It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pooping isn't natural ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75
reply to post by Anttyk47

I totally understand your question, humans are the only creature I can think of with 'cheeks' - other animals don't get any fecal matter left behind, if there is, they 'scoot' - we on the other hand have those cheeks in the way that require wiping to get that toxic infectious stuff off.

My guess is that when we evolved to stand up it changed the orientation of the leg muscles causing the creation of butt cheeks. On that same token, apparently human births are typically more problematic because of the evolution of the pelvis to permit upright standing......

So, my answer is ....pooping is natural...standing on two legs isn't - though if you think about it our ancestors wouldn't of had a nice toilet...they'd have to squat...and what does squatting do?....moves those cheeks out of the way!....Thanks for the fun and graphic thread...hahah

you ever seen a rhino take a crap?
You might want to check that out. They have cheeks and they get it ALL over the place.

They don't scoot but they do have very thick hide but still, if you get within 10 yards of a pooping rhino, you are likely to get seriously pooped on.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I also have to mention that my fluffy kitty is one of the world's worst at getting danglers unless I give him some grooming help... and it is certainly NOT sanitary when he gets them.

I just want to let you people know that as I was looking for a rhino pooping picture I came across an elephant screwing a rhino over a wall (zoo?) up his butt with the elephants trunk. ...and they say animals only sex it up to procreate, that's horse hockey.

...anywho, I didn't find the right picture but sometimes rhinos mark with their poop and they use their tails back and forth to smear and spray poop all over the ground and on themselves and they look as though they are seriously enjoying it.

do you think that rhino actually asked that elephant for some butt action? i can't help but to wonder.
Species be getting freaky with each other.

On another weird note just for the hell of it. I have seen one male cat rape another male cat up the butt and he was not being nice about it.
edit on 5-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What i'm asking is, if you believe in evolution,

Monkeys to humans..

Mutation wise, how did we evolve to be able to poop safely. What i'm asking is, if you believe in evolution,

Sure why not evolution it's all the latest rage out there, and I can believe in a lot half assed theory's and things, so why shouldn't believe in evolution. And no we did not evolve to poop safely, we "learned" to poop safely. I said in my other posts that humans like all other animals on this planet are part of an ecosystem that ecosystem is called the enclosed system of earth, we evolved to be a "part" of that, pooping serves a purpose in nature thats why we do it. So we did not evolve to poop safely, we evolved to poop, and we were tought or learned to poop safely. Just look at animals, or little kids when they have to go to the bathroom, they have to learn to be sanitary.

Humans however live everywhere, where naturally they couldn't have access to butt-wiping material. Therefore it makes me wonder how natural our way of pooping is.

It's as natural as fertilizing the ground with fecal matter, that serves the purpose of other creatures such as bacteria and plants to grow or recycle/decompose, what is "natural" is just a word to describe a purpose that has been in use for a long time, sometimes millions of years. Like i said according to nature and evolution, we are here to poop and do what we do, then die and become fertilizer in the ground, once we reproduced that is. Nature likes to keep purposes simple it seems.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

anywho, I didn't find the right picture but sometimes rhinos mark with their poop and they use their tails back and forth to smear and spray poop all over the ground and on themselves and they look as though they are seriously enjoying it.

Rhinos mark there territory with there poop, and they cover other rhinos poop that is in there territory I think, same as when dogs pee to mark territory or just to let other dogs that walk by to know that there was a dog that went by that place, there animals and humans used to do it at one time as well. And sometimes when I walked my dog at the park, it used to pee then try to roll in it's pee, so it could get that scent on itself for whatever dog reason, probably to get its scent to be more strong for the other dogs that were near by at the park.

And I just got to ask, I cant help myself, but what the hell kind of pictures did you watch. I mean not that I have not seen all that before, they are just animals doing animal things, you watch enough discovery channel and animals in the wild, or in zoos, and you would see something like that once in a while.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"the world of dung" I believe was the name. The rhino in it got his tail all involved and was thoroughly spraying the entire area with poo. It was hysterical. His ass was going off like a wacky sprinkler toy.

discovery channel perhaps?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It was hysterical. His ass was going off like a wacky sprinkler toy.

Oh noz, why you got to describe it like that, now I got to watch it, sounds hilarious. But I couldn't find it in my short search of the interwebs. But got it narowed down to "Natural World" a British BBC series which is in the hundreds of episodes by now, and "The wonderful world of dung" is an episode on season ten of this show. Anyways watched some of these shows once in a while from this program, but not the one on "poop", and for those who want to see "natural" stuff and rhinos and other animals pooping and doing all kinds of things, and there behavior with themselves, and humans, this is a show to look at.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

It was hysterical. His ass was going off like a wacky sprinkler toy.

