It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On Verge Of Announcing 2012 Presidential Bid!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes!!

I have not voted for any of the 2 party crime family corporate and bankster hand-picked puppets in some time now, as I recognize the complete facade of our circus vargas system of special-interest politics.

That being said, Dr. Paul, and perhaps Dennis Kucinich are the only ones I would make an exception for, and actually cast my vote, should they make it to the final lap.

Paul is like a lone wolf, amongst all the thieves and crooks of our sham of a republic---A throwback to the days when politicians actually cared about their country and its constituents, as well as the constitution which it was founded upon.

This is exciting news if he indeed steps into the race!

Political pundits are speculating that Ron Paul could be on the verge of announcing his much awaited 2012 presidential run, after the Texas Congressman agreed to give a speech in Iowa at an event entitled “presidential lecture series” that will feature other likely Oval Office candidates.

“Texas Congressman Ron Paul “is strongly considering a run [for president] in 2012 and is currently assessing his prospects,” according to Jesse Benton, Senior Advisor to Rep. Paul’s Campaign for Liberty organization. This news comes on a day when we’ve also found out Paul has accepted an invitation to speak in Iowa next month,” reports Fox News.

Continued:

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
if he does run, i will actually register to vote.

Never realy cared, or thought my vote would matter, but with him, it wouldnt hurt to atleast try to get him in there

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For you Americans,I hope he runs and wins.
For some reason I am a little pessimistic about it.
Regardless...good luck to Ron Paul.
You guys need to be properly represented and lets hope you guys finally get a leader with your interests in mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't believe they will ever allow Ron Paul's name to be printed on a Presidential election ballot. Why would they? They only want people that can be bought and I don't believe Ron Paul to bend to their will.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hell yes. I was gona vote for him even if he wasn't going to officially run. Although I could see some shady things happening if he were to have a good chance of winning and what not, say maybe rigged electronic voting stations.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I don't believe they will ever allow Ron Paul's name to be printed on a Presidential election ballot. Why would they? They only want people that can be bought and I don't believe Ron Paul to bend to their will.

There you go.....hence my pessimism.
Regardless...good luck to Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As my civic duty, being a responsible and patriotic American, in the event of his running for President of the United States, I shall enthusiastically volunteer my time and services to whatever fundraising, polling, or door-to-door events that are required of me for I fear we are at a time where we must either act swiftly to restore our republic or sink into an abyss of corruption, poverty, and tyranny, the likes of which we have presumably never experienced in our nation’s history.

If it is Gods will that Congressman Ron Paul run for President of the United States then it is my obligation to assist him. With that said I shall conclude with these sentimental words:

God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.” – Daniel Webster
edit on 2/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I hope Ron Paul does run again. He has my vote. The only real question is.... will the majority of people listen this time around? Everything Ron Paul said during the debates of 2008 has come to pass. He warned everyone, no one listened. Will they listen this time?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would love it if he would run and I will vote for him. Unfortunately, I don't believe he would ever be elected. He gets almost no mainstream coverage, except for short interviews here and there and for the most part, he's all but ignored by MSM.

I was watching MSNBC either last week or the week before, The Last Word, and O'Donnell was talking about a poll that was taken that showed Ron Paul 1 point behind Obama. (I do not remember what the poll was about.) I was doing something else while the TV was on but I caught the words "unelectable" before he said Paul's name. Something along the lines like "And the unelectable Ron Paul showing 41 points." It was a very smooth, almost unnoticeable little word that spoke volumes.
edit on 8-2-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I truly hope that Ron Paul runs, I think he would be good for this country. Never in my life have I volunteered on a campaign, but I would definitely get involved and volunteer as much of my time as I could possible spare to help Dr. Paul get elected.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Paul is older than John McCain, and just as kooky.

I'll pass.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Well, can you give me an example of what Ron Paul has said that is "kooky"? I remember the 2008 debates very clearly and it seems to me that he was not kooky, he was right. However, I do believe in looking at all sides of teh debate, so if you have any examples of him being "kooky" I would love to see it.

