It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That was another double, one small then the main one with three little after shakes. My nerves would be a wreck,, hope you can stay strong thru all this.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

They have not been posting them all and there were more that they didn't post yesterday too even though it was calmer.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
that last one looked pretty strong?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Here we go again, a little rumbling and it's looks like it's haywire again.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

They have it up now a 2.5. I reported it, maybe that is why they posted it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
strange it seems before every big quake they lower the sensitivity of the recorders
www.iris.washington.edu...
this one was at .0059 a hour agoe now its .007

www.iris.washington.edu...
same with this one it was at .003 now its .004

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sure looked bigger than this;

MAP 2.5 2011/03/05 17:41:23 35.253 -92.356 4.5 4 km ( 2 mi) NE of Greenbrier, AR

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Fritz I just copied your post here on facebook, hope you don't mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I believe that is done automatically to adjust for the size of the last quake.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i know this sounds strange (at least it does to me) Ive been having toothaches for a few weeks,, yesterday nothing. it seems to me when i look back they coincide with the earthquakes. About a hour ago it came back with a roar.
Also when i drive after about 3 miles it starts killing me also, I wonder if it has to do with harmonics. I know sound strange. But just strange to me its like it starts hurting a hour before theres a quake there. Ill go out to the shop and get some plyers and see if it stops lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

yea not a problem my ideas are for the world lol. Unless the thought police show up then im going to say nothing nothing at all. lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

notice i said before the rumble starts not after? and in prior post i noted it asle before the 4. one there was a lot of adjusting to it. like 7 times in a row

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's the same here fritz. I can tell when they are building up way before hand.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is a post by puterman on the yellowstone thread that may relate to what you are seeing.

"By the way, there has been some discussion of the 'scale' on the IRIS webicorder plots. I had some information back from my contact at the IRIS DMC. I have asked for a bit of further clarification. Note this does NOT apply to the plots from IsThisThingOn / UUSS as far as I am aware.

David:

The webicorder plots use a "heuristic" RMS algorithm to calculate the vertical scaling.

As the data for a given day changes, the RMS value for the day will change and hence the vertical scale will change.

Hope that answers your question.

Just curious, what are you using the plots for? Do you need more information?

Cheers,
B

You can see a perfect example of where this has had a major effect today on WHAR.AG. The big 4.7 mashed the trace and has meant that all display following that has been considerably reduced in sensitivity.

WHAR.AG.00.HHZ.2011.059 "

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here it's coming

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

You alright Susan?

How in the world to people go about their day with this going on?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You must be right on top of them, or they are really shallow, in order to feel those small ones.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Wow, we lost internet again for a couple of minutes. A big chocholate lab went flying across the front yard with his tail tucked up under him when that one came too. My dogs were barking like crazy, not sure if it was at the lab or the quake

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If you can feel them as you do, just imagine what those poor animals are going thru. Their senses must be off the charts, and with no one to talk to about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Are you watching TA.W40A.BHE and BHN

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join