Oh noz, why you got to describe it like that, now I got to watch it, sounds hilarious. But I couldn't find it in my short search of the interwebs. But got it narowed down to "Natural World" a British BBC series which is in the hundreds of episodes by now, and "The wonderful world of dung" is an episode on season ten of this show. Anyways watched some of these shows once in a while from this program, but not the one on "poop", and for those who want to see "natural" stuff and rhinos and other animals pooping and doing all kinds of things, and there behavior with themselves, and humans, this is a show to look at.

that sounds like it might be it... whatever it was called, it was from several years back if that helps... and I'm totally serious, this rhino was taking the # of his life. If you don't get a laugh out of it then it's got to be a different program but that sounds like it. If it's bbc stuff then the channel I saw it on was probably PBS then.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
wholly crap what a thread and even though mine has no olfactory issues I do think we should get to the bottom of the matter and come out with a better product due to not only the frustration of butt-doobies but if it should ever hit the fan (judging from below) it has the potential of catching the roof on fire

While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread.-Eze4
edit on 6-2-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75

So, my answer is ....pooping is natural...standing on two legs isn't - though if you think about it our ancestors wouldn't of had a nice toilet...they'd have to squat...and what does squatting do?....moves those cheeks out of the way!...

Quoted for agreement. If you've ever been camping in the deep woods or swimming in ocean miles from nowhere (while boating) you will experience the pure joy and pleasure of elimination in the squatted position.

Perhaps this is a taboo topic to some but reality nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ah this might be one of the more important threads on ATS, or on the internet... period. Is pooping natural? That question touches on the very fabric of existence. A wise man in another liftime once told me, "He who knows what pooping is, and were it goes, knows the secrets of the universe" So what is pooping? why do we poop? what is the purpose of pooping? and also one of the most important questions ever conceived of in human history, or possible in the history of the universe......Were does the shint go?

Ever since the beginning of time when mankind first crawled out of the primordial ooze and fought with other animals and each other the gods and demons and whatever else. Two all important questions have always been in the back of our minds.... 1, What is the sun? ...And how can we know what is inside it, and go there?... Or if we cant know whats inside it, or go there... Then how do we blow it up?.... And second almost as important.... Were Does The # Go. WDTSG for short, because this deserves its own acronym and connotation.

Now we know all of humanity is full of #, and it has a habit of coming out from both of there holes, and anybody who has listened to any long speech has wondered this, and if there is a difference between verbal # and real #, Or anybody who has eaten to many beans and spicy food, has had the pleasure of pondering this very question, while spending much time on the toilet, meditating this very question. And this question has also hounded me for many a long time and hour, so much so that I can't sleep some nights, and I lay in bed staring at the celling, wondering....Were does the # go.

Now through out history many have wondered and pondered on this very question, and some have even made statues of men who have pondered this question, like the vid bellow in question, of rodin the thinker.

Now that is a man who thinks deeply and has come close to knowing the secrets of the universe and poop.

And we have come a long way of knowing more about "poop" and have a better understanding of were the # goes, as this vid I was looking at demonstrates. A weird word "demonstrates".. "demon strates", now why structure it like that?...But anyways must stay on topic..... Here is the vid, on the process, of processing poop.

So how come so few people responded to this thread, we must know, the answers to one of lives most important questions. Is pooing natural? Or is pooping not natural? Or once again, just to get it into peoples heads, Were Does The # Go? Does anybody know the answer to all these questions?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I can only give you one star but that post deserves 12 rolls.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We poop because of two things...

1 Our body does not digest everything we give it to eat.

Nature has found this a good way to spread seeds and stuff. A bonus ?

2 Our body produces waste material, most of it are dead red blood cells which make your poo looks brownish most of the time. If you wood taste a bit you would probably taste iron.

Anyways... We need to poop, but why the wiping part....? In nature animals that have some left over residue stuck, usually let another animal eat it or something. Maybe if you ask politely...

The animal that uses it's tail like a rotor to disperse its poo is a hippopotamus .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm not trying to say the pooping process isn't natural i was trying to say that the way humans go about human isn't natural compared to the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

1 Our body does not digest everything we give it to eat. Nature has found this a good way to spread seeds and stuff. A bonus ?

Ya it's all natures fault that we poop. Who would of thought that a small organism such as a human, would have to deffer to the rules of a bigger or higher organism such as planet earth.
Logically if you think about it that makes sense. But if you think about it unlogically, then that sucks and we shouldn't have to poop, or waste many precious minutes every day on pooping. We got to come to some sort of compromise, were at the least we would only have to poop, once every 2 weeks, but alas we are so not self reliant, and efficient in our biological make up to do that.

