It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why fear God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What makes people fear God?

Is it the bible? Perhaps the fear of death?

Lets get some clear facts here... Believe what you want to believe in God, you learn almost everything you know from one of the bibles. All of these books were written by men. Yes, men inspired by God but none the less...they're still human.

Its well known that the bible was altered at some point in history, for example

en.wikipedia.org...

And probably many more times throughout the past 2k years. Not to mention the fact theres 27 gospels in the NT and OT, theres 80+ left out from the same period of time, probably more.

The fact is they're all still written and rewritten by man, not God.

Theres no reason to fear God, if anything...fear your own Karma. God wants a relationship with you through which you grow spiritually. Through your experiences in life you grow spiritually...it doesn't matter if you believe in God or not. Some things exist regardless of belief.

Death exists, we all have to do it, you can't avoid it so if you except that theres no reason to fear it. Sometimes unfortunate things happen, but death is beyond your control.

When you die you will return to our home, where we all came from. You don't go to hell, you learn your lessons and come back for more if its needed. Karma works perfectly, its also God's creation along with everything else. Which is why he doesn't intervien in human affairs, its not needed.

That being said the question still remains....

Why fear God?

Discussion open

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The fear of God is perhaps the fear of having all of your illusions brought to truth. Being proven wrong in all of our miscreations and seeing that in a way we were in competition with God.
Of course the concept is nonsensical but so is unhappiness in general. Even if you are an atheist you must agree the odds of you being here are enough that you ought to be consistently smiling. I like your idea of the system of the universe and mine parallels with it directly, but isn't the idea of how it operates not the point?
The learning isn't about finding out how the mechanisms operate that bring us here, not to my understanding, it is about surpassing our own illusions so we can be happy and loving.
Can only happy and loving people bring such things to the ethereal realm?
I see it as a place of growth, for us, if nothing else.

but one thing I have learned is to never see the teachings of one that is miserable to be truth.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If the Bible was altered then why is it still mathematicaly in tact? Matthew to Acts for example is impossible to forge or alter without ruining the heptadic 7 fold structure behind the text.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveSoldier

Most fear him due to the horriffic stories that are told about those that chose not to listen to "him".

Because an old book has it that you will burn in eternal agony if you reject his offer of servitude.

Time for god to fear us.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

According to the Bible the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. I say the fear of God is the beginning of superstition.

As an atheist I find the same level of reason to be afraid of God as I do of goblins, namely none.

Fear is a great tool for religion, it keeps people in the seats and stops them from realizing that their belief in God has no practical real world benefit and no real evidence or logic behind it. Fear and guilt are crucial for religion to break people down so they can build them up again with the false hopes they offer.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

I agree that most people fear him due to the distortion of "who he is", like you say.

but theoretically I don't think a creature that can create all the energy in the universe would be afraid of something that is a sub-form of that energy, it kind of is humorous to picture that actually

why is it time for God to fear us now?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
If the Bible was altered then why is it still mathematicaly in tact? Matthew to Acts for example is impossible to forge or alter without ruining the heptadic 7 fold structure behind the text.

which bible are you refering to and when was it written...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Fear is a great tool of those that wish to control others, it seems you are paralleling all religion with the desire to control another. The word religion is bigger than dogmas or the incarnations of religion that we see now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveSoldier
The fear of God is perhaps the fear of having all of your illusions brought to truth. Being proven wrong in all of our miscreations and seeing that in a way we were in competition with God.
Of course the concept is nonsensical but so is unhappiness in general. Even if you are an atheist you must agree the odds of you being here are enough that you ought to be consistently smiling. I like your idea of the system of the universe and mine parallels with it directly, but isn't the idea of how it operates not the point?
The learning isn't about finding out how the mechanisms operate that bring us here, not to my understanding, it is about surpassing our own illusions so we can be happy and loving.

but one thing I have learned is to never see the teachings of one that is miserable to be truth.

