It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

There are folks that will say sugar is bad for you too. But I definitely believe it is the less of two evils. I want to hear back from you after a month. Please post your results back here if you can.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

I got a reverse osmosis unit too for drinking water. Thanks for the information on tapped!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone covered this but, Monsanto is behind Neotame...

www.feingold.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macabees
reply to post by MrSmith

I got a reverse osmosis unit too for drinking water. Thanks for the information on tapped!

Umm ... you might want to look it up, but I understand that drinking RO water can kill you.

I'm serious.

RO water has got zero impurities. If you drink it it can pull salts such as potassium and sodium out of your blood stream and cause your heart to stop.

Please check before something bad happens.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm glad you found out about aspartame. It's unfortunate that it took you that long, but at least you found out the truth.

I have friends that I've been informing about many poisons in food, and other products out there and their reaction is:

"Why worry about such silly things, if you really think about it, everything is killing us just stand on the bus stop and breath the smog of the bus and cars when they drive by you"

I feel sorry for these friends of mine, not for their life, but for the fact that eventually they will find out I was right, and their consciense will not forgive them for not taking such simple advice.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alex505

E Numbers

List of what they are, what they are found in, and what you should know about them. Not sure if that's all of them, but it's a basic rundown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspartame and other sweeteners are also in a lot of coated medications, vitamins, cough syrups etc.

edit on 9-2-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATS members.

Let me get this clear from the get go, from the moment I heard about asparatame many years ago, and begun to recognise its bitter aftertaste I avoided it. For my money why consume something that was created in a laboratory that we (at the time) know nothing about. Better to rely on good old teeth rotting, calorie adding, sugar. We found out later that the suspicious of us were right to feel that way.
But, and this is a big but, some posters here are blaming asparatame for everything under the sun. I simply can't believe that all of these, and in some cases multiple conditions, are caused only by asparatame.

Yes I know its bad for you, that it is a contributory cause to a lot of bad diseases / conditions - that is a matter of fact but all these conditions...? Just my penny for the guy...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
give up shopping at wal-mart and switch to trader joes and get all natural foods. High fructose corn syrup is bad for us also.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

great post

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Will do, thanks bigyin. It's a new device, and we have had one before. We mix that up with 5 gallon water that you have delivered, and ice mountain too. Lot's of good information that everyone is posting in here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

I agree with you. Having said that, for the folks that say they have stopped and their problems went away, there is obviously something to it. We know that it can cause migraines, stomach issues, etc. But this stuff breaks down to formaldehyde which can't be good for you. Objection duly noted though. Thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Macabees

A couple of years ago I had a discussion with one of the sales staff of a local gym shop. He used to be a professional body-builder but had to give it up because of some damage Aspartame caused in his body. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was but he warned me, not to use any protein powders with Aspartame or related sweeteners. I now avoid all forms of sweeteners if possible, never buy artificial drinks, just natural juice and only use ordinary sugar if I want something sweet (better the devil you know ...)
edit on 9-2-2011 by BenCambell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Alright everyone...Foods are made with ingredients that are addictive for a reason...It's so you'll run to the shop and buy more of the product. Anybody who thinks it's a depopulation conspiracy is nuts. Simply because if any government wanted to depopulate thier country through consumerism...Then they would have done so ages ago, and would have achieved it easily. Tobacco and Alcohol spring to mind for easy ways to administer poison for unsuspecting victims.

Edit: Why does the date on every thread and post say 2/2/2011? It's now the 10th of February.
edit on 2/2/2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

This stuff will make you sick. I kid you not. I don't even buy gum anymore or soft drinks for that matter. when I tried this substitute it made me sick almost instantly. (wife told me to try it. ) I can taste it in beverages that don't even have the name in the ingredients. how come these companies are not listing it in some foods and drinks? Even flavored ground coffee has this stuff in it, most all Walmart brand breads too. for some reason or another I have a very strong sense of taste when Aspartame is in anything. It over powers the food taste for me. This is how I found out Aspartame is in lot's of food items that do not list it as an ingredient, sweetener or anything at all for that matter. So I take some manufactures are slipping this in without your knowledge. ( I think only to save money from buying real sugar ) The reason I know there slipping this stuff in is, because I tried various product(s) looked at the ingredients before buying the product to make sure there is no Aspartame in it. Then I buy the product(s) only to find I'm spitting it out. I've been doing lot's of spitting lately. This Aspartame leaves a bad taste behind for me. This why I always keep water in my car now. If I ingest this stuff I will be sick for hours.

