It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proof That God Exists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It would seem that there are quite a few people looking to the magical answer of how to prove that God exists. The only reason people have a hard time proving that God exists is because what God is continues to be distorted. I will clarify the matter in this thread.

First, what is God?

God is a word, nothing more. If you want to see >>>>GOD

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As an atheist I found this to be a rather interesting point of view. What it all boils down to is semantics... God didn't create the universe... God IS the universe.

However one of the arguments I can see coming from the theist side of this that they see God as a spiritual entity that can be communicated with through prayers. A being whom can in turn cause/create "divine" events and miracles sometimes thought to be answers to said prayers.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
As an atheist I found this to be a rather interesting point of view. What it all boils down to is semantics... God didn't create the universe... God IS the universe.

However one of the arguments I can see coming from the theist side of this that they see God as a spiritual entity that can be communicated with through prayers. A being whom can in turn cause/create "divine" events and miracles sometimes thought to be answers to said prayers.

You can communicate with God and you do not need to be a theist to do so. Everything ANYONE asks of God, and they believe they will receive, it is granted.

Can an atheist pursue a a math problem and find answer without believing the answer is possible? Where does the answer come from to a previously unknown problem? Where is the thought that is the answer born?

It comes from within and is a representation of what is without!

2 apples plus 2 apples = 4 apples. You can see this within your mind, and it is proven in the physical world outside the mind. How are they connected? I do not know. What is within, is a representation of what is without.

more practically,

The Amputee argument.

Why doesn't God heal amputees.

HE DOES. God is WITHIN you!

Medical advances are on the verge of reconstructing limbs as we speak. Soon, amputees will be able to regrow limbs or have new ones sewn on. It has already been done. How did God do it? The God inside some Doctor revealed the methods that that Doctor relentlessly pursued and believed was possible.

Hence, God is within you. There are as many unknown to human consciousness as there are in the universe out side that consciousness. If there wasn't, they would be KNOWNS.

What are miracles? Something that defies the laws of physics or something that we cannot explain at present?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That rocks, I love it. There is so much to god that our head would explode if we tried to comprehend it all even for a moment. But in what we do comprehend, god comprehends as we are a part of god. I have never heard of Jesus's two commandment put together like that before, it does make for a wonderful vision of the future. Simple to remember, but difficult for some to learn.

I have been struggling with religion for some time, I thought Jesus was cool but some things where not adding up for me with so many branches of the churches fighting and bickering with each other, they lost the love. Recently I have found a new ideology, scientism - the belief in science. By learning and understanding this world we learn and understand god.

reply to post by Terrormaster

The spiritual realm has been one of the few taboo subjects for science, but more interest and knowledge is building. There is a lot of evidence that something is going on, but as for the actual rules, limitations and influences there is still much to learn and understand. Life can be a strange one at times with what we think and what we need.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I have been struggling with religion for some time, I thought Jesus was cool but some things where not adding up for me with so many branches of the churches fighting and bickering with each other, they lost the love. Recently I have found a new ideology, scientism - the belief in science. By learning and understanding this world we learn and understand god.

The reason why there is so much infighting in the Christian churches is because they are NOT doing what Christ commanded and are instead fighting for control of followers of the church.

The UNIVERSE is Christ's Church, and we are all his disciples if we can put our differences aside and love one another without judgement.

What a world we could build then eh?

We are all Kings and Queens. No one has a right to rule another.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

awesome thread man. that was beautiful. good job. keep em commin.
2nd

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by IAMIAM

awesome thread man. that was beautiful. good job. keep em commin.
2nd

Thanks for the warm regards my friend, but I can't take the credit. I asked for clarity and so I got it.

I am a bit surprised not many have commented though. Perhaps this thread has clarified the raging debate.

Hhhhmmm

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Calling the universe "god" doesn't make it so. It's not a valid argument. I can call the antiseptic cream I have in my first aid kit a 'faerie' but that doesn't mean that I know that a faerie is hiding in my first aid kit.

I'd also like to point out that the universe cannot be omnipotent, as it lacks any abilities inherent to itself. It merely is a label we give to the sum of existence as we know it. It has no will and thus cannot exercise any abilities.

