It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Sighting Over Spain In1968

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Mass Sighting Over Spain In1968

In the past four decades or more we have been witness to many reports of UFO's and in these recent times specifically the anomalous Triangles that seem to be everywhere and whose description and maneuverability in almost all cases match in their capabilities . In this report you will find many situations which are similar to occurances in current times even the scepticis
and government shananigans.

Thursday September, 5, 1968 in the afternoon Madrid underwent an important Trafic Jam. This was the first time in Spains history that an unknown flying object provokes a total collapse of traffic. In that afternoon thousans of Spaniards [Madrilenos] stopped and stepped out of their vehicles to the ground to contenplate an object in pyramid form with "three lights"[sounds familiar?]. the spectacle made a strong call to the attention of citizens journalistand and scientist, to the point that the spanish Air Force had to scramble from Torrejon Air Base an F-104 jet. The misterious pyramid object remained in the skies of Spain for the span of 65 minutes. Sufficient time so it could be observed with binoculars, telescopesof all kinds and of course photography. By the end of that time the floating pyramid disapeared behind a cloud at thirty thousand kilometers in altitude.
Alerted to the presence of the ufo the Spanish Air Force scrambled an F-104 that went in direction towards the object. When the jet reached 50 thousand feet [some 15,000 kilometers] , the pilot communicated that the object was much higher and that he had to return to base because he was running out of fiuel.The pilots report was confirmed by another plane which was flying at 36 thousand feet. According to sources the radar from Military Air Command managed to observe that the object moved very slow and at an altitude of thirty kilometers. The object was also viewed from an astronomical observertory from Madrid. There a journalist gave faith that the ufo emited a blinding light. The shape-- affirmed from the observertory was triangular. At first sight it seemed solid on one of it's faces although it resulted translucent on other sides.

Proximate zones near Madrid as in the case of the meteorlogical base in Cuenca -- the object was also observed with clarity and for the space of various hours.

At the roots of these observations other witness have declared seeing strange flying objects over Spain. For example -- the important case of the pharmacist in the local of Duenas to the north of Madrid, which after two days after the graet " Pyramid" incident was followed by an ovoid formed object.
The ufo wave over Spain was so intense that in that same fall, the office of the Air Ministry of Spain made public a note which solicited that all citizens who would be witness to any of these objects ,should communicate to the corresponding air sector [authorities]. That official note was going to be the first indirect acknowledgement by the authorities in Spaniard Avionics of ufo's.Another Pyramid Over Spain

In one of those official files precisely dated June,3, 1967, the Air Defense was explaining the intent of an interception of another UFO in "Pyramid" form by saber F-86 fighter jet.

F-86 Sabre, avión de caza del Ejército del Aire Español en Manises

The file from the Air Force states 12 folios mecanographed to a space and in it transcribed among other things a conversation between two pilots in a T-33 military training plane who were the first in locating the object and the other two combat jets mentiond before[Sabers].

T-33. Avión de entrenamiento del Ejército del Aire español (***)

This audio tape was jealuosly guarded by the air force up untill 1976 date in which general Felipe Galarza put in my hands the twelve valuable documents. The case has the following title -- Informative extract of an aircraft phenomenon on July, 3, 1967 on the first military region air space.

On said investigation it is made clear that the T-33 communicated for the first time the presence of a ufo at 16.24 hours-when they were conducting flight training , Torrejon and Talavera air base.
When the T-33 explained to Matador [denomination used by By Madrid air Control] was that the object was staitionary and it had a ufo shape. When Matador asked to try to identify the object the pilot in training responded--- " The more I rise the more it rises"A while later two hunter jets unite with the T-33 and also see the ufo. The combat pilots communicate to Madrid exactly the same as the the pilot in training.

"It seems to rise at the sme pace we do"
Once reaching 45,000 feet more or less the great "pyramid" as described by the pilots again became immobile. What is strange is that at this altitude --some 15,000 meters -- meteorlogical services pointed out that at that time winds were at 50 knots [ioo kilometers per hour] There is no globe after all that can maintiain that altitude and remain immobile with that amount of wind force. The pilots logically discarded the possibility of meteorlogical globes. One of the saber jet pilots confirmed to Matador that the strange thing is that the vertex beak[point] that was in oposition to the sun shined more than the rest of the object. " How could this be"!!

