It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
So the US won't mind if Mexicans start building Villas in Nevada.

Cosmic...

They already build villas in Nevada.

On a more serious note, if we end up having regional supranational unions and eventually a global union, none of this matters anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
The question is, Can the Jews hold onto Israel(Palestine) for another 400 years like the Ottoman Turks? Especially Israel is surrounded by 100 million hostile Arabs.

The new nation of Israel did not win its statehood by warfare. It was granted independence after WW2 when great and noble leaders of the world whom saw the horrors of global war decided on behalf of a decimated mankind to come together to end wars and conquests of colonialism.

More so for Israel when the moral reprehension was shown to a sleeping world, of unarmed men women and children were systematically murdered to the tune of 6 million for not crimes of their own, but crimes committed by a greedy minority of them whom made used of ethnicity and religion, hide behind it and hated for centuries by others for it, so much so the entire ethnic group was blamed for it.

The ME was a historical land, where our current civilisation sprang from. Neither the Ottoman Turks or the English had a right of ownership to those land in the first place, just as they had no rights to own China or Asia. It was only morally right to return that historical site to its claimants - the arabs and jews, but to be share amongst them as agreed upon by majority of nations then in the once noble institution called the UN right after the global war.

The arabs, even though long had no issues with the jews during the rule of the invaders, but instigated by others through fears after WW2, chosed not to share, and with their pathetic war methods and equipment went to fight against an Israel supported by the world and the military might that US was, and lost.

By right of conquest, those additional lands beyond the borders of the declared land of Israel belongs to Israel. But 'right of conquest' no longer holds in our modern civilisation. To agree that it holds would mean a repudiation of the UN charter, and whomever is the strongest in military might OR guerilla warfare has the right to murder, loot and occupy his neigbours land, subjecting mankind yet again to the mistakes and horrors of war!

If Imperial England, Spain and France could do the morally right thing to return lands won by conquest to its people, why not the state of Israel, which was created out of the goodwill and support of majority of mankind? With such goodwill and support, it will last another 400 years and more, as long as mankind denounces violence and wars as achievements to be sought for.

But if it imperially conducts its zionist policy of conquest, it will only be a matter of time be destroyed, NOT by muslims, but by mankind whom only seeks to be free to pursue common aspirations in life we humans share - arabs, jews, christians, black, white, male, female, etc, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

www.bbc.co.uk

The US has vetoed an Arab resolution at the UN Security Council condemning Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories as an obstacle to peace. All 14 other members of the Security Council backed the resolution, which had been endorsed by the Palestine Liberation Organisation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-2-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

Keep On Messing With Israel This Country And Others Are Going To See The Hand Of God Like Never Before.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix757

Keep On Messing With Israel This Country And Others Are Going To See The Hand Of God Like Never Before.

God has nothing to do with it..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by coolieno99
The question is, Can the Jews hold onto Israel(Palestine) for another 400 years like the Ottoman Turks? Especially Israel is surrounded by 100 million hostile Arabs.

The new nation of Israel did not win its statehood by warfare. It was granted independence after WW2 when great and noble leaders of the world whom saw the horrors of global war decided on behalf of a decimated mankind to come together to end wars and conquests of colonialism.

More so for Israel when the moral reprehension was shown to a sleeping world, of unarmed men women and children were systematically murdered to the tune of 6 million for not crimes of their own, but crimes committed by a greedy minority of them whom made used of ethnicity and religion, hide behind it and hated for centuries by others for it, so much so the entire ethnic group was blamed for it.

The ME was a historical land, where our current civilisation sprang from. Neither the Ottoman Turks or the English had a right of ownership to those land in the first place, just as they had no rights to own China or Asia. It was only morally right to return that historical site to its claimants - the arabs and jews, but to be share amongst them as agreed upon by majority of nations then in the once noble institution called the UN right after the global war.

The arabs, even though long had no issues with the jews during the rule of the invaders, but instigated by others through fears after WW2, chosed not to share, and with their pathetic war methods and equipment went to fight against an Israel supported by the world and the military might that US was, and lost.

By right of conquest, those additional lands beyond the borders of the declared land of Israel belongs to Israel. But 'right of conquest' no longer holds in our modern civilisation. To agree that it holds would mean a repudiation of the UN charter, and whomever is the strongest in military might OR guerilla warfare has the right to murder, loot and occupy his neigbours land, subjecting mankind yet again to the mistakes and horrors of war!

If Imperial England, Spain and France could do the morally right thing to return lands won by conquest to its people, why not the state of Israel, which was created out of the goodwill and support of majority of mankind? With such goodwill and support, it will last another 400 years and more, as long as mankind denounces violence and wars as achievements to be sought for.

But if it imperially conducts its zionist policy of conquest, it will only be a matter of time be destroyed, NOT by muslims, but by mankind whom only seeks to be free to pursue common aspirations in life we humans share - arabs, jews, christians, black, white, male, female, etc, etc.

ya right buddy... 50,000,000 people died in WW2 none of them wanted to go, they were ALL marched agianst their will by very elaborate systems way more sophisticated than anything the NAZI's came up with.

Can an Israeli supporter go 5 minutes of defending its position without bringing up that scam? pathetic

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by matrix757

God has nothing to do with it..

