It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pooping isn't natural ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Am I silly for thinking this, or is pooping, the way it goes about it.. Is pooping unnatural ? [FOR HUMANS]

My ammunition for this theory is that... Humans really need toilet paper.

Actually i don't know if they need it, but i surely need it.

I remember a non-paper day. . . Let's not get into that.

Naturally an animal poops and doesn't get irritated by how their poop is excreted.

Humans poop and need toliet paper

Could this be cannon fodder for the Genetically modified ape-to-human theory?

Or did we co-evolve around the ability to wipe our butts with our hands to help us get upright?

I'm a little tired tonight, and my thread isn't all that serious, however i do still want to hear opinions on this, as it's been on my mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

We created the need for paper mate. Double ply, tripple ply extra soft paper for better whiping effeciency.

Do you think the cave men used paper, ? Do you think they went around looking for the softest leaf to use?

As we got more civilized, we became healthier, we wanted to be clean.

Of course pooping is natural, and to whipe it is human.

Is this a trolling thread? Cause it stinks.

vVv

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
wow this topic could get very graphic very fast..
i think a lot of the reason you really NEED to wipe your ass is because of our diet.
a lot of countries actually don't really use toilet paper.
i had the first couple glasses of beer ive had in a month tonight, so your off the hook for being a little tired.. loopy thread on ATS!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Where i'm trying to go with this is, i feel as though humans are prone to infections without toilet paper. Without some clean wiping material. That's what i mean.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Dude, many places don't even use toilet paper. And is indeed not unhealthy.

Many toilets in Japan use a water based system and air to get you clean. It is even more hygenic, since you don't need to use your hands,.

So, of course we need to keep it clean. It is natural to poop, and it is natural to want to keep it clean.

I do not see the discussion in this topic.

VvV

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Saw the title and had to have a read.

Interesting by the way, but like the person above, I believe we created the need for toilet paper. Also our diet plays a role too. Also I don't think if we didn't have toilet paper we'd get infections or anything, cause you can always jump in the shower.

Peace 2 all

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Do you mean that it might be an example of how we have evolved into a species that attempts to be thoughtfully selective about outcomes?

For the record, many animals have hygiene habits but they don't construct many complex things. Perhaps if they could create TP and other such rear end cleaning utensils, they would. They just can't.... but that doesn't stop many animals from practicing hygiene even if primitive....even in animals that seem to to have very little hygiene, there will still be attempts to separate themselves from certain things out of instinct. The separation from something is pretty much always present in any organism, isn't it? Repulsion to some things is a key component to survival it seems even in simple organisms. Separation of matter or energy itself in some way sets so much in motion. I mean, the earth itself is basically like star crap, isn't it?...or maybe it was more like a baby with a potential to do something else- live... it's all atoms, somethings are just more organized. Living cells have an organization potential that dead cells (feces..unless something is alive in it) do not. We are organized beings that organize things... or try to... and one is to separate filth from ourselves. Most animals do that.... and I think all separate themselves from something their instincts say is bad.
edit on 5-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Basically....

If we would eat our diet as we are supposed too... We would have less poop, and no need to wipe after...

Just like the ghost droplet. You feel it going down, it hurts as it's the size of an arm, but after the plunge... all evidence of it happening is gone...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You paint a very graphic picture.

Now i can't get it out of my head.

Ghostdroplet, lmao.

VvV

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I found this answer and its seems plausable to me.

Kravon - Fun Trivia

Romans were the cleanest. Wealthy used wool and rosewater and others used sponge attached to a wooden stick, soaked in a bucket of salt water.

The Greeks would use clay.

In Coastal Regions, mussel shells were used (and sometimes coconut husk).

Europeans used hand (but they also used fountains with luxury of warm water).

People from Islamic cultures used they left hand with little water (they are still doing that today). This is why it is offensive to greet someone with your left hand.

The Eskimos would use moss or snow.

The Vikings used wool.

The Colonial Americans used the core center cobs from shelled ears of corn.

The Mayans used corn cobs.

The French invented the first bidet (of course without of modern plumbing).

The Chinese invented the first toilet paper as we know it in the 14th Century.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well i was just considering areas where water is not readily available, to wipe hands / stay very clean
That they could get very dirty.

It seems my answer is that our diet can cause us to have unfortunate poops which could, if left unchecked, cause us harm.

Well guess it's not a common occurrence. I've just never wanted to test out on myself how lack of cleaning causes my butt to be.