The description in good measure is similar to what witnesses managed to see and photograph -- another giagantic "Pyramid" over the skies of Spain in 1968.
see images below>>>

[edit: title - all caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 10-4-2008 by angelc01]

[Mod Edit - embed images as requested]

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by angelc01

What an interesting and well - documented thread: star and flag from me. Thanks for sharing this one here: i've never heard of this mass sighting. Keep on doing the excellent work!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well documented, myself aswell has never heard of this mass sighting, this is very cool.

Great work angelco1, star and a flag!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos comming from you that is an honor and I appreciate your interest in this matter which is relevant to actual times and besides it's always good to know history to understand the present, this includes UFO history.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Its show you that in that times how ufos actvity was already!I agree that sometimes whe have to look back, I am still enjoing this post!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Thankyou Gunsinwar and as I mentiond in my previous post to Internos digging into history gives you better insight even though some documents are hard to find, but thats "detective work for you".

]like for example this document which states an incident that occured on a flight from Paris France to Madrid where a French photo journalist filmed a ufo during the flight and when he arrived to Madrid during his stay at the hotel he was confronted by spanish military high command and was asked to turn in the film under threat of deportation and arrest in which he had no other choice but to turn in the film which he had wih great reluctance.

I have made a translation from spanish to inglish a thorough report from a ufo study group which I will post on this thread

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

This one to reference when debunkers start in about "How come UFOs are only seen by one or two people. They might be lying."

Great jobangelc01.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nice post

I'm getting to the point that I have more interest in these older reports. Far more credibility in the pre-Internet reports or they would not have survived. Anyway, this one was not familiar to me, so thanks so much.

Flagged and a star

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

to coin an old phrase "the needs of the many outway the needs of the few so I guess it can be applied to this as well, when people in mass see and photograph an object of this nature which defies all laws established by man in regards to flight maneuvers and such.
Thanks for your response

Sometimes digging into the past you can find a little gold.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Glad I can be of help Blaine and believe me it was not easy translating most of the info from different sources and there is still more to come on the same subject as soon as I brush up some ideas.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great post, star and flag!

I did not had the time to read it, but this reminded me of something; some years ago, mostly in the 60s and 70s, I think, many of the UFO sightings were made by groups of people, while today they are mostly seen by one person or very small groups.

If you need any help in translating the texts I may give you a hand.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'll take you up on that ArMap and thanks for the offer there are some more documents in spanish and also some in French but whatever your input is most welcome.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here is some more on this incident>>>
There are many similarities in some circumstances which relate to the present going on's of triangle
activity around the world which we may find interesting.

Los OVNIs que asombraron España en 1968
UFOs that shocked Spain in 1968
Written by Bruno Cardeñosa
I post the external article's translation

In May 1968 immense triangular objects over Spain before thousands of witnesses.
So then it was not known that the authorities thoroughly investigated the facts,
although officially it has been said that meteorological balloons were French..
WORLD MISTERIOSO shows, the following latest research, it was authentic UFOs.
On 14 and May 15, 1968 thousands of Spanish citizens turned their eyes to the sky:
huge huge triangular objects were flying wit impunity over Spanish airspace with the
fighters of the Air Force unable reach them. In late l992's new authorities reopened the case to
declassify the official reports of sightings. According to them, those mysterious artifacts were simply
French stratospheric balloons.

After 30 years of heated discussion, we can offer readers new data to question the official version.
And although I do not intend to close the discussion, the information that I am about to expose them leave evidence
of a sordid plot orchestrated from the Air Force Command at the time -
the agency responsible for research and declassification of UFO reports,
the aim of which does not appear to be another substantial data on the reality of UFOs.

Source:
portal.mundomisterioso.com...

To be continued on the next post

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Brilliant post Angel, I appreciate the hard work you have put into this because you had the extra work of doing the translation aswell.

This has made available to English speaking members like myself what would normally remain unnoticed.

The weird thing here is that this is not your average triangle but a pyramid which is odd, I wonder if the writers of Stargate came across this report

Anyway a star and a flag for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

The weird thing here is that this is not your average triangle but a pyramid which is odd, I wonder if the writers of Stargate came across this report

Who Knows ?? Writers sometimes get their ideas from happenings that are out of the ordinary and that seem fantastic. this being one of them would most assuredly inspire any writer to do the same .

