It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light in the sky dropping debris

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would say it's almost definately not a weather balloon and string. For starters, the "material" drops at least as low as the cloud below, which would make the string extremely long in comparison to the balloon.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drako76

There was a thread on that recently that was moved to the Hoax forum. The UFO disappears one frame before the truck passes. You can search through that forum or the comments on YouTube to see the videos that show this.

I don't think the video in the OP is a weather balloon because it looks like smoke falling rather than a string. It also seems stationary.

I wish the video didn't cut off right before Joshy was going to tell us what it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

The reason it looks to be holding its position is because there is only :50 seconds of video and its drifting slowly back. and up. Sometimes these ballloons are lit on fire too. a small flame on the string of the balloon may cause that dropping of debris..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78f78f5ef48a.jpg[/atsimg]

Only other thing I can think of is if it was a type of homemade sky lantern. they put a candle in it and some of them start dripping hot wax all over the place. It seems like the video was cut early to prevent from showing the lantern falling...
edit on 2/25/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If it had been something manned it could simply be dropping ballast, water or sand, but it doesn't seem to be an envelope type balloon.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Most likely it was a fireball, there's been an increase in them lately, as I've documented in this thread:

Welcome to the shooting gallery: fireball incidence 2005:1.28/day 2011:4.94/day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a recent spectacular example:

PA NJ NY CONN RI Philadelphia Daytime Bolide Fireball 12:45 EST 14FEB2011

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To follow and make sense of the data go here:

www.amsmeteo... rs.org/fireball2/public.php?start_date=2011-01-01&end_date=2011-02-28&state=&event_id=&submit=Find+Reports

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

An interesting view of fireballs and such is here, from 1990:

abob.libs.uga.edu...

Over the next few weeks the Taurid stream, a procession of vast cosmic rubble and dust that snakes around the Sun and out towards Jupiter, will swing through Earth's orbit for the first of its bi-annual crossings.

Within the stream are probably thousands of bodies including asteroids, mountain-and island-sized boulders, smaller meteoroids, Encke's Comet and assorted fragments of celestial refuse.

The exact number, size and location of objects, however, remains a mystery and according to Dr. Mark Bailey, research Fellow in astronomy at Manchester University, it is likely that for every object which is confirmed, there are nine others that have so far eluded detection.

All that is certain is that the rubble, believed by some astronomers to have been formed by a collision in the asteroid belt of a defunct comet which was captured by the solar system up to 30,000 thousand years ago, will bisect Earth's orbit in late June and again in November.

According to astronomers such as Dr. Victor Clube, of Oxford University's Department of Astrophysics, the coming and goings of the Taurid stream should be a source of concern to politicians, planners and anyone who cherishes life on Earth.

A ''catastrophist'', Dr. Clube is one of many astronomers who are convinced that within this celestial procession lie the seeds of mass destruction an Armageddon of biblical proportions. ''The matter requires urgent attention. It is crucial that everyone is woken up to the danger,'' Dr. Clube says.

The chilling scenario envisaged is of Earth and one of the 46,000mph objects in the Taurid stream colliding during one of the orbital crossings.

Dr. Clube says: ''It is analagous to a nuclear war with a megatonnage of the same order and all the effects of nuclear war with debris from the impact causing sunlight to be blocked causing a Dark Age or Ice Age.''

He has coined the phrase ''Multiple Tunguska Bombardment'' to describe the worst nightmare which, he believes, will eventually happen. Tunguska refers to a Siberian River near which, in June 1908, a 100 yard body from the Taurid stream ploughed into Earth, exploding and devastating an area 25 miles wide with the impact of a 20-megaton bomb.

Fortunately the encounter occured in an unpopulated part of the globe but if the impact had been on London it would have devastated the city, killing millions. The Tunguska event may have been only a chance occurence.

Yet, according to Dr. Clube and Dr. Bill Napier, of the Royal Observatory in Edinburgh, whose book Cosmic Winter is published next month, the history of Earth is littered with subtle evidence that cosmic debris have consistently intervened, often with catastrophic consequences.

One of the most popular theories to explain the sudden demise of the dinosaurs is that, 65 million years ago, a huge asteroid ploughed into the planet, triggering either a nuclear-style winter or huge fires.

This popular theory was given a boost only last week when scientists at the University of Arizona reported the discovery of an apparent 180-mile-wide crash site in the Caribbean of an asteroid six miles wide. They claim this could be linked with the great reptiles' extinction.

