It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* - Massacre in Bahrain; Hospitals full; Docotor urges world to help...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by stephinrazin

Pray for the soldiers of Bahrain. Forgive them in your heart.

This is one of those things modern Christians have way wrong. It is not your right or your place to forgive others for acts they do not do unto you, e.g. Bob can ONLY forgive someone who has wronged Bob. The rest is up to God, at least according to Christian doctrine. It is sort of a "how dare you" kind of thing and the ultimate in arrogance towards the victim, who is the sole human with the power to forgive his perpetrator. I remember this happening with the Columbine massacre, when the other kids had a big prayer service where they "forgave" the murderers. I thought then, who the hell are they to forgive those boys, the victims are dead and don't have the opportunity to forgive, thus is was doctrinarily only in God's hands. It only added insult to the families of the victims.
edit on 19-2-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

I am not Christian, and I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

Forgiveness is not limited to those who are the victims. It is removing anger and bitterness in YOUR heart for the injustices other commit. If you see the evil others do, and let that darkness poison your soul you have become a part of the situation. You are spreading fear and hate by your reliving the unjust action of another. You forgiving them is not disrespect to the victim. It is cleansing the spread of darkness by replacing it with love. I forgive the person for the harm they have done to all humanity, and the negative energy they have created.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There would need to be a high percentage of borderline psychopaths in the military, facing orders of court marshal or even threats of being shot, then a military trained person just reacts to orders.

Due to the nature of the Military, it does attract borderline psychos. The US Military is no different. It is a human nature thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Unbelievable that piece full protesting will have to cost so many innocent peoples live. I knew It the new peaceful revolutionists will prevail and they cant stop them..this is an ongoing thing and its probably unstoppable the awareness of people maybe brightened ?

My thoughts are with them!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Totally ridiculous, you can't just fire at protesters to repress them while they didn't do any aggressive or violent acts ...

In my opinion it could end in a blood bath. That's sad but if the authorities want to use violence protesters will someday use it against their initial aggressor. Everything duplicates, violence generates violence it's not new in 2011. Be careful altough I DON'T wish to have things going on that way but with how it is happening there is a chance it will happen, wanting it or not.

Fighting for something is good, when that something is a cause, it is better and this cause being democracy it's honorable to see people standing in the way of corruption and avarice.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What kind of a monster would want to hurt such innocent people!
This video gave me goosebumps, because its so disturbing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The people can't afford their governments anymore. This is a foreshadowing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vt.), chairman of a Senate panel that oversees foreign aid, has asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review whether units of the Bahrain's security forces used lethal force against civilians in violation of U.S. law, a finding that could prompt the U.S. to freeze assistance to those units. The law, known as the Leahy Amendment, requires the U.S. to cut off aid to foreign security forces that are found to have committed gross human rights violations, and could provide a point of leverage for the Obama administration.

Bahrain is rich, they dont need "foreign aid". Hillary is missing her chance to rise to the occassion.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So, i will ask the burning question.
Who will step in?
Will it be this "Muslim Brotherhood? They seem to be the new focus point. Al Quaeda, Viet Cong Etc.
Or the US? evil warmongerers.
If the Muslim bros. step in then they will be forcing everyoone into sharia law Etc.
If the evil US steps in they will rape the natural resources.
Truly if these people want peace, and i mean true peace. they need to stand up themselves as any other avenue will most certainly lead to slavery.
Some hear this mans call for help and feel empathy, just like a 911 call. The police ain't gonna be there in time, you better take your own steps to insure your life.
Sad but it is true.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Bahrain is rich because that is where the USN parks their boats.
The yacht club of a sorts.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is disgusting. I just saw a video of those protesting shot and killed. THis is a disgrace to humanity. I saw we start marching our streets in protest of Bahrain Military!
edit on 2/19/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Checking whether foreign-aid to Bahrain, which is one of the most oil-rich countries in the world should be "frozen" is just stupid. Thats not going to scare them. I wonder which Planet Clinton lives on. The mass-broadcast of peaceful protestors being randomly shot will be enough to seriously discredit the regime in the entire region.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where is the United Nations in all of this? I do not hear anything from Ban Ki-moon condemning such brutal actions. I guess the people of Bahrain are fed up with b.s. from the Al Khalifa rule. For some reason, what has happened in the middle east (especially in Egypt and Tunisia) is part what the rulers in Seborga want. It is a grand game of chess.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

thats bull#, there gonna piss them off to no ends all ur guns wont save u government when thousands mob them and take their guns from them

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hey, don't worry because help is already there!

