It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - Close Range Sightings.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is a really very good thread. All too often, especially more recent, everytime I hear (read) someone alarm about their "ufo", it is a high small light in the sky that is most likely -not- an -anomalous- ufo. Back in the late 70's when I saw ufos, I was lucky enough to see a formation of ufos that were more than a light. They were close enough to see that they were round, (hold a penny out at arms length) but not close enough to be of value for those seeking more details, which is a good thing to seek, as such is, the most telling aspect about this phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I agree, they are verry real and hopefully will be mainstream as you and i one day, if there frequencey is increasing then there more likely to become clear everyday reality, i believe allot of them are scientist or adventurist like humans, theres probebly good ones and bad ones, just like us humans, just leave them be unless they actually harm us.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I agree, they are verry real and hopefully will be mainstream as you and i one day, if there frequencey is increasing then there more likely to become clear everyday reality, i believe allot of them are scientist or adventurist like humans, theres probebly good ones and bad ones, just like us humans, just leave them be unless they actually harm us.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by epicfail
It's very interesting to see the similarities in some different cases.

Epicfail, thanks for the reply and it sure is - as Kandinsky mentions in this post there was a similar police UFO sighting from Ohio just ten days prior to the Portage County incident and the object reported here also sounds a bit lke the one involved in the Coyne incident from two years later - the Bariloche area of Argentina also has some very strange reports of similar objects (link) and there's also this RAF report from the Little Rissington incident just one month earlier.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

oh and all these too

easynowsmoonblog.blogspot.com...

Easynow, that's a mighty fine link mate -thanks for posting that one

Here's another good one of yours from Exeter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b259e5b25048.png[/atsimg]

Exeter Patrolmen Eugene Bertrand, Jr. and David Hunt, and Norman Muscarello saw a large silent, dark, elliptical object with a row of 5 bright red lights oriented about 60° to horizontal, move slowly and erratically around houses and trees at 100 ft height to SE [or 60-70 ft height 100 ft away], lighting up the ground and houses in red light, while lights blinked in sequence; falling leaf motion.

Thread

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One of my favorites is the Lonnie Zamora case

Google Video Link

And also the South African school children's sighting

Awesome thread!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I saw an incredible UFO event.They are real and people who think videos that can be debunked don't seem to understand you can edit a real video and make it look like a fake skeptical video because you can edit every single video today to make them look real or fake.So if someone saw their very first airplane ever the video may be a fake airplane in the video because you can add and edit anything today and make it look real.So it cannot be reliable unless the video is beyond fake lookingn and is a real crappy fake looking UFO.When you have a real good quailty UFO the skeptics will debunk ievery single one of them because you can edit anyting today with the quailty of video editing and make it look real.
Does not matter what it is in a video it can be edited to make it look real.Therefore a real UFO video can always be debunked which ends up making skeptics look like idiots.Honesnty has to be used in every case and real investigations have to be done.I have not seen one video faked yet because they all can be faked even if they are real.Unless it is pathetic and very crappy video editing and plain as day fake and cartoonish.Or obvious crappy CGI fake.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the additions, some very interesting cases there and some quite bizarre object descriptions.

Here's one of Jkrog's threads dealing with a very freaky object over the Yukon.

Yukon Territory, Canada - December 11th, 1996:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/289ff46f3b15.jpg[/atsimg]

This incident took place in three separate towns along the 134 mile length of the Klondike Highway in Yukon Territory, Canada. The reported size of the semi-spherical UFO is over a mile in diameter, or bigger than a football stadium. Again, there were over 30 witnesses(22 interviewed so far) to this unbelievable event which all concurred on the size of the craft, as well the shape, and all other important facts.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
'Strange Aircraft' Seen At Matador:

Lubbock, Texas, August 31st, 1951:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adfbd2f4b7ee.jpg[/atsimg]

The two witnesses report a 'pear-shaped object, aluminum or silver in color, which readily reflected the sunlight' - they also mention the object had a 'door or porthole'.

Thread

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow that sphere looks exactly like the ufo i saw about a year ago, that prompted me to begin my search for enlightenment

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Pelotas, Brazil - October 5, 1996:

Brazilian pilot Haroldo Westendorf, 39, was flying over Pelotas when he encountered an enormous pyramid or cone shaped UFO, with 8-10 sides; it was 100 meters in diameter and 70 meters high. Westendorf was able to fly around the base of the object three times, at one point coming as close as 40 meters. Then, out of an opening at the top of the craft, a smaller classic disc-shaped UFO emerged and flew off at tremendous speed. Three air traffic controllers and others on the ground also witnessed the event.

Spain - 1967/1968:

The ufo wave over Spain was so intense that in that same fall, the office of the Air Ministry of Spain made public a note which solicited that all citizens who would be witness to any of these objects ,should communicate to the corresponding air sector [authorities]. That official note was going to be the first indirect acknowledgement by the authorities in Spaniard Avionics of ufo's.Another Pyramid Over Spain

In one of those official files precisely dated June,3, 1967, the Air Defense was explaining the intent of an interception of another UFO in "Pyramid" form by saber F-86 fighter jet.

Thread

edit on 14-3-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by karl 12

How about Aliens Waving

Father Gill / Papua New Guinea Sighting 1959

Summary: William B. Gill, an Anglican priest with a mission in Bosinai, Papas New Guinea, observed craft-like UFOs -- one with Humanoid figures on top -- on two consecutive evenings, June 26-27, 1959. About twenty-five natives, including teachers and medical technicians, also observed the phenomena. They "signaled" the humanoids and received an apparent response. This was one of sixty UFO sightings within a few weeks in the New Guinea area.

source - www.ufoevidence.org...

