It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeopardy! winner tops 1 million in winnings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
have you seen this guy yet? he's been on jeopardy! for 30 days and has won a tad over 1 million bucks!

i was watching the late late late late late news and he is currently a 30 day champion and has won over 1 million bucks.

its mind boggling to me that a person can have so much knowledge crammed into his head that he stays on jeopardy this long.

i never thought such a thing could occur.

although if they want to get rid of him they'll have to find smarter people.

the couple shows i've seen with him he dominates both rounds and by the time final jeopardy rolls around he has enough money to win even if he bets nothing.

although i cant help but remember the game show scandal during thde fifties and i cant help but wonder if maybe this is happening again?

i say this because not long after they changed the rules to allow winners to stay as long as they keep winning he got on the show and has been winning ever since. his answers are a little too fast and a little too concise, as if he's being fed the answers. even the smartest of people i've known have had to think for a half second but not this guy.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Haven't watched Jeopardy in a while but there were people that were on that just crushed the competition 5 days straight. Some people just proccess info faster than most. Does he get any questions wrong?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ken Jennings rules!!!
He's become kind of a cult hero to my little ol' rasslin fed. For a group that gets hit in the head with chairs frequently, we sure do like our Jeopardy.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i dont think he does...his opponents dont seem to be able to get a chance to answer anything and he kills entire categories.

if he gets a wrong answer its rare.

i still think somethings up.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Anyone remember the Rain Man type guy that broke Press Your Luck?

He not only never got a Whammy, he hit the highest dollar giveaway every time, flawlessly for like a month.

It was insanely boring. The host just started being mean to him. They finally rewrote the rules and kicked him off, and restructured the board to make it random.

Can you believe it wasn't before?
They had used a psychological pattern structure to make it hard. Which is another way to say RIGGED. Kudos to the man that broke Press your Luck.

Now if I could just get on Wheel of Fortune, they'll pay. That wheel is so rigged it's not even funny.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i dont think he does...his opponents dont seem to be able to get a chance to answer anything and he kills entire categories.

if he gets a wrong answer its rare.

i still think somethings up.

heres his strategy. he'll buz in righ off the bat then think for a second then answer. by buzzing in first he shuts the other people down totally.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It was fun watching him at first but when he typically kills everyone and you know he's the winner, long before the show is over. Boring now.

Does anyone know if he's coming back when the new season starts?

I've also noticed they seem to put a lot of categories up that cater to him, like more technology ones. Plus, the other players could be dolts. Without giving him the answers they could still be rigging this.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
1. They've rigged it to increase Jeopardy's ratings (which has happened - ratings are up 62% since he has been on the show).

2. He has a small device in his ear that sends and receives sound (seen in many movies and TV shows - very unnoticeable). This enables his smart companions to answer most questions in an instant. He just blocks the other contestants out, and his companions answer the question.

3. He really does have a great memory.

top topics

join