Maybe we can get the rights for a movie

But anyway thanks for your input Sherpa and keep chasing your TRIANGULOS, because I feel that this is not over yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

You know, that's a question i've posed to myself too

I've found a report about a very interesting sighting of a pyramid (or cone) shaped ufo that occurred iver Pelotas, Brazil, on 1996

Pilot encounters giant pyramid-shaped UFO over Pelotas, Brazil
October 5, 1996

Summary: Brazilian pilot Haroldo Westendorf, 39, was flying over Pelotas when he encountered an enormous pyramid or cone shaped UFO, with 8-10 sides; it was 100 meters in diameter and 70 meters high. Westendorf was able to fly around the base of the object three times, at one point coming as close as 40 meters. Then, out of an opening at the top of the craft, a smaller classic disc-shaped UFO emerged and flew off at tremendous speed. Three air traffic controllers and others on the ground also witnessed the event.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
[post by internos

[edit on 12-4-2008 by angelc01]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A banner day for UFO enthusiasts on ATS today...another great thread!

Starred and flagged Angelc01

I am wondering, as I read through all the posts, why there were so many more "mass sightings" in the past as had been brought up here?

I would imagine if one of the triangle shaped UFOs flew right over I-75 in rush hour here in Cincinnati, not many would notice on their commute, as they all seem to be yacking away on their cell phones and oblivious to their surroundings.

Angelc01, great job in organizing the data and translating it and taking the time to post it and thanks to the rest that posted further information.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sorry about the edited post guys but I had some trouble with an image and as soon as I get it corected I will post for all.
So here is some more on this topic>>
UFOs over Barcelona and Madrid

So it is no wonder the public impact that those incidents had taken place in the heavens.
This also posed a novelty?
It was last evening of May 14 when thousands of Catalans contemplated an object triangular after
spending hours static began to move toward the northwest at high speed, increasing its luminosity.
One witness of the event was the veteran investigator Farriols Rafael, who came to get 82 pictures
of the strange artifact.
An army captain serving in the rádar Rose (Gerona) sent an official letter to ufologist
Catalan Antonio Ribera on 20 July the same year, in which he reported the detection on rádar of the object,
which was observed from a American fighter pilot. They ordered a "scramble" from the air base of Zaragoza,
"but were unable to locate the object." Official information about this incident has not been declassified
until the end of l996, four years after publicizing reports on the cases of 15 and l7 May being explained right now.
The delay, incidentally, has no explanation.
On the morning of day 15 was observed from Madrid an object located about three kilometres high.
According to a controller of Torrejón, the object was "composed of three parallel bodies without
being able to elaborate further away and for having fallen." At the same time, about ten o'clock,
they returned and was detected an echo over the city of Barcelona, from where thousands of citizens
returning to observe an object similar to the previous night. Then unsuccessfully an attempt to approach
the objects from two fighters from the air base of Zaragoza. There was an immediate order for the departure
of two F-104 of Torrejon. According to official information, "the high altitude of the object prevented a
clear identification and making filming vague, but in view of the pilots agreed that this was a balloon catheter."
Hours later, at 13.00 hours, the crew of a DC-9 that covered an Inaugural flight destined for Paris noted,
the vertical Sierra Onion (La Rioja), a spherical object with "three-legged" at the bottom .
A journalist, Alfredo Gonzalez Retuerce, managed to film the object.
Around six p.m. observed on the Basque Country and ovoid objects very bright heading east.
The wave, however, had begun 48 hours before, when three triangular objects over Huesca the afternoon
of May l3 for three hours, causing concern among military barracks in the area.
The military rádar of Calatayud (Zaragoza) detected an object on Lerida.
Again, a ruling was issued another "scramble" and two fighters took off from
Torrejon to 11 am in the direction of the object, which was rising as the fighters approached.
Without success they returned to the base, but the object continued on the screens of rádar until
well into the afternoon.
The Air Defence Command investigated the facts.
Those reports were reviewed by Lieutenant-Colonel Angel Bastida, that the October 26,
1992 a stamped signature approving the declassification of the original report.
Faced with him 24 years of secrecy. Yet, he had the audacity to say that the sightings
(with the exception of cases on the day l3 Huesca and l4 about Barcelona, which were not declassified)
were caused by two stratospheric balloons launched from the Landes (France) by the
National Center d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES) of the neighbouring country.
The attempted explanation, as we shall see, does not fit at all with reality.

portal.mundomisterioso.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

It is truly a HECTIC life we are living lately when we barely notice the amazing things that surround us on this planet. But it's always up to a few who observe these things, scrutinize, criticize, and try to bring out the truth of the matter. I will keep on pushing to bring out more.
And thanks for your comments.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join