It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* - Massacre in Bahrain; Hospitals full; Docotor urges world to help...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Good question. I don't know the answer to that one.

I dont think anybody else has sufficient influence to matter.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Annee

Good question. I don't know the answer to that one.

I dont think anybody else has sufficient influence to matter.

Revolutions are some of the most deadly wars.

There is a difference between could and should. In these modern times - - - world pressure (even if minus those who have major presence) SHOULD interfere - - at least when the army massacres its own people.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What sad times we live in...
That has really hit a nerve, what has this world come to...? I really do wish I could do something to help..yet im helpless. I would agree with what some of you have said murder is wrong, no matter what the circumstances ...

I really do hope there is a change, a peaceful change. I am sick of this b*llsh1t. Seriously, firing on your own people? I do hope they get what is coming to them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
What sad times we live in...
That has really hit a nerve, what has this world come to...?

Are these times really any worse then the past?

I don't know about you - - but in the 50s - - our government put the fear of communism on us. I think the Cold War was probably more frightening to me - - then the real war.

Duck and cover - - - and building bomb shelters.

It really played on the mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Personally i think its all part of the bigger N.W.O plan recently in Iraq and Afghanistan the west has seen much protest by forcing democracy on the world, however if you create the problem from within and make it look like they want democracy without it being forced you acheive the same goal and no-one objects.
Egypt was first now all other eastern countries will follow suit wanting the illusion of democracy and not a more dictatorship, i beleive they are sleeper cells of young 'students' who despite being foreign all speak perfect english and holding up protest signs written in english too.
One by one they will revolt i think the last nation to fall to this will be north korea, this looks like preparation for next years mayan calander climax all the nations will be easier to unite once they are all democracies.
Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I wasn't around back then but I understand where you are coming from.
2nd line.
edit on 19/2/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Looks like the army is at least no longer out on the streets. The articles do say that the President will be investigating the shootings and people will be held accountable. Time will only tell, but if I were the people, I surely demand answers now.

Protesters in Bahrain retake landmark CNN article.

Bahrain unrest: Protestors enter smybolic Pearl Sqare BBC article.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think of myself as a very peaceful person and I can count the times I've picked up and fired a weapon on ONE HAND. But if I was one of those protesters and it was either the oppressors or me I'm going to try my damnedest to make sure it's them!

If a state is THAT oppressive then a revolution must surely be justified.

Respect,

AS

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just heard from Bahrain that it was not just the reglular army who shot all these people in Bahrain.

Apparently, even more Sunni mercenaries has been flown in to Bahrain from all over the Middle East since the protests in Bahrain started.

Bahrain's royal family has long relied on Sunni mercenaries from countries such as Syria, Jordan, Yemen and Pakistan to staff Bahrain's army, police and security service. They serve in its security forces in exchange for citizenship and well-paid employment there.

The majority of Bahrain's Muslim population are Shiites, the power remains in the hands of the Sunni royal family and their hired foreign mercenaries though!

(66% Sunni and 33% Shia)

In 2010, Bahrain's population grew to 1.234 million, out of which more than 666,172 (54%) were non-nationals

en.wikipedia.org...

It could be interesting to keep an eye on Iran in the coming days for any official statements and public reactions regarding this, since Shiites now are getting slaughtered in Pearl Square and in the streets of Manama by Sunni foreign mercenaries.

Perhaps this could eventually spill over to Iraq because of the fragile situation between Sunni and Shia there?

This is a potential powder keg situation for the whole ME.

OTOH! Divide et impera - Cui bono?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Now I am confused...

Crowds had approached Pearl Square in the capital of Bahrain from different directions.

They stood facing riot police for half an hour.

All of a sudden police ran to their buses and retreated.

The protesters, cheering and waving flags, ran to the centre of the traffic circle, reoccupying it even before all the police had left.

The crowd waved the fleeing policemen through. Police vehicles drove over pavements in their haste to get out.

From the Telegraph

Yesterday, the Police was shooting peaceful crowds in cold blood, killing several people, and now they are just.... withdrawing?

