It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose a U.S. Military Draft.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A U.S. Army Draft will be Declared, The Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will become reenact the Draft for the first time since the Un-Just War of Vietnam. As it is spoken, so it must be done.
Go to your City Council, demand these rights;
Demand the Right to work, Demand the Right to restore America. Demand the Right to end this reliance on fossil fuels and other imported goods, Demand the Right to live a life free of the Unnecessary Evils of the World. Demand the right for Change.

Let this be America's Revolution;

it shall be known as the "Evolution of the American Nation".

America, now is the time to show the World why our nation was once hailed as a Nation of Gold.
It is our time to Shine once Again as the True Example of the Gods.
edit on 13/2/11 by ProphetEzekiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Cool Story, Bro!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetEzekiel

55 or more posts in a few days?

well ok bro get it out of your system.......

god loves a squeaky wheel.......

("i'm just sittin here ,,watching the wheels go 'round and 'round................."]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
No and no and once agian no. Do you mean the current army if you do no! If you mean the US of A no. In fact I would really go off at such a request if I didnt think it was just a ploy to draw people in to talk of revolution nice try. I would also go off and say to all the so called patriots that america was founded on lies and built on the backs of slaves and poor people white and black. Not to mention all of the ideas stolen from Indians before we decided that it is best to send them to concentration camps and if that doesnt work we will kill them send them rotten food and blankets infected with small pox. So you want us to go to work for them no!
edit on 13-2-2011 by teotwawki77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

The world cannot afford to wait any longer, Evil powers are moving their hands. The true Spirit of Mankind must rise up.

We must Prove ourselves!

Please, I weep for our Great Accomplishments, for they are few compared to our Failures.

We are a Bright Man, let us show what we are Capable of. We must do it, for the Atlantians, for the Sumerians, for the Great Nations of Ancient America. We must revenge our Punishments by proving we are Good.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Um... military is in the business of destroying mostly. To think that by having a massive draft you will solve the problems of America is laughable.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You first ,where is your preferred country of deployment?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Quit being powerless. We live in America.

We can vote for a Army Corps of Engineer Draft that takes away 85% of the Military Budget.

In fact, we must. It is our Constitutional Requirement.

We will Call for a National Referendum. U.S. Media will not be allowed to slander the campaign.

Let us follow our Chilean Brothers in their Revolution of 1989.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The United States of America first, then push North to Canada. Mexico has a large enough population to successfully create their own Civil Works Draft and reform, they just need some wise guidance. I expect we will see someone capable of that position soon enough.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I'll sign up... right after every eligible congressional/senate member and their relatives do first.

You are just proposing a new form of slavery and having people institutionalize.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I am proposing a military based not on violence, but on social advancement.

We need to withdraw our hand from the Internation Chessboard and Rebuild our Castle.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I like my freedom of choice, thank you very much.

Building a social army is still building an army. It sounds like a preparation for World War III except America will instigate it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Look like you really get into the Egypt business a bit too much.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Can't say I'm not totally against a nation-wide protest to overthrow the government. Or at least the federal banking system.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

You nailed it dendro this guy wants us to be slaves is he serious the only reason americans are in the army now is its an easy paycheck you get paid for being alive. Who is going to pay all these people? Like our debt isnt big enough are they going to feeds us or are we going to search for bugs in the field.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I understand that the dude's using some weird syntax here; he's trying to be all "raving prophet." Trust me, six years on ATS, you'll get used to people who talk in that dialect.

What he's saying is that there needs to be a service draft to repair and rebuild our nation's infrastructure and institutions, not a military draft. And he has a good point; fifty years of the people who use these things sitting around and expecting someone else to fix it for them has taken an obvious toll.

Of course, such compulsory service is unconstitutional.

In a way, it remains a good idea, though. Convert the military budget into a domestic service budget; let all those Generals go suck daquaris in the Virgin Islands or whatever. Retain the volunteer service, but put them to work not destroying nations, but rebuilding our own.
edit on 13/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think shovel-ready jobs are a good idea. But a draft is NOT required. Do you know how many unemployed people are just looking for a low paying job to put in an honest days work? Even paying minimum wage, there wouldn't be enough work to go around.

So whats the point of the draft? To screw up people who have a good job?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I think a huge public works project is a good idea, if we take the mony from the defense budget. We can cut it by 80% and still have twice the military of the next "best" nation. I think it should be the easiest job to get. I think that #ty working habits should not be tolerated at all in these programs.

A thought I have on a military draft...
I think everyone should go through bootcamp, only a form less right infringing than truemilitary bootcamp, but good enough to teach you how to protect yourself from the government.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Could you possibly send me the recipe for whatever it is you are drinking? I could do with a few Gallons of it for when I fear that I am straying into the fields of rationality. 8-))

Actually what you are saying - - but in a different voice - - is what Obama is saying. Something like "A form of National Civilian Service."

We could do with it in the UK too.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
why not just gather the troops around the world back home and see if you have any real use for em back there,
then if you have a need to train more troops you can focus on that then but untill then fix the frikking problems you have within instead of forcing others to the same problems you suffer at home,...

<<   2 >>

join