For those who are seeking religion as a way out for the issue, then the Almighty has EVERYTHING to do with it. We are children of our Creator, who is known by many names and forms, muslims, jews, christians, buddhists, hindus, atheists, americans, zulus, etc

In His likeness were we all created, and He lives inside us all, if we but call upon Him and acknowledge Him, chosen or not. We children may fight, as ignorant children would, but we must not kill or harm. Our waywardedness had gone on long enough. It is time we grow up, and fulfill our destiny, as one race.
edit on 19-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

The USS Liberty was a string of communication and identification errors made in the heat of battle. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens now and then, a blue on blue.

You kidding? They knew who they were shooting at for sure dude.

Wikipedia:

A communication to the Israeli Ambassador on June 10, by Secretary Rusk stated, among other things: “At the time of the attack, the USS Liberty was flying the American flag and its identification was clearly indicated in large white letters and numerals on its hull. … Experience demonstrates that both the flag and the identification number of the vessel were readily visible from the air…. Accordingly, there is every reason to believe that that the USS Liberty was identified, or at least her nationality determined, by Israeli aircraft approximately one hour before the attack. … The subsequent attack by the torpedo boats, substantially after the vessel was or should have been identified by Israeli military forces, manifests the same reckless disregard for human life

I've been shot at by my own side and know just how easy it can happen.

Maybe you should change sides

The land is Israeli land, and if they want to build on it, let someone stop them.

.....They seized most this land in the 6 day war and when people do try stopping them through military action (the very same actions that Israel took to occupy these lands), they're labelled as 'terrorists' and 'extremists' whilst Israel gets away with blowing Gaza and Beirut to pieces, using illegal weapons and techniques.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

You misunderstand the position of forum moderators.

They are allowed to voice their opinions. Being moderator does not mean that one must take a neutral position on anything and everything.

They are around to make sure people follow the rules. They are the police of the forums.

Chill with the personal attacks

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

How is it remotely fair that a staff member can engage in opinion based debates with the ability to erase posts and give warnings? When staff here start pushing their opinions about debates as heated those concerning the middle east then i would say that is ill advised or part of an agenda.

DOES ATS HATE MUSLIMS?????? that is what is becoming the issue here. Point me to one staff member here that would question the holocaust or demand the re-construction of Palestine?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

How is it remotely fair that a staff member can engage in opinion based debates with the ability to erase posts and give warnings? When staff here start pushing their opinions about debates as heated those concerning the middle east then i would say that is ill advised or part of an agenda.

DOES ATS HATE MUSLIMS?????? that is what is becoming the issue here. Point me to one staff member here that would question the holocaust or demand the re-construction of Palestine?

If you bothered to check you would find that a Mod posting in a thread can NOT Moderate in that thread..
But they are entitled to an opinion, even if I don't agree with it....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Ok. I must address this:

1. I have not removed ONE post in this entire discussion. Member posts that have been removed were not removed by me, and were removed for not addressing the topic.

2. I am a MEMBER of this site. I don't get paid to be a moderator. And we do NOT moderate threads we participate in.

3. PLEASE address the topic. I would be happy to have a CIVIL conversation with you as I have done with others in this thread.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

this is BULL we cannot let a small piece of # country bring the whole world down what is wrong with everyone damn like israel has ANYTHING everything they get they IMPORT becuase they have nothing leave this pos country behind they cause nothing but problems

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ENOUGH

There will be no more of this pointless bickering and sniping. Discuss the topic NOT each other. As a point moderators are members first and as such are entitled like any other member to post their thoughts and feelings. As project has pointed out we do not moderate in threads we are participating in.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
our forefathers warned us to never get involved with rogue states or far nations...they didnt say it for nothing they said it for a reason israel is a pos and needs to be liberated

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Ok. I must address this:

1. I have not removed ONE post in this entire discussion. Member posts that have been removed were not removed by me, and were removed for not addressing the topic.

2. I am a MEMBER of this site. I don't get paid to be a moderator. And we do NOT moderate threads we participate in.

3. PLEASE address the topic. I would be happy to have a CIVIL conversation with you as I have done with others in this thread.

I'm sorry

Do you like Muslims? What opinions would people from other countries have against westerners if they were to base everything they knew on Blackwater? That lady in that video you posted had her sad story... a lot of people do.

I think it is great that Israel constantly accuses it's neighbors of wanting it wiped off the map, when that is EXACTLY what they did with Palestine. The SIN of SPIN is not lost on Israel is it? It's got you toeing the line. Right? Right?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Mr. Tom I am very well versed in the Wahabis and Mahdi worshipping Islamic extremists. I also recognize who the moderates are and ARE NOT.

Moderates reject Shari'a Law, moderates reject stoning women who have been raped for "adultery", moderates reject the notion that apostasy should be punished by death.

Now to back up some of my claims here:

1 Death for Apostasy

2 Stoning or death for rape/Child Rape-Marriage/Death through rape
Nothing ever happens to the men.

3 Most of Islamic world wants Shari'a Law

What real moderates sound like:
From American Islamic Forum for Democracy

I do not hate Muslims.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I do not hate Muslims.

Sorry but I don't believe that judging by your posts..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by backinblack

Hamas, an MB created organization that wishes only the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people, are the enemy Israel faces.

You seem to think that these poor little Arabs are just being bullied around, when in fact, you don't understand Islamic extremism in the slightest.

Well if Hamas didn't exist Zion would have to create it.

No Hamas = No reason to invade and seize land.

As for your second sentence, i find your language quite shocking, hateful even.

Why don't you go the whole hog and just call them Untermenschen.

I don't think the people of Gazza, under siege and suffering collective punishment are Islamic extremist's.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can tell ya'll got nothing left but to call me a Muslim hater.

I'm done here. Have fun flaming Israel.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join