Not that it's no good, the ongoing massacre was very disturbing and got me really pissed off... but this is just odd.

Perhaps they fleed out of an overwhelming number of protesters, or perhaps there is something going on at the upper levels...

Does somebody has more details which could help understanding this?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Now I am confused...

Crowds had approached Pearl Square in the capital of Bahrain from different directions.

They stood facing riot police for half an hour.

All of a sudden police ran to their buses and retreated.

The protesters, cheering and waving flags, ran to the centre of the traffic circle, reoccupying it even before all the police had left.

The crowd waved the fleeing policemen through. Police vehicles drove over pavements in their haste to get out.

From the Telegraph

Yesterday, the Police was shooting peaceful crowds in cold blood, killing several people, and now they are just.... withdrawing?

Not that it's no good, the ongoing massacre was very disturbing and got me really pissed off... but this is just odd.

Perhaps they fleed out of an overwhelming number of protesters, or perhaps there is something going on at the upper levels...

Does somebody has more details which could help understanding this?

There are two ways you can take this:

1: The police were told to withdraw and let the protests continue peacefully without further incident.

2: The police are falling back to let another force in (probably military) to continue to deal with the protesters.

That's what I take from what you've posted.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

It seems the Bahrain, Algerian, Syrian, and Libyan military have none of the restraint of the Egyptian. What a shame. People killing people.
edit on 18-2-2011 by stephinrazin because:
(no reason given)

Just to clear one thing up:

In Libya there two armies.. one is the National Army, which usually are based in tribal territories. Thus far the Tribal based national army has refused to fire on protesters and are acting like Egypts Army. The reason is, if they shoot.. they are literally killing their families.

This Army is used in the Eastern part of Libya.

In the Capitol and West another army is used, called the African Army.. this is "imported" African Mercs from all over the continent hired to protect government interest. Its this army that's murdering. The 35 people killed tried to ambush a staging point for an African unit, who opened fire on the crowd of unarmed people.

Ghadaffi (sp?) Is a weird, weird guy...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Almost speechless - the vid is a dire call for help.

What can be done - can anyone do anything to save these people?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
so !#¤% sad to see them get shot down because of old rich douches wanna protect there "castle" ..
or whatever the reason are its BS, this isnt the world i was expecting when i got !#¤%& born here ..

They need help from the world, but tptb wont let that happen ofc, money is God! and our leaders are laughing at us.
its stupid that this isn`t on the news 24/7 so ppl can see wtf its happening on this messed up planet. 24/7 !

what can`t we do...
edit on 19-2-2011 by MrAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Almost speechless - the vid is a dire call for help.

What can be done - can anyone do anything to save these people?

No nothing can be done. I feel bad for Obama, one ME country that was an ally having issues is one thing.. having 2 in 2 months?

We prop up the Sunni minority King on the island in exchange for a massive base, which we are expanding.. the Shia have tried to get us kicked off the island entirely.

We have to try and downplay a murderous Monarch, remain diplomatic, encourage democracy, yet keep an ally.. in order to save our largest naval base over seas?

Our entire 5th fleet is housed there, and the island serves as r&r for soldiers.

Imo, we will say things like "y'all play nice now!" And some finger wagging from the big O .. then we will try and pretend its not happening, try and focus elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is shameful! I am completely horrified at those videos. Please please please write to your MP's and demand that your country speaks up against this barbaric behaviour. Its our duty as human beings to support eachother in times of need.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

i think every leader are in control of this mess, they dont wanna do #.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
And notice Prune face Clinton is not saying a thing about this. Unlike Egypt.

Well they created a monster,

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ba#tards!! The governments of the world kill their own people who gave them power to govern over them!! They are so full of themselves with so much self preservation and fear of losing power over their perceived insignificant citizens. They declare war on their own people, while they sit protected by their "military bodyguards." There's a special place in hell for these people who declare war on the human race. The military is just as responsible as their handlers. Do they not have any compassion for their own people? Are they so weak minded that they are so easily programmed to take orders without any moral thought? The military is there to protect it's citizens not the ruling elite!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join