It also doesn't know anything, it merely contains the information. Knowledge is the ability to demonstrate an understanding of information inputs, not the ability to contain information inputs.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

God exists by not existing. There is no beginning or end to god. God is everything and nothing, the everything appearing to the no-thing. This, this, this, this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Calling the universe "god" doesn't make it so. It's not a valid argument. I can call the antiseptic cream I have in my first aid kit a 'faerie' but that doesn't mean that I know that a faerie is hiding in my first aid kit.

The universe has been considered the father of creation for far longer than the word universe has been around. What I have presented is the theological understanding that has been passed down through religion since before recorded history. Most of it has been kept in oral traditions of indigenous tribes and various secret societies. Whether you like it or not, the Universe is God, and always has been God. Religion personified the concept and made it an object of worship as a means of controlling populations. This is something Christ discovered, rebelled against, and was crucified for.

If you wish to call your antiseptic cream a faerie, by all means do so. You are a free man, call things what you will. Perhaps if you expanded your horizons a bit and stopped being trapped in your rigid world view, you just might appreciate this existence a bit more.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet." - Shakespeare

I'd also like to point out that the universe cannot be omnipotent, as it lacks any abilities inherent to itself. It merely is a label we give to the sum of existence as we know it. It has no will and thus cannot exercise any abilities.

Actually, the Universe IS Omnipotent. The word Omnipotent means All Powerful. Is there any other power greater than the power of the universe? Do YOU possess the power to stop a planet in it's tracks? Can YOU pull together the gasses necessary and apply the pressure needed to ignite them into a star? There are forces at work within the universe that you could not possibly comprehend, and since you cannot comprehend them you discount them.

As far as the Universe having a will, of course it does. It functions according to very precise laws of motion. Every single object reacts and interacts with every other object from the smallest to the largest. Not one single thing moves without effecting another. Similarly your will reacts the same way. You are nothing more than the sum total to all you have experienced in life. Every single thing you have ever experienced has had a direct impact on what you will be the next moment of your life and what you will do. Even down to how you reply to this thread is nothing more than the accumulation of all you have experienced. Your idea of free will is an illusion. You have no will. If you have free will, will yourself an inch taller, hover in the air for three minutes on your own will. Your free will is nothing more than the learned behavior of your life experience.

It also doesn't know anything, it merely contains the information. Knowledge is the ability to demonstrate an understanding of information inputs, not the ability to contain information inputs.

Knowledge
knowledge –noun
acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things.
familiarity or conversance, as with a particular subject or branch of learning: A knowledge of accounting was necessary for the job.
acquaintance or familiarity gained by sight, experience, or report: a knowledge of human nature.
the fact or state of knowing; the perception of fact or truth; clear and certain mental apprehension.
awareness, as of a fact or circumstance: He had knowledge of her good fortune.
something that is or may be known; information: He sought knowledge of her activities.
the body of truths or facts accumulated in the course of time.
the sum of what is known: Knowledge of the true situation is limited.

The Universe has knowledge beyond what knowledge Man has discovered about it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That was impressive!! Very well constructed. Poetic and beautiful!!! Are you sure you are talking about.. God of the Bible!? This one sounds so different than the one in the Old testament that was filled with wraith and anger so much of the time and didn't have very much patience with Humanity??? Most of what we know about God is in the Old Testament. (on paper that is) The New Testament is mostly about Jesus.
Explain please.
edit on 19-2-2011 by ellieN because: needed a different word

edit on 19-2-2011 by ellieN because: needed to clarify

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

The Universe has knowledge beyond what knowledge Man has discovered about it.

A nice sentiment, but you have included no proof.

Your ideas about God are similar to Pantheism and Panentheism. ( I also lean towards Pantheism)

But It can be argued that it is little more than a redefinition of the word “God” to mean “Nature,” “Universe”, or “reality”.
That it is an expression of your feelings rather proof of some supernatural power out there.

"God" and "religion" are human concepts, imagined by humans.
Both are intangible, and of no substance.