Dr. Clube ascribes other events including the Old Testament story of Noah and his Ark to a Dark Age linked with colliding heavenly bodies. He also believes that climatic changes, including fears of present global warming, may have a cosmic component.

There is sufficient evidence, he says, to indicate that collisions happen within centuries and millenniums rather than millions and billions of years, with multiple encounters more likely than sceptics claim.

Remember that was from over twenty years ago.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interestingly his bio on Youtube states he a BBC photo journalist, and worked for Getty also.
edit on 25-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow! Very similar to another vid I've seen:

suposto OVNI na região de Bauru

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Kite, weather balloon, chinese lantern.

Mwahaha,

I will report to the Dark Lord that his plan is working, another glorious battle against St. Youtube - once again.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Interestingly his bio on Youtube states he a BBC photo journalist, and worked for Getty also.
edit on 25-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

Even more interesting , he has in his collection the "streamer" video that was discussed at length on ATS before, except that this one has two opposing views of the same thing, and they match up, so that video is real, possibly mundane, but real, IMO.

www.youtube.com.../f/4/aISsh5EvrvI

Expand the collection and look for this title, Lo mejor de 2009 - OVNI nave nodriza II - Alfredo Carrillo
tercermil
edit on 25-2-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Debunk THIS

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This 'dripping ufo' theme seems to be increasingly common, and the very nature of it is very intriguing to me. One word that comes to mind when watching this one, and a few others out there on the net similar to it is 'seeding', but that's the imagination for ya!

Of course it could also be someone's clever-yet-whacked-out pyromaniac experiment. However, I think most of us know the nature of the large variety of flares used by military forces these days, and can attest that this does not fit any of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That was one of the ones I was going to post but didn't want to detract from the thread

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I used to be a weatherman in the Air Force. We sent up weather balloon for upper winds and temperatures. The balloon we used was about 10 feet in diameter when we released it, by the time it exploded they were about a mile across. We could get some balloons to sometimes 3 or 4 millibars of pressure. Almost outer space. The pressure in the balloon wants to stay at atmospheric pressure. At sea level, there is about 14.7 pounds per square inch pushing in on the balloon. It is pushing 14.7 psi back - so the size stays the same. As the balloon rises because helium is lighter than air at the same pressures, the atmosphere gets less and less as it approaches outer space. The balloon starts expanding because it's pushing out, starting at 14.7 psi. trying to equalize with atmosphereic pressure. At 0 millibars, the pressure is almost nothing. The balloon is so stretched out it bursts before it could reach outer space. For science purposes, the atmosphere is divided up into 1000 bars. Each millibar represents 1/1000 of atmospheric pressure. 1000 bars is at surface level and 0 bars is outer space. The bars get further and further apart as you get to outer space. 4 years ago

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Good video Ziggy! I've never seen one like that. It's good to have an idea of how amazing relatively mundane things can look.
edit on 25-2-2011 by goatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

I don't think so, if it's a weather balloon why is it stationary? Sorry I've never seen a string make an illusion of dripping debris.

By the way, what is the alien in your avatar from??? A movie I watched as a kid and seeing that has brought back a flood of memories

You're right. definitely not a weather balloon. I think its a fire ballloon dripping candle wax. If its not that then i definitely dont have a clue.

The alien in my avatar is Mac from the movie Mac & Me. It was basically the poor mans version of ET but I loved the movie. Here's a little trip down memory lane for ya!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't think any of the weather balloon vids look anything like the OP vid.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'd have to guess the altitude of the object in question here lies between 10 and 20 thousand feet, and the weather balloons you posted are probably in the area of 120,000'+, and that it must be some wicked 'wax' to leave that type of illumination and smoke on descent. Aside from that, though, after viewing the video once again it does appear even more mundane to me and really isn't doing anything outside our laws of physics that I can see.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There definitely is a trend going on in ufo sightings lately. The ball of light(s) falling from stationary light(s) is being recorded all over the place. What is this?

It all seems far to similar to just be coincidence. The vids are not all EXACTLY the same but you would have to be blind to not notice the similarity between them. Of course I am talking about the Utah vid and Dome vid as well as many others that have been mentioned on different threads...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Awesome avatar! I used to love Mac and Me when I was a child, far more than that other movie....could never remember what it was called, thanks for the reminder...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
The alien in my avatar is Mac from the movie Mac & Me. It was basically the poor mans version of ET but I loved the movie. Here's a little trip down memory lane for ya!

Thank you! I've been trying to remember that movie for years! A truly great film.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join