What does is taste like to me you ask? Strong, almost like envelope glue, it's very close in taste and just as strong to me as envelope glue. that statement in it self should scare some you. It tastes very chemical, that's for sure. As for the coffee grounds and bread my wife said she could not taste even a hint of Aspartame, then said " look it has no Aspartame" to prove I took small drink of the coffee, and I was sick in a matter of minutes. She knows I get sick form this stuff. but I will not do that again and thew the stuff out. also some over the counter meds have this stuff in too. I'm not making this stuff up guys. It's everywhere now.

edit on 10-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
THIS IS A FACT. RESEARCH IT IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME. WATCH THE OBAMA DESCEPTION.

it is fact that it is REQUIRED that all american municipal water plants put aspartame in the water supply.
why? it has no cleansing benefits, no chlorine like effects, doesnt kill bacteria, doesnt preserve the water, and ONLY harms the body. why would our government make ALL water sources put this horrible chemical in our water and food........
research... bilderberg group.
the majority of obamas staff are known members of this group.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I first heard about Aspartame from this website and I must say that what truly shocks me is the almost universal indifference that people have shown whenever I bring it up. My entire family consumes more diet drinks than water and it really sickens me. I quit drinking soda almost completely a couple years ago and to be honest any time that I've had a taste of soda since then...it tastes really bad and leaves a nasty aftertaste/feeling in me. When I try to talk to anyone about it's negative effects they all blow it off and just assume it's some crazy conspiracy theory. I've even gotten comments like "Oh well, something's going to kill me anyway." I think it's the indifference people show that really bothers me. Whether it's issues like this, politics, or whatever....the indifference is what's going to be our undoing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This just in from the Indianapolis Star:

www.indystar.com...|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

SNIP ------

Study ties diet sodas to stroke, heart attacks
Associated Press
It’s far from definitive proof, but new research raises concern about diet soda, finding higher risks for stroke and heart attack among people who drink it everyday versus those who drink no soda at all.

The beverage findings should be “a wakeup call to pay attention to diet sodas,” said Dr. Steven Greenberg. He is a Harvard Medical School neurologist and vice chairman of the International Stroke Conference in California, where the research was presented on today.

SNIP -------

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macabees
reply to post by wonderboy2402

There are folks that will say sugar is bad for you too. But I definitely believe it is the less of two evils. I want to hear back from you after a month. Please post your results back here if you can.

I don't understand this. The metabolic effects of sugar (sucrose/fructose/glucose) consumption are well documented and there is a clear indication that sugar consumption wreaks havoc on one's metabolism. Aspartame, conversely, is not so well understood. Short term studies are showing mixed results. Long term studies are hard to find. Epidemiologic studies are used by aspartame critics as proof that it's causing a host of ailments...but correlation doesn't equal cause.

Truth is we KNOW sugar is bad and we DON'T know how bad aspartame is in small doses.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

There may be something to it...but you most understand the subjectivity involved with self experimentation. Anecdotal evidence is typically disregarded when analyzing data to determine the effects of a substance on one's health. Plus, some people get headaches from whole foods and it's ridiculous to assume that a couple of people's experiences with a product apply to the general public. Some people have food allergies and sensitivities.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Who drinks diet sodas? Generally it's the overweight individual who used to drink a 6 sodas a day and was told to stop before it kills him/her. That's the problem with observational studies like this. CONFOUNDERS. They're not conclusive. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join