Priest talks about UFO experience in Papau New Guinea
video link - www.youtube.com...

Hey my friend, whilst not being at all conclusive, Greg Bishop does raise some interesting points at this link about the Kwajalein atoll and the possibility of the 'Father Gill object' being some kind of U.S. classified aircraft or 'unconventional aerial platform'- the priest's own object (and occupant) description is also posted on there and sounds pretty mundane:

"You must also keep in mind that there was nothing eerie or other worldly about any of this. It was all so ordinary, as ordinary as a Ford car. It looked a perfectly normal sort of object, an earth made object. I realised, of course, that some people might think of this as a flying saucer but I took it to be some kind of hovercraft the Americans or even the Australians had built.

The figures inside looked perfectly human. In fact, I thought they were human, that if we got them to land we would find the pilots to be ordinary earthmen in military uniforms and we would have dinner with them."

Whilst I'm not saying this is the answer, there's a pretty interesting video here about Hiller flying platforms and if these things were being developed as far back as the fifties then who knows what else the U.S. Military (or Office of Naval Research) could have had under wraps in unacknowledged classified projects?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
This is my personal favorite. The video is from the History Channel: Trace Cases episode. This occurred on the family farm of Edwin Fuhr in 1974. The whole trace case episode from History Channel is awesome in my opinion...

Frater210, thanks for the input and there's some more info about that case here - it seems the area is a bit of a hotspot.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I thought i'd ad this to your excellent thread

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vickfan
Wow that sphere looks exactly like the ufo i saw about a year ago, that prompted me to begin my search for enlightenment

Vickfan, thanks for the reply - do you mean the sphere shown in the document for the Tehran incident?

On the subject of spheres, this is an interesting sketch of a spherical UFO witnessed by Masaaki Kuduo over in Tomakomai in Hokkaido, Japan, July 1973..

Hokkaido, Japan, July 1973:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/776ae098d8b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

..the reason it's interesting is because it looks a bit like this object witnessed over New Hampshire four months later:

Goffstown, New Hampshire - November 2, 1973:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15423bcc7cef.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for the post Woodwardjnr and that's a pretty fascinating UFO incident you've gone and posted there - I found it interesting that the sighting was also confirmed by a pilot in another plane and I bet Captain Bowyer was quite releived when he realised the other passengers of his aircraft were also seeing the objects - I don't know if you've read about the Bethune case below but the aircrew and passengers also witnessed a strange object over Newfoundland:

Bethune/Gander incident -February 10th, 1951:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13738a849b56.gif[/atsimg]

Flight crew members said an orange rimmed with dark center UFO was approximately 300 ft. in diameter and was first spotted hovering over the water. As their plane approached and got closer to the object the UFO must have been startled by the unexpected visitors and began to change colors and grow in size and made an advancement towards their position.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

September 1977; Parkstone, Dorset, UK:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd766b0cb91a.jpg[/atsimg]

July 13, 1959, Blenheim, New Zealand:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a82f679c8e1c.jpg[/atsimg]

November 2, 1967, Ririe, Idaho:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbbf29616309.jpg[/atsimg]

December 8, 1967; Idaho Falls, ID:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79d17bdc4fa0.jpg[/atsimg]

January 1, 1970; Duncan, B.C., Canada:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e71372bc20c7.jpg[/atsimg]

April 16,1974, Casale Monferrato, Italy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/572f38c3c571.jpg[/atsimg]

May 3, 1975, San Antonio, Texas:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fae2689963d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Cowichan, Canada, 1970:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06eebd1bd60f.jpg[/atsimg]

"The object was circular and had what I guess you would call a top and bottom. The bottom was silvery, like metal, and was shaped like a bowl. There was a string of bright lights around it like a necklace. The top was a dome made of something like glass. It was lit up from inside and I could see right into it."

Thread

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just finished reading "Incident at Exeter" by John G. Fuller (another great find at my local used book store) which is full of close range sightings. I think he ended up with 60 different witness accounts of sightings over a 2 or 3 month period. Sightings in a concentrated area by individuals not known to each other whose sightings all are almost exactly the same or very, very similar. Very hard to discount when people are describing the exact same objects, same size, same lighting colors and characteristics and same movements...

Also in the book, nearly all the sightings were of craft directly over and close to power lines. There is also a possible connection to the Northeast Blackout of 1965, at the time the cause was not found (yes, Wiki now says it was human error at a relay station, but.....)...interesting none-the-less....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
I just finished reading "Incident at Exeter" by John G. Fuller (another great find at my local used book store) which is full of close range sightings. I think he ended up with 60 different witness accounts of sightings over a 2 or 3 month period. Sightings in a concentrated area by individuals not known to each other whose sightings all are almost exactly the same or very, very similar. Very hard to discount when people are describing the exact same objects, same size, same lighting colors and characteristics and same movements...

Fascinating stuff mate and I'll certainly have to get hold of a copy of that one, I've looked for it on E-book format but can't find it anywhere - there is this report taken from Major Donald Keyhoe's UFO Archives (link) featuring a transcript from an NBC television programme about the Exeter incident from 1966 - John Fuller is discussing the sightings with Dr J. Allen Hyneck, Donald Menzel, Frank Salisbury and Leo Sprinkle....Donald Menzel doesn't come off too well.

Journal of UFO History - Vol 1, No 2 (pdf)

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join