It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Another way to look at this is that America is standing up to its masters (the U.N.).

As an aside: The name "Palestine" was given to the region (and "Palestinian" to the people of the area) by the Romans. There were two people here when the Romans arrived: Philistines and Israelites. The Romans called everyone in the area Palestinians. The thing is, the Philistines weren't Semites. Their roots lay to the west, in an area around Crete (though Cyprus has been conjectured, as well). So who are the current Palestinians? They aren't the Philistines (who are genetically and culturally Arab), and they aren't the Jews (or Israelis). I'll let you do the rest of the research yourselves, though I imagine a number of you are already putting the blinders on and sticking your fingers in your ears while yelling "la la la!"

Now for a quandary: why would a people (the current "Palestinians" as they call themselves) that have a reputation of cultural purity, rejecting Western ways and being isolationist, accept a moniker not even remotely Arab (as the current "Palestinians" most certainly are)?

/TOA

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
Elementary, my dear Watson. It's the Holocaust Museum built in Washington, D.C. that swayed the U.S. govt to veto the resolution. It made the American people feel guilty about the Holocaust, even though it didn't occurred on American soil, and the American people have nothing to do with it.

Well, the people (directly) may not have had anything to do with the holocaust (regardless of the numbers).

When the allies refused the jews entry when Germany wanted to expatriate them early on, that put some of the blood on them as well.

I'm a Nationalist. I"m Volksdeutsch. I'm also a believer in Israel being able to defend itself.

A little country like Israel being a thorn in the side of all these other M.E. countries? Really? Its kinda like having a 230lb , 6'8" guy screaming that a midget is threatening him.

Get real folks.

for the record, I do think that Israel has its own warts. I dont like the caliber of Jew in our government (Leiberman exluded-like him but not some of his politics). I also have no use for Simon Weasel....Weisenthal.
edit on 19/2/11 by felonius because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I respect you writing such a long thought out post. But I have to say I don't really understand it.

Are you saying there are no Palestenians? cause they came from somewhere else?

?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by tom goose

Israel did not wipe Palestine off of the map.

Me thinks someone should learn some history.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Another way to look at this is that America is standing up to its masters (the U.N.).

That would be true if they were vetoing resolutions against the US..
Nah, it's pretty damn clear the US master is Israel, not the UN...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The Palestinians are tools of the arab world. If the other arabs "really" gave a damn about them, they would have absorbed them.

they didnt. Better to use them as a weapon.

I really believe had it not been for hamas and co., they might have had a go of it in the west bank with the flower growing facilities.

Cant have that though.

Wealth breeds education, education breeds awareness, awareness questioning. A questioning lot are harder to control and much less likely to strap a bomb to their asses.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

This is not about Israels right to defend itself.

This is about Israel stealing land and building human shield settlements on it.

This is about the US saying one thing and doing the opposite.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by Cosmic4life

Nothing will satisfy you.

Quit dealing in ifs.

Second, there are extremists in Gaza who hide behind the general populace.

Try Google.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You know what dude, I'm not the one that posted a source on "Jews owning all media" from a source that would be right at home at Stormfront.org.

I've been addressing Islamic EXTREMISM, and the extreme element of Islam like Shari'a, organizations like Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

But you go ahead and make your accusations, if we don't agree we're all racist. I got ya.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hey buddy, I am not supporting the way the radical Muslims live... to tell the truth I don't care. I don't care enough to send my children or give money that was intended to better their lives to help support one bad religion against another. I doubt the Torah is very moderate towards those that want to live differently either. I won't claim that i know this but i do recall the word gentile being used to describe those that are not one of them. Racist, extremest hatred, based on some stupid book.

I'm Canadian so even though it is the US that calls it self Israels greatest supporter, we often get drug down the road with it. Why are we even involved, who are you or who is Glen Beck? why would anybody there care what you think unless you were going to give them money and guns to force what they think on others around them.

Leave them ALL alone, let them fight it out with their own resources. It is like school boys fightng in the yard, what good does it do to go get someone bigger to fight your fight for you. You come out looking bad and anybody that helps you comes out looking like an ass.

I'm willing to bet based on the cunning history or Israel that all this protest they have antagonizing for so long was planned from the beginning, now all they need is a few more protesters getting shot, and the US can step in to promote FREEDOM to the people, but in reality all it will be is a takeover of every middle eastern government, except Israels of coarse because they play so nice with Palestinians, and then install governments friendly to western ideologies and for all intents and purposes Israel.

Bottom line, if Israel had any spine they would fight their own fight, and admit to having a nuclear arsenal.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by backinblack

You know what dude, I'm not the one that posted a source on "Jews owning all media" from a source that would be right at home at Stormfront.org.
I've been addressing Islamic EXTREMISM, and the extreme element of Islam like Shari'a, organizations like Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.
But you go ahead and make your accusations, if we don't agree we're all racist. I got ya.

You know what DUDE, I merely posted the first of many sites to prove my point and then offered to post others if that particular one offended you..
Now you just carry on with whatever crap you wish...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
US standing up to its masters - the UN? As it did in the Iraqi invasion and condemn thousands of lives on both sides to death?

Palestinians or Philistines, they are humans, and bonded by an encompassing religion Islam is. Everyone of them, be they of african roots or european heritage, upon coversion to the Islamic faith, of faithfullness on their own free will to adhere to its precepts, are muslims and equal to every muslim around the world.

Every religion produces its radical groups. Isn't the KKK a christian group? Isn't the Hindu group in India gov guilty of extremists acts as well? Isn't the zionist group hiding behind the torah another extremist group, committing far worse crimes against humanity, on both allies and foes?

Utimately, to destroy extremism is to destroy its roots. Its roots lays in domination and control of humans' free will. To recognise extremism is to watch yourself being bent to another's will. Humans will always have to decide and to make stands, but we are given the teachings to know what is morally right and wrong, enough to know better when we make a choice.

Which is why extremists are often only a minority in any society, and with good men, they can be eradicated if the willpower is there. Extremists offers nothing, no alleviation or elevation/progress of life, except hurt and pain, and those are not traits any human would seek for. It would not have the support of the majority. Thus there is NO NEED to use EXTREMISM of ANY religion, to induce fear or fear mongering in decent humanity's minds. We are not that stupid, anymore.
edit on 20-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Cosmic4life

Nothing will satisfy you.

Quit dealing in ifs.

Second, there are extremists in Gaza who hide behind the general populace.

Try Google.

Oh so it's ok to punish everyone in Gaza.

There are extremists in Israel too, what shall we do?

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Israel did not wipe Palestine off the map...well not yet anyway!!

Work in progress that one.

Settlement by settlement, have you seen the 1967 border? have you compared it to today's border.

Cosmic...
edit on 20-2-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

No the British did for them.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sorry i made it sound like Israel was established by those that fought for it... my bad, it was established by those that didn't even realize what they were fighting for, the cowards that got it didn't do a thing at that point.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

You are wrong again. Palestine was still there. It has never been wiped of the map.

Were do the Palestinians live?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

You are wrong again. Palestine was still there. It has never been wiped of the map.

Umm in what's left of there land which is now nothing but a large prison??

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Since the 1948 declaration of the State of Israel, it may be viewed as anti-zionist to use the term Palestine to refer to the wider historical region which includes modern Israel. Today, the term Palestine is also used to refer to either the Palestinian territories or the State of Palestine.

en.wikipedia.org...

They have a territory inside the recognized Nation of Israel

edit on 20-2-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Educate Yourself

ANd please debate the facts presented, not the source. Thanks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join