The universe, on the other hand, is tangible; it is a collection of material things , not a "collection of concepts."

All the best.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
reply to post by IAMIAM

That was impressive!! Very well constructed. Poetic and beautiful!!! Are you sure you are talking about.. God of the Bible!? This one sounds so different than the one in the Old testament that was filled with wraith and anger so much of the time and didn't have very much patience with Humanity??? Most of what we know about God is in the Old Testament. (on paper that is) The New Testament is mostly about Jesus.
Explain please.

The Old Testament should never have been in the Bible IMO. Christ came with a new testament that corrected the many errors that the Hebrews had made about God on their journey. They deviated from what God really is and made him out to be more of a tribal war deity. This is not the characteristics of the creator of ALL. Christ corrected that by simply telling people that God was within them. He was the Son of God, and they were Children of God. God's will is for us to love one another, and to not judge one another. Anything else about God is beyond human understanding. His ways are mysterious and his magnificence boundless.

As Christ said, the truth is simple enough for a child to understand, love one another.

Anything else is mortal speculation.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz
A nice sentiment, but you have included no proof.

Your ideas about God are similar to Pantheism and Panentheism. ( I also lean towards Pantheism)

I don't concern myself with labels my friend. I just say, my views about God are my own, and you are welcome to your own. So long as there is love between us, we do God's will regardless however either defines him.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you for answering back.
You sound like one of the most peaceful and happy persons on Earth in what you have. I am going to email my daughters about your thread. Sounds something like my youngest daughter' view of God and she is happy all the time. People are drawn to her because of her attitude of humbleness, and she gives off a sense of complete calm. and people come to her wanting to know her secret. Believe it or not she actually has some healing ability.
To her it is the same as you... do unto others as you would have them do unto you and the world will be a better place.
She has been trying to tell me this for years.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I don't concern myself with labels my friend. I just say, my views about God are my own, and you are welcome to your own. So long as there is love between us, we do God's will regardless however either defines him.

With Love,

Your Brother

Fragments of the True Book are sometimes stumbled upon by lucky people: geeks, seers, lunatics, gold diggers, plain thinkers and visionaries but when they come to describe their experience to others they unfortunately cloak their wonder in too much vanity and importance so that the Book's Words remain Invisible.

Wslm.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Only one quick question for you then. If there is a Father, and a Son, where is the Mother? Everything on this planet is male and female, even plant life. So why do Christians say that is not Goddess? Why do they call Her a Harlot, and other vile names? Funny thing is, when I ask the Goddess for business,(PC Repair) people call me all day the next day. Asked Her last night, and made $300 toady fixing PCs.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Only one quick question for you then. If there is a Father, and a Son, where is the Mother?

I say Father because that is what "feels" right. It certainly isn't some celestial old man hanging out with naked angels living the bachelor life. If "mother" feels right for you, then call it mother. Either way, it is still the mysterious and unknown.

Everything on this planet is male and female, even plant life.

We are talking about something beyond the scope of this planet.

So why do Christians say that is not Goddess? Why do they call Her a Harlot, and other vile names?

I do not know. I am not Christian.

Funny thing is, when I ask the Goddess for business,(PC Repair) people call me all day the next day. Asked Her last night, and made $300 toady fixing PCs.

If it works for you, then keep it. Likewise, allow others to find what works for them, and keep it.

Again, how can anyone make claims that their idea of "God" is God when it is the great unknown?
Who are we to tell God what face to where to his children?

My concern is and always has been, how we relate to each other. As to God, I know who I AM and I know my relationship with him. All should be so faithful.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Can you name your God? There are many Gods and Goddesses in the Bible. Is it EL? Anon? Amun-Re?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Can you name your God? There are many Gods and Goddesses in the Bible. Is it EL? Anon? Amun-Re?

What is in a name? Would not a rose
by any other name, smell just as sweet?

My God has no name because he cannot be contained within a name. There are many adjectives which have described him through out the years, being, All, the Almighty, the all Powerful, the beginning and the end, the eternal, Lord, father, all are simply adjectives to that which can not be named.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join