2 Our body produces waste material, most of it are dead red blood cells which make your poo looks brownish most of the time. If you would taste a bit you would probably taste iron.

Ah the textbook quote, yes as I said very much so inefficient. Here is a site that poped up first, on this subject and is short.
Waste products

Also how do you think they figured out that you could taste the iron? What I'm trying to say is which scientist got the short straw, and had to actually taste or lick the poop, to see if you could actually taste the iron in it.
But of course one can only hope that they just tested the iron content, and assumed that one could taste the iron. If so then its not very scientific, because they are assuming that you would be able to taste the iron in it.

Anyways... We need to poop, but why the wiping part....? In nature animals that have some left over residue stuck, usually let another animal eat it or something. Maybe if you ask politely...

Becaouse of the bacteria that breaks down the poop, and gives off the smell, we have sensitive skin, not thick skin/hide like other animals, so it would create rashes, and other not good and stinky stuff that could lead to infections and bacteria growing there. Check out this site it has lots of info on poop.
scoop on poop
Pretty interesting site especially if any of you have ever wondered why sometimes you poop a certain color, like green, or yellow poop, or why does poop float.
edit on 7-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

What "the rest of the world you talking about?" We all poop the same, the only real difference would be in civilization and techniques and sanitary practices, which are critical in a city, were there are such mass numbers of people gathered. And of course in the fact that things like toilet paper is manufactured and some third world countries or towns in the middle of nowhere, would not be able to dispense it or make it, like it is for those of us in any major city, and not to mention the plumbing and sewage systems in place.

# without modern waste systems, and all the junk food and fast food around in cities and towns, and the fact that we live in a concrete jungle, we would be up to the eyeballs in our own feces. All you would have to do to stop civilization would be to get rid of the waste systems, blow them up and poof we would be wallowing in our own #, and this place is going to get a lot more stinky. I never been to India, but I have an Indian friend who went back there some time ago, and he said the first think you notice is the smell of poop everywhere, and that it was a lot worse then the farm/cow fields, that you can smell in farming areas

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ever go a week with only eating plants and animals? Cut out bread, pasta, soda, candy, etc...When I tried it, I was surprised to find when I went on a plant/animal only diet I went to the bathroom a lot less. And when the occasion arose, it was nice and easy and barely any paper was required. My conclusion: if you eat what your made to then things work like they're supposed to.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Ever go a week with only eating plants and animals? Cut out bread, pasta, soda, candy, etc.

Did that once for a couple of weeks though it was only plants and no meat, and yes you have to use the bathroom a lot less, and your poop comes out green, not always but more then it usually would on a regular diet. And even went up in weight, I guess there is something to that diet, like gorillas who eat plants all day and are 600 pounds, though its hard to metabolize all that fast, and it has a habit of staying in your stomach for longer periods of time digesting, then meat diets. Thats why fast food, and the meat and bread sandwich thing is used often you get it in you system, and it digests fast turn it to energy and all that, and you do your daily routine, and then you poop it out, then presto repeat a couple hours latter.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ill add some input later but for now I just want to say this...eventhough we crap here and there there will always be more of it so why not improve on the situation?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Fake Restroom sign in Japan:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04d068d0ab53.jpg[/atsimg]

Why is called a rest room anyway? I'm usually working like a dog in there.
edit on 14-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Now you see that. The Japanese are way ahead of us in not only technology, but in how to poop right signs. I know a guy who has been to japan and he says that there bathrooms are real clean and nice everywhere he went. Not like here, you go to any public restroom like in a park or at a fast food joint, or anywhere really, and its like walking through a minefield in a lot of them. We need some of those signs here, especially the "don't fish in the toilet sign".
Or the 'lift your leg up like a dog and pee sign' because some people apparently have really, really bad aim, and they get it everywhere but were its supposed to go.

There toilets are way ahead of ours as well, they have ones that will clean your butt, or whole general area. And it even has a air dry system, for when its done cleaning it. And also you can heat up the seat, so that your butt wont get cold. I don't think they even use toilet paper there, way more advanced then our primitive standard toilet bowls.

Oh and some supposedly can play music while your using it as well. And for general purposes, of if you really have to go, and you don't want people to hear all the noise associated with that endeavor, you can just turn on the music or soothing sounds to drown out the gaseous release of your bowl noises.

Heres a vid on a basic demonstration of one of those toilets, that are apparently in 70% of all houses in japan. See you learn something new on ATS once in a while. One can only wonder on what amazing toilets, that advanced aliens would have, it boggles the mind.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join