It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in god's name is happening??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The more interconnected we are, the more information we have available to us.

On sharing information in what form, digital or connected mentaly ?

The entire world is a cycle of death and rebirth. This is the basis for every single religion known on this planet.
(and by religion, I refer to any type of deist religion)

I got that feeling also, that it's just a ride, destiny ? But then I thought that there are bilons of people on this planet, it's imposible for each of them to have a preset.

We either become more enlightened or more frightened.

Or we stay as we are in the middle and leave out the extremes (no side picking)

It is just a ride man.

What ever happened to driving, left and right.

link   
The world is actually becoming a much better place -- at an accelerated pace. Because of increased communications, hiding of unfair control by leaders is more difficult. If a Judge rules unfairly, you can get the Judge on the Internet -- "www.judgesoinsoSUCKs.com". Look at the effect of communications on the people of Egypt. Electronic gadgets have made our lives more productive and interesting. The list of stuff that is making the world better is very long.

link   
reply to post by Josephus23

That's exactly right. And nobody is necessarily in total control of the process. So we just need to align our own personal lives in such a way to ride the wave. It's actually quite exciting and promising. We sometimes forget that our own technology has evolved so quickly and we can now do amazing things. This acceleration will not stop - which essentially means that at some point in the near future anything will be possible.

We both posted our information about Terence McKenna within a minute of each other.

That is awesome you got to meet him and hear him share information about his theory. I found out about him in 2000. It's too bad he wasn't around now, he'd be able to help us all make sense out of the events unfolding.

But his legacy is well-preserved and all of the information is out there.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by SkunkSense

Theres been worse times throughout history, I don't think there's anything to indicate we're near the endtimes, other than people scaremongering or worrying needlessly. People living in the Roman Empire during its collapse, during the Black Death or the Mongol raids, even the two world wars would have felt similarily gloomy if not alot worse, but it didn't mean the end was coming. I think there's a few recorded texts from the one/some of the popes in the 6th century predicting the endtimes.

But this still does not explain "fear mongering"
Are you not independent or old enough to decide for yourself? Folks can either agree or disagree. At this point, we still have that freedom of choice. I do not believe folks are stating what they feel or sense, is fear mongering. If you disagree, then why do you continue to read? Like I stated...read the post and you can understand that people are not being fear mongered. They come to these posts to understand, read the opposite comments or they are truly interested on this subject. No fear involved. If there is, then move on folks. Too simple...Common sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
yea i get paranoid about the world ending, sometimes i think its just me because logging on ATS and seeing all the events happening around the world.
But I actually think we might be near the end because of all the un-natural things we are doing to earth, we kill her and take everything she has. If we don't start changing soon then end times will come as much as any one of us don't want to believe it.
Im hoping that the whole 2012 new age of thinking etc will happen but things will happen as they should in the end.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

What you are feeling are the affects of the patriot act.Ever since it was signed we where doomed.

Life as we knew it is gone forever. Change is here and we all better wake up.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

What about vulnerable people or easily impressionable people, there's business in fear, and I'm sure plenty of people profit from it.
Again you're point about not reading is stupid, people come here for information. If its an interesting topic,why not read it?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

How very interesting indeed that we posted our thoughts on the Timewave program nearly simultaneously!!

Something very enigmatically humbling is afoot, and in the words of McKenna "the closer we are to the zero point the nuttier and nuttier life becomes"

I now feel as if it is an honor to have actually met him and had a personal conversation with him.

He also spoke extensively about the use of Salvia Divinorum (which is legal).
As well as '___' (which is produced by the body in the pineal gland).

I am of the ripe age of 37, so my psychonaut days are well behind me, but the things that I have seen and experienced might get me locked up in a padded room if I were to ever be totally honest with any "professional".

But I think that those experiences were necessary precursors for future events.