More like happy loving careing people progress faster through the system. They create positive vibrations which litterally spread like wildfire throughout the world. This is exactly what the "elite" understand, and why religion dominates the world. Its the biggest promoter of fear on the planet.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Because people don't understand God except in the biblical all seeing all powerful way. If they looked past all that riff-raff, they would see that God is the collection of everything, and there is no reason to fear something that is a part of you. Fearing God is like fearing your own hand. It's not gonna hit you unless you really want it to...I feel like this maybe isn't the best argument, but I have to go now... People fear what they don't understand...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Old testament was in Hebrew, the new testament was written in Greek. It was called the Septuagint version and was well documented and widely distributed in 280 BC. The 7 fold mathematical structure runs through the greek original text and remains in tact today.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You are right about god's true identity being misconstrued. It is time for "him" to fear us because it will not be long before we all realize that fear is the ONLY power he has over us.

I sure would be tired if I had used all my energy to create a universe.. Mabey I would take a nap in some sort of golden box, and be bourne around to destroy cities full of people. Hmmm...

there is a god of truth and light ( the same light your sould consists of). But, his name is not jehovah. Can you guess what it is?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

The Old testament was in Hebrew, the new testament was written in Greek. It was called the Septuagint version and was well documented and widely distributed in 280 BC. The 7 fold mathematical structure runs through the greek original text and remains in tact today.

Alright, but it was still written by a man was it not?

how could the NT be distributed before christ...?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by LoveSoldier

More like happy loving careing people progress faster through the system. They create positive vibrations which litterally spread like wildfire throughout the world. This is exactly what the "elite" understand, and why religion dominates the world. Its the biggest promoter of fear on the planet.

I completely agree. The Way,to me as I see and experience it, is the way of perceiving and being able to translate others hateful actions or words as simply what it is, a lack of love in the individuals perception.
Nobody wants to see a lack of love. Love is synonymous with joy and happiness.
The current state of religion offers to fix that lack but only in a certain sect of people, to the others that do not follow their belief system of how the mechanisms of the universe and beyond work they see in just about anyway but loving.
In this way it is like cancer, many people join religions for the promise of a fill to the lack of love, only to grow the problem to a greater extent,

I must stress that I don't see this as a justified means to can what the scriptures of any religion say altogether, but to understand the corruption in it and split it from the holiness it offers.

How ought one go about this then? maybe we should look past their non loving views of others in order to correct it.

maybe that is the only way?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Never met god, cant say I fear it. Nothing has shown me that it even exists, so... fear of the boogeyman seems a bit odd at this stage in life.

I do however, fear religious zealots!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Right yep lol, The old testament was translated into the greek septuagint version in 280 BC. The New testament was also written in Greek. Ivan Panin - (a Harvard phd in maths) found the code over a hundred years ago. Whoever wrote the bible must have had a helping hand - every single letter must have been somehow given to the writer who penned it word for word because the code is impossible for any human to recreate.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Never met god, cant say I fear it. Nothing has shown me that it even exists, so... fear of the boogeyman seems a bit odd at this stage in life.

I do however, fear religious zealots!

If I may ask, how do you figure this all came about then?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Right yep lol, The old testament was translated into the greek septuagint version in 280 BC. The New testament was also written in Greek. Ivan Panin - (a Harvard phd in maths) found the code over a hundred years ago. Whoever wrote the bible must have had a helping hand - every single letter must have been somehow given to the writer who penned it word for word because the code is impossible for any human to recreate.

So this exists within the Greek version...

...but not in the original Hebrew writings?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm not aware of a 7 fold code running through the Hebrew like in the New Testament. There are some other codes in the Hebrew text that I know about - like the value of pi to 4 decimal places in the first opening sentence of the Bible but that code can be easily countered.

Just to clarify: the new testament was originally written in Greek. The old testament was originally written in Hebrew.
edit on 15-2-2011 by DanUKphd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I've heard about the bible code but haven't done much research on it.

Are you trying to say God wrote it?
edit on 15-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join