It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird text message

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Yes! I sent one - I hope they got it. It says:

"Your American friends in the USA are on your side. We will pray for you. Good luck."

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by tamenie

"Your American friends in the USA are on your side. We will pray for you. Good luck."

Did you send it via the web or from your phone? If from the web, which site did you use?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

when i had at&t with unlimited texts it cost me 50cents to text a mexican cellphone and i live in indiana

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Hmmm...translate.google.com tells me it's Swedish, but doesn't translate it into anything. Weird.

I can tell you that that is NOT Swedish, nor Swedish slang (which wont translate in your google translater either. Google translater isn't reliable friend.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by tamenie

Did you send it via the web or from your phone? If from the web, which site did you use?

I just sent it from my cell. I don't care if it costs even a few bux.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Call them back? Reach out and touch a Libyan.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne

Hmmm...translate.google.com tells me it's Swedish, but doesn't translate it into anything. Weird.

I can tell you that that is NOT Swedish, nor Swedish slang (which wont translate in your google translater either. Google translater isn't reliable friend.

I know it isn't, just was weird how google thought it was. It's probably some sort of prayer as mentioned earlier. Who knows, maybe there is text-ese in Arabic too that will be difficult to translate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I sent a text message from my phone. If you are AT&T its only .25 cents a msg.
25 cents is well worth it to let them know they have the support of people world wide.
We are all brothers/sisters no matter what race or religon, and they need to know that.
I can only hope they find peace soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
yes i feel luck that my number was typed in

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing it here so we could all show our support. s&f

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ya i showed some of the family and there response was ''probably some spam thing to get money out of you'' they are so un open minded :/

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08
reply to post by tamenie

يا رب is ya rab which means Oh Lord. The "na" ending is the suffix added to Arabic verbs which means "to us"; us being the direct object of the verb. I'm playing around with the first word "usterna" but "arhamna" or ارحمنا means have mercy on us.

I'm playing around with the spacing, and when I type in "us terna" (which splits 'us' from the 'terna') google translate returns with U.S. States. It detects it as Swedish, as a previous poster mentioned.

I know that messing with the spacing of the letters may totally create different words which weren't intended. But I thought someone typing really fast may have made an error, and mentioning the U.S. while sending randomly to the U.S. might be relevant. So maybe, after looking at your post and seeing you have a command of the syntax, maybe you could figure out how "U.S. States" would fit with "Oh Lord" and "have mercy on us." (And of course, that's IF the space was actually meant to be in the first place.)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

hmm, if thats the case, i wonder if the protesters are being told that the U.S. is bombing them

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Has anyone gotten a reply back yet from your phantom replies?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Holy %#$*@!!! I got 3 replies!

I left my cell home while I was out tonight. I left it on my bed. I was all undressed and ready to go to sleep a few minutes ago when I saw my cell and wondered if they actually may have gotten back to me. I don't believe it! Here they are:

1:

Feb 23, 1:17 am (EST)
"Pray 4 Libya not 4 me."

2:

Feb 23, 1:19 am (EST)
"Nobody is on our side.pls pray 4 libya not 4 me.dont forget us."

3:

Feb 23, 1:28 am (EST)
"We have access 2 landline only.amd mobile only 4 1 hr early morning."

...My god. It's like 21st century penpals with the penpal in the middle of a warzone.

I want to write something back, but I don't think it's even appropriate anymore at this point. They have their hands full right now.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Cool thread. Thank you for sharing.
I sent them a text just now "Wishing you freedom SOON!"
I will let you know if I hear back from them!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I just sent a text too. It's a nice thought that we could offer some sort of support to those people. I hope that sending a text back is appropriate and will not create more problems. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

smsfree4all.com...
Select El Madar under service provider and type in 3645587 as the number

I suggest everyone do this, a few words go a long way in the heart of someone. Hopefully this bastard leader will get what he deserves.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

I just sent one:

The world is watching, even if they tell you to believe otherwise. We hope you get your freedom soon!

I hope this cheers them up a little bit knowing a bit of the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne

I know it isn't, just was weird how google thought it was. It's probably some sort of prayer as mentioned earlier. Who knows, maybe there is text-ese in Arabic too that will be difficult to translate.

This could be because Sweden has a high Muslim population, which is predicted to go much higher in the future. It's already 3.5% of the population, and the culture shock has been tremendous, with rapes and other violent crimes skyrocketing.

If you google "Swedish Muslim population" you will see all types of articles discussing the results of Sweden's liberal immigration policies.

Supposedly, Sweden has one of the largest immigrant populations in the EU. Norway also has a high population of immigrants, and are experiencing a lot of the same problems.

That is what happens when immigration is encouraged and allowed to continue unchecked, especially when the immigrant population is a people with such a diverse background from the host country.

Hopefully, if countries like Libya and Egypt and others, can break loose from the iron fist of propped-up dictators, the people will have more opportunities to live better.

Then maybe the tide of immigration to other countries (that is supported by the evil minions and their agenda of chaos) can be stemmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join