It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* - Massacre in Bahrain; Hospitals full; Docotor urges world to help...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

U.S. President Barack Obama condemned the use of violence against the protesters in Bahrain..

yeah ok..."condemn" it....big deal, the man's a liar, his word is caca.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Yes but why didn't he "Strongly Condemn" it????
He must be getting soft.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have a very strong intuition that the numbers coming out do not come close to the real ones, that and feel strongly about the casualties who are being targeted.

I just do not know, these are decent people not terrorists, they are peacefully in need of change and the only thing they are getting is horrible beyond belief.

When they ask for the US to come help, I worry about that, when they call on the EU to come help, I worry. Do they actually think that ANY military is really separate anymore or able to call their own shots? I wish it were that simple, but each and every soldier who has fired on peaceful protesters needs to be held on criminal charges asap.

I am sorry. So very sorry.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vt.), chairman of a Senate panel that oversees foreign aid, has asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review whether units of the Bahrain's security forces used lethal force against civilians in violation of U.S. law, a finding that could prompt the U.S. to freeze assistance to those units. The law, known as the Leahy Amendment, requires the U.S. to cut off aid to foreign security forces that are found to have committed gross human rights violations, and could provide a point of leverage for the Obama administration.

online.wsj.com...
" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
online.wsj.com...

Is a review really necessary?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The shot heard around the world:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Oh it can and it will. We are being well taught to hate each other. FOX News is as we speak preaching hate. Beck tells millions of Americans daily that their neighbors are secretly plotting to destroy freedom. Many of you listen. many of you believe. Don't think it can happen here? It has happened here and was called the Civil War -- that was only the bloodiest brother on brother war in the modern history of the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

We have an major strategic naval presence there. Our government won't say boo. The King can murder 1/2 the population and we won't do anything, even more so because these are Shia Arabs being murdered. In fact, since they are Shia, many Republicans will be happy about this privately since they believe all Shia are radical (Persians are predominantly Shia and you know how much love the Right has for Iranians).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

People, look on a map. See where Bahrain is. It is the most U.S. friendly Arab state and serves as our home away from home for our Gulf fleet. If we lose this port, we have no ready logistical heart to defend our dependence on Persian Gulf oil. That's the sad truth and we'll tolerate most any atrocity to maintain that port.

We love our oil more than the lives of any repressed people, including ourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Thank God the Egyptian army would not fire on its own citizens. If the time comes in America, I think our citizen - soldiers won't either.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Excuse me, what is Docotor?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding repetitive these actions committed by a government towards its people is down right deplorable. I am honestly surprised that the people of Bahrain have not already formulated a much more violent uprising. If the army/government is willing to mercilessly kill peaceful protesters or even open fire to injure them then that government is in complete dereliction of their duty. This is regardless of whether its a dictatorship or not. Government has power because the people give them that power. Bahrain's leaders will know when their time is up.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Citizens will have to arm themselves and fire back or go home.

In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 179 countries, Bahrain ranks at No. 18

Link
edit on 18-2-2011 by HoldTheBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Thank God the Egyptian army would not fire on its own citizens. If the time comes in America, I think our citizen - soldiers won't either.

I hope you are correct. If it is a mass peaceful demonstration like Egypt I do not believe our soldiers would fire on the people. I pray mass tea party like crowds strike in cities until grievances are addressed. Sadly this is highly unlikely.
*Warning:Truth Do not read if you think everything is OK, or you are in a good mood.**

The situation in the US that is more likely is after the dollar collapses people will start to go hungry. Hyper inflation will set in. Grocery stores will empty. Social Security, and welfare will be unable to keep up with inflation. People will start to get mad. Large crowds will form in major cities. Who can watch their children go hungry without lashing out? Looting, random violence, and the deterioration of all services will follow. The national guard will be put on the streets. Soon though they will be unable to quell the desperate people.

Fear will drive us into military rule. Martial law will be instituted to restore order. None of the economic or political problems will be remedied. Only now it will be impossible for any movement to form to try to fix our issues. Once the normalization begins it is all but lost. People will not only let our military massacre crowds, but they will beg for them to do it. Soon after guns will be confiscated, and security of the country will require all types of new controls.

A revolt of a small group of militia, constitutionalists, intellectuals, students, unions, and activists might happen. It will be short lived. The Homeland security apparatus has already been instituted to monitor dissent, and later will seek out all dissent. A false flag attack will be blamed on the few who realize that the only hope is armed revolt. It will be put down efficiently, and all those who are deemed unfit will be put against a wall.

The time line for such events is unclear. It could take 10 years from dollar collapse to normalization, or it could be six months. Once the dollar collapses it will speed up though. I am not saying this to make people afraid, but that they should not have their consciousness shattered. You must accept that things may change rapidly and on a tremendous scale.

This may sound strange, but it is all ok. We are beings in a physical body. Our world has reached a peak. The collective consciousness has reached a boiling point. We can raise ourselves above selfish ends, and detachment from our fellow beings. Or not. If we do not this world will end as it has countless times before. It will end, and then begin again. We will change clothes so to speak, and give it all a try again.

No matter how crazy the world seems, and how much you feel like something must be done it all begins with you. Love. Raise your consciousness, and it will influence others. It is the only chance we have. Do not let the woes of the world drag you down. Reach out to a stranger, and forgive those who do harm to this world.

Pray for the soldiers of Bahrain. Forgive them in your heart.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
Pray for the soldiers of Bahrain. Forgive them in your heart.

Never. There is ALWAYS a choice. They could have chosen not to kill. They will receive what they gave, in this life, or the next.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well said.
I wish I could have come anywhere close to laying it all out like that.
The way you laid it out seems so plausable. Almost......TOO plausable.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
From lots of articles I've read and twitter, it doesn't even seem like these police and military are locals. They got them from Saudi Arabia. This way its not like shooting your neighbor. Kinda sick. I'd blow up the bridge from saudi if I was a protester

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Never. There is ALWAYS a choice. They could have chosen not to kill. They will receive what they gave, in this life, or the next.

Yes, there is always a choice. That is the crux of this reality. There are consequences for choices we make. Whatever karma, or energy someone brings on themselves is theirs. They will have to face those decisions, and hopefully learn from them.

Me hating, fearing, or growing bitter over the actions of others makes it my problem. I can only choose to live my life according to how I feel is best. Love is the only place that I can live from. I make a choice to forgive them for their actions because they did it in ignorance that they are part of a reality we all share. Holding anger in my heart only gives power to the dark side of humanity, and no matter how justified I feel I am in being upset it still harms the totality when I let that anger live inside me.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well said my friend. Pray for all involved and never let the harsh actions of others harden your heart that you would become the aggressor. There is no greater travesty than succumbing to the actions you know yourself are wrong.

There is always hope, and there is always love.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 18-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
None of our business.

And I don't want anyone overseas sticking their nose in our business down the road.

Cuts both ways.

And for the person who suggested that this firing on civilians may possibly happen here in the US, it won't happen but once.

Because after the first time, everyone will return home and get their own firearms, many just as good as those of the military.

Come to think of it, many civilians who were formerly military.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
And for the person who suggested that this firing on civilians may possibly happen here in the US, it won't happen but once.

Kent State

Ruby Ridge

Waco Texas

Once more??

It is better to leave the guns out of the equation. Fire against fire burns up the whole damned village.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join