It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Interesting info on Melatonin. And it helps slow the aging process -- I need to eat a LOT more corn.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

"No I was meaning more was the camera pointing directly at the epicentre, but I don't suppose you would know that. "

I go to that store a lot. The clerk when behind the counter would face north and the counter is oriented east/west. So, the camera view is to the east.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

If you look at TA. U39A BHE and BHN what are you seeing?

link   

The camera is close to pointing right at the epicenter. It looks in the direction of ENE.

link   
Vertical motions would correspond to waves of motion passing similar to the way the surface of water ripples as the energy of an impact is dissipated.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I know someone was talking about an interview, there is some good maps and material on Beforeitsnews,
I contacted them when the birds died and they did a great articile, "Fracking the Life out of Arkansas and Beyond. "

______beforeitsnews/story/344/370/Fracking_the_Life_Out_of_Arkansas_and_Beyond.html

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
US grants first deepwater drill permit since Gulf spill

28 February 2011 Last updated at 18:52 ET

www.bbc.co.uk...

"The US has granted the first new permit for deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico since last year's spill at a BP-owned oil well there."

Well looks like we have a new labratory too watch, and syncronize watch's at drilling commencement ,,,5,,4,,3,,2,1, "start recording".

Well Robin what do you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

www.bbc.co.uk...

"The US has granted the first new permit for deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico since last year's spill at a BP-owned oil well there."

Well looks like we have a new labratory too watch, and syncronize watch's at drilling commencement ,,,5,,4,,3,,2,1, "start recording".

How is it that this kind of thing shows in the UK before it shows here? I mean I know it's British Petroleum, but the operations and permitting took place over here.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by Red Cloak

snip

I've looked at the seismos for Ark today and what I see is a standard aftershock pattern, no different than anywhere else in the world. I am still studying the area, and the jury is out on the FRACing issue, which some say is the cause. I need to see more historical seismographical info from the NMZ, where can I find stuff that dates back 15-20 years? Or can I...?
edit on 28-2-2011 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

A whole host of highly credible institutions do not think that the jury is out on hydraulic fracturing induced seismicity, including, but not limited to:

Los Alamos National Lab., NM (USA), they say this:

To date, circulation systems have only been created by drilling one wellbore, hydraulically fracturing the well (which induces microearthquakes), locating the microearthquakes and then drilling a second wellbore through the zone of seismicity. A technique for analyzing the pattern of seismicity to determine where fracture planes are located in the seismically active region has recently been developed. This allows us to distinguish portions of the seismically active volume which are most likely to contain significant flow paths. We applied this technique to seismic data collected during a massive hydraulic fracturing (MHF) treatment and found that the fracture planes determined by the seismic method are confirmed by borehole temperature and caliper logs which indicate where permeable fractures and/or zones of weakness intersect the wellbores.

In an abstract here

AND

Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA (US) says this:

As with any development of new technology, some aspects of the technology has been accepted by the general public, but some have not yet been accepted and await further clarification before such acceptance is possible. One of the issues associated with EGS is the role of microseismicity during the creation of the underground reservoir and the subsequent extraction of the energy.

Here

AND

Research Org Gillian R. Foulger (Foulger Consulting)
Sponsoring Org USDOE - Office of Geothermal Technologies(EE-12) has this to say:

The fundamental objective of the present research was to understand how fracture networks are created in hydraulic borehole injection experiments, and how they subsequently evolve. When high-pressure fluids are injected into boreholes in geothermal areas, they flow into hot rock at depth inducing thermal cracking and activating critically stressed pre-existing faults. This causes earthquake activity which, if monitored, can provide information on the locations of the cracks formed, their time-development and the type of cracking underway, e.g., whether shear movement on faults occurred or whether cracks opened up.

Here

AND

Research Org Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, University of California, Livermore, CA
Sponsoring Org USDOE

Says:

Finally, we examined the nonpollutant effects of land subsidence and induced seismicity. Land subsidence is possible around some facilities, but surface-related damage is not expected to be great. Induced seismic events that have occurred to date at geothermal resource areas have been nondestructive. It is not possible to predict accurately the risk of potentially destructive events, and more research is needed in this area.

Emphasis mine

Here

And on and on.

Recognize any of those organizations?

So to say that the jury is out is either being uninformed, or trying to dis-inform. Do some research, read, and form conclusions of your own rather than regurgitate the semi-digested pap you're being fed on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Neat! Horizontal movement is showing and no vertical movement.

I don't think I have ever seen that before.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
USGS scandals......deleting swarms off their charts

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

Thanks for that. The camera motion was pure up and down as far as I could see with no horizontal component so I was trying to work out from that which wave had affected it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Grits are ground up corn and are usually served during breakfast for those living in the southern US. I mentioned it because I was responding to JustMike who said he found that eating corn helped settle the nausea and vertigo felt by the energy given off by earthquakes, of which many of us on this thread have been having a lot of.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We just had another small "jolt" here and my house is still vibrating.....I hope it's not a sign of things to come tonight.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

Well there's been about a dozen ones to small to feel. Their still happening. The one you felt doesn't seem that big. I would't blame you for being on edge and more sensitive. I understand being on edge.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The way the camera is mounted may screw up the real movement.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm not going to think about it. It will hurt. Staying focused. One monster at a time.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NTS1960
We just had another small "jolt" here and my house is still vibrating.....I hope it's not a sign of things to come tonight.

Did you just feel a double tap? Just curious. If so, describe it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by NTS1960

Well there's been about a dozen ones to small to feel. Their still happening. The one you felt doesn't seem that big. I would't blame you for being on edge and more sensitive. I understand being on edge.
It didn't seem very big but I could feel the jolt then the vibrations. We just had another one even smaller. Your right ...they have put me on edge. PS: I did feel it just slight rumbles here you might not notice if you wern't sitting still. What seems different to me is my house won't stop vibrating. My wife has a lamp shade with feathers on the bottom and I'm watching them slightly vibrate and I can feel it in the floor on and off.
edit on 28-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

I was hoping for a quiet night - I guess we didn't get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join