The Government of Bahrain has a cooperative agreement with the United States Military and has provided the United States a base in Juffair since the early 1990s. This is the home of the headquarters for Commander, United States Naval Forces Central Command (COMUSNAVCENT) / United States Fifth Fleet (COMFIFTHFLT), and about 1500 United States and coalition military personnel.

Bahrain

So if America decides to go help, it will only take like 5min to show up.
Because we are already there!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This has left me speechless... we could see the tension developing in Egypt, and now the brainwashed soldiers and politicians have taken it a step too far.
I hope these brave people don't give up, the protest is obviously dangerous but it's better than letting the NWO take control anyday.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm sure they would fire on us if they are stupid, how many people would that piss off if it happened in usa and how many civilans have firearms i dont think there would be massacres in america people wouldnt allow it they would fight back and the government knows it so they would use more tactic things like blowing up their own port for another war and declaring martial law

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It looks like this is a start of some kind of revolution.....

Its so disturbing turning on CNN and i havent heard ONE word about this whole incident...why?
edit on 2/19/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So let me get this straight... America should help Bahrain with what? Putting boots and armor on their soil? Why not France or Germany? Is it so America can take the blame of screwing things up there like Iraq and Afghanistan?

People say America needs to stop policing the world but yet now we're expected to help? I guess someone needs to do it...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The difference between this and normal protests are that these are against the governments that have oppressed their people, who are waking up and are young and modern minded which is the opposite of the culture they live in, modern times have caught up, the internet and travel have shown them truths they were never allowed, those who never agreed ended up elsewhere anyway.

You see now the world does not say it's a pity they never knew the Koran and Sharia law because it has opened their eyes, they are now saying it’s a pity they never had our freedoms. I'm sorry to say but it’s been Arab vs Arabs vs other minorities they never have been happy and the exposure to the world has now shown the true human nature of wanting to just be treated equal between each other, their pasts have only driven minorities out they never got that chance to speak up.

When people protest in the West even London, people break stuff and set fire here and there but you never hear of dozens being killed even if the UK police are crap anyway they don't end protests with lots of people killed. People know that the more police turn up the worse the protests become as they wind the crowds up but in this case it seems not only Bahrain but all these countries involved are having people killed by authorities, we saw what happened in Iran with their protests this is no different.

(Should America Help? Every time they do help they get accused of interfering so I say no, if they want America's help let them say it on national TV by someone important otherwise let them evolve out of this situation, survival of the fittest, call it science, well I prefer a religious point of view help they neighbour, can't win them all can we?) (sarc)

They protested in London about the Iraq war against the government and no one was killed by authorities but they could have been if things were different. Then again people are killed in the Middle East if someone says they might burn the Koran so it could be in their nature for being more fanatical and that is no secret.

The worst riots I saw from the USA back in 1992, but that was against the Police but the violence it was taken out on society itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1992 Los Angeles Riots, also known as the 1992 Los Angeles Civil Unrest and Rodney King Uprising, were sparked on April 29, 1992, when a jury acquitted four white Los Angeles Police Department officers accused in the videotaped beating of black motorist Rodney King following a high-speed pursuit. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict. Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred, and property damages topped roughly US$1 billion. In all, 53 people died during the riots and thousands more were injured.

edit on 19-2-2011 by The time lord because: Added Reason

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If you look at the overall situation, overall it's going in a very good direction for the middle east. We had Egypt prove that peaceful protesting CAN work, and now we have Bahrain showing that sometimes corruption is so strong it possibly cannot be effective.

And that's when the citizens can strike back and show them that it IS the people's country, and they own the government.

Reuters has a new article posted today that gives an update on the situation. It's only gotten more intense. They have been able to return back to the square they originally gathered to create a HQ of sorts with medical aid and increasing amounts protesting. Much to the chagrin of the local police and military forces... But reuters goes over that more in depth. I created a new thread in Current Events for it as it contains a more direct relation of topics for discussion rather than the broad subject of the entire uprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join