Although there was a bit of humor intended out of the thread, i wasn't trying to troll just curious.

Oh and the 3 sea shells - i remember that xD

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
To op, if you have lived in the country, you would know that people often use the grass, and why not to clean there backside after going for no2.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
To op, if you have lived in the country, you would know that people often use the grass, and why not to clean there backside after going for no2.

As someone who has 3 dogs, your post just gave me an awful visual of people scooting their butts across the grass.
Still chucklin......

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I wonder when dogs first did that trick, lol.

I meant people probably pulled grass of the floor, and cleaned there backside, if you get me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I totally understand your question, humans are the only creature I can think of with 'cheeks' - other animals don't get any fecal matter left behind, if there is, they 'scoot' - we on the other hand have those cheeks in the way that require wiping to get that toxic infectious stuff off.

My guess is that when we evolved to stand up it changed the orientation of the leg muscles causing the creation of butt cheeks. On that same token, apparently human births are typically more problematic because of the evolution of the pelvis to permit upright standing......

So, my answer is ....pooping is natural...standing on two legs isn't - though if you think about it our ancestors wouldn't of had a nice toilet...they'd have to squat...and what does squatting do?....moves those cheeks out of the way!....Thanks for the fun and graphic thread...hahah

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I must say...a most unusual concept indeed!
yet....there is some validity to the idea that pooping and the sanitary benefits of wiping helped humans get their technoloical world atarted.
Thinking about animals cleaning themselves brings to mind pictures of many who can simply turn around far enough to clean themselves with their own toungue.
Humans do lack the range of motion required for this process.
Also mutual grooming seems a bit uh well distasteful in this area as well.
The ability to devise tools, and the lack of desire to use our bare hands to complete the excretion process,must have led to all kinds of attempts to devise other options.
I can see many unsuitable alternatives being tried and rejected for various reasons over that period of our evolution.
Diet is also a very important factor because as we all know from our computer traning that garbage in means garbage out.
The invention of the perfect wipe has likely been an ongoing challenge to the technically minded of humanity for millenia,
The invention of plumbing also has given an impetus to this search.
Flushability being an important requirement since its inception.
Leaves, grass and twigs, have served primitive man for eons till the need for keeping the plumbing working eliminated these as an in home, use product.
Old rags and discarded clothing also is not acceptable for consistent flushes.
The chinese invention of paper to this purpose, in the 14th century may also have been the beginnings of the art of origamy, as what else was there to do while engaging in this most human of activities, but experiment to find the most efficient way to fold said paper.?
Certainly the pulp and paper industry giants would never have been able to eveolve into the multinationals they are today without filling this special niche market.
In the future, i see the use of sound waves by special devices attached to toilet bowls as a green alternative to such resource wasting extravigance as triple layered softness.
Maybe then, finally ,we will not be forced to watch all those commercials about the bears with residue stuck to their fur.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't use the leafs with three leaves.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Humans are animals and a part of the ecosystem called earth, we were created to fertilize the earth with our feces then when we die with our bodies, all the other stuff is just by products of that fact. The fact that we pop is proof of that, after all do you think a space faring species that lives in space crafts in the dark reaches of space "poop" you do realize how unproductive and silly it would be to excrete feces everyday and then just flush it in space. One of the first things to go when, or if, we move into space is "pooping" and to do that we would have to change our whole biology, because the human body in not very efficient at using all that it takes in itself, in the form of food.

On a side note, who here thinks that aliens poop? I mean do the grays and pleiadians or whatever actually poop, or have they transcended all that shint?

edit on 5-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Man i was tired last night..

I should have pointed a few things out, because i seem to give a very basic question that people interpret differently

What i'm asking is, if you believe in evolution,

Monkeys to humans..

Mutation wise, how did we evolve to be able to poop safely.

Primative humans most likely didn't wipe thier butts with nice clean water every time, it seems that they would get the same irritations some people/most people/well me and whoever, get when they don't wipe! (I'm not saying i don't wipe, however i've been in the sitatuion where i couldn't, or i guess it wasn't enough. In my early years of course
)

Humans becoming upright cause them to need to be able to use extra material to wipe. I have a strong belief that creatures on the planet, if left in an absolute natural environment, would live healthy lifes.

Humans however live everywhere, where naturally they couldn't have access to butt-wiping material. Therefore it makes me wonder how natural our way of pooping is.

<<   2  3 >>

join