As far as his age... I agree completely and this was something I was concerned about at the start of the 2008 elections as well. Now Ron Paul will be 4 years older. That being said, I see no other viable candidate out there that understands completely the problems this country is facing. No other candidate has a grasp on how far away from the Constitution we have gotten, and in order to right the ship, that is where we have to start. As long as a doctor gives Ron Paul a clear bill of health, I have no issue with his age.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If he runs, I hope he grows the cojones to stay with it and not drop out when it gets ugly. Which it certainly will.

Odds are he'll get my vote.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
it would be a miracle if Paul actually won the presidency, but even moreso if the CIA refrained from giving him the JFK treatment afterwards...of course, if he even starts to gain mass support, he will just get the RFK treatment beforehand instead...it is hard to destroy all hope in a human mind, but there is no longer any hope at all for our way of life or any chance of any human beings in the future to be free...its over, we lost, and no amount of hope is going to change anything...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

I doubt they need to do that sort of thing today. They have options today, like how they will just fix the vote, and make the media turn him into a fringe character like they did in 2008.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ron Paul can't win in 2012. It simply won't happen. Too many of his views are too extreme for most people to take. I like some of his stances as well...but he will be eaten alive (for a variety of reasons) should he somehow actually have a shot.

Obama is going to be Pres again in 2012. I can't see anyone who can challenge him. or a single Republican candidate that can beat him.

Republicans won a bunch of seats the last election....but thinking that will happen again is foolish.

Would also like to add:

Should he not get the nomination and decide to run as an independent...it will most likely assure an Obama win.

I'm sorry guys but hoping for Ron Paul is a waste of time...and I state this as being a pretty large RP supporter here in the past.(although that has changed somewhat as I've learned more about him)
edit on 8-2-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm all for Ron Paul running for President.

Not because I would ever vote for the crazy old goat. But because I know he would never win the Republican nomination...so that would put him as a third party candidate...which will steal votes away from whoever will be the Republican candidate.

It's almost as good as Palin running as a third party...hmmm...maybe they both will run as third party candidates.

I honestly think Obama will be re-elected either way...this just helps him a little.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Well first he will be nailed on marijuana legalization which will scare the old folks away....and it's not just that...he wants to legalize ALL drugs. That automatically puts him in place where people won't vote for him.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was a Precinct Leader during his last campaign. I stood in the freezing rain for hours holding his signs. We made calls to thousands of people to spread his message....

...and I would do it all again. We need a leader like Ron Paul in office. I didn't vote in the final election only because he dropped out. If he runs, I will campaign for him just as passionately as before. He is much more well known now than before. I believe he'll get much further.

I don't in all honesty believe he'll get in the White House. But when you stand for something so strongly, you don't stop just because you're afraid the dream can't be achieved.

RON PAUL 2012
edit on 8-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He'd be the best man, unfortunately people can't get over the fact that we need ANYONE not part of the clique to come in and clean house for AT LEAST 4 years, and to be honest that's not enough. My brother will agree that the two party system is garbage and that all of these guys are fascists, but would never vote for Ron Paul just BECAUSE. No other reason, just because. He'd only vote for Kucinich (sp), while I say "Hell man Paul and Kucinich should run together, I've vote for either/or!" he still wouldn't vote for Paul. It's asinine IMO.

I decided to never vote some time ago. Paul as President...honestly I'll believe it when I see it. I believe it has been proven that there was voting fraud in Florida when Bush was re-elected. And I'm not so sure Obama can't get re-elected without cheating, as hard to believe as it is. The guy appeals to the generation of people who follow celebrities and Twitter all day. He can talk and talk and talk and say good words for a long time, gotta love 'em. Nobody wants to hear Ron Paul come in and bring everybody down with his reason and common sense.

If I had to bet right now, I can't see anyone beating Obama. It's a shame, too. I wish Perot, Nader, and a whole helluvalot of other folks would donate money to Paul. But then all it takes is the "Ooooh, look at how OLD HE IS! YUCK! Look at Obama! He's young and good looking! Paul looks like a goat!" Guarantee the "HE'S SO OLD" crap will pop up. Same as it did to McCain.

And since we're on ATS, here's the kicker I've had in my head. What if Paul gets elected and then takes a big crap on everyone and really sets in the NWO in America? S will HTF!

PAUL in '12! Though I probably won't vote, just out of principle (the George Carlin principle).

<<   2 >>

join