I am up in the air as to my belief in God, but I can say that the older I become, the more I tend to believe in the "great attractor at the end of the universe"

Who is coming soon....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
very soon the boon will become illuminated
all flowers have bloomed in unison
the fallen one versus the solemn son
all days fade and change as part of the great ancient
stay patient and let go of your complacent face
peel back the mask and ask for forgiveness
heal this place and shape your days

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

iv been feeling this exact same thing for about 2 years now more so since my mom died .... somethings gotta give somewhere i dont think it will be due to mankind.. .....

hello mamma nature?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
What you are feeling are the affects of the patriot act. Ever since it was signed we where doomed.
Life as we knew it is gone forever.

...oh, yeah, sure - that must be it because injustice on a major scale has never happened before in the good ol usofa...

...whats really happening is ---- the injustices that middle class americans rarely had to contend with are now in their face... they believed they were special and, now, the monster has now come for them...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing
The world is actually becoming a much better place -- at an accelerated pace. Because of increased communications, hiding of unfair control by leaders is more difficult. If a Judge rules unfairly, you can get the Judge on the Internet -- "www.judgesoinsoSUCKs.com". Look at the effect of communications on the people of Egypt. Electronic gadgets have made our lives more productive and interesting. The list of stuff that is making the world better is very long.

Technology has been good but it also has be bad. When something good is invented there's always someone out there with an ulterior motive of how they can use it as a weapon or for some other negative purpose.
As for the world becoming a better place, I think you need to take a better look around. Every day we live with a threat of some kind.
I like your optimism, but we need to be honest with ourselves too.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by SkunkSense

What about vulnerable people or easily impressionable people, there's business in fear, and I'm sure plenty of people profit from it.
Again you're point about not reading is stupid, people come here for information. If its an interesting topic,why not read it?

But again...where are individuals choices? Most of us are blessed at this time with choices. If folks are that impressionable, then something is not kosher with them. There will always be folks with that fear...sometimes I wonder if these are the folks that follow cults and let someone control their thoughts. This is not good. Do not let something or someone control your thoughts and feelings. Bad news if you do.
Most of this is about control of someone else's thought or feelings. I feel sad for those who allow this to happen.
And again....don't read it if it bothers you.
I don't read posts that I don't agree with or understand. And I sure wouldn't comment if I did! My choice.

Who is in charege or your life?
edit on 30-1-2011 by SkunkSense because: Because the term "fear mongering" does not makes sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Two part post.

I don't know what is happening, but whatever it is, it's tangible to me on a gut instinct level, if that makes any sense? I'm not sure I would class it as 'Biblical' though. More it feels like something awakening to me. I don't know how else to describe it. Like the time is coming to slip free of this paradigm that's been carefully built around us to contain human potential by those in power.

I hadn't seen that clip before, thanks for that link. So many of the songs on the This is War album hit the nail on the head: Jared did a really brilliant job of reflecting the world gone mad around us. A lot of the songs really just resonate, like: Escape, This is War, Vox Populi, Closer to the Edge, and particularly Kings and Queens. If only for the juxtoposition of the soaring, hopeful melody and music with dark, harsh and realistic words.

The age of man is over
The darkness comes at dawn
These lessons that we've learned here
Have only just begun.

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser god
Between Heaven and Hell
-- Kings and Queens, 30 Seconds to Mars

Had to take the link out because I couldn't get it to work. :/

edit on 30-1-2011 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
Two part post.

I don't know what is happening, but whatever it is, it's tangible to me on a gut instinct level, if that makes any sense? I'm not sure I would class it as 'Biblical' though. More it feels like something awakening to me. I don't know how else to describe it. Like the time is coming to slip free of this paradigm that's been carefully built around us to contain human potential by those in power.

I hadn't seen that clip before, thanks for that link. So many of the songs on the This is War album hit the nail on the head: Jared did a really brilliant job of reflecting the world gone mad around us. A lot of the songs really just resonate, like: Escape, This is War, Vox Populi, Closer to the Edge, and particularly Kings and Queens. If only for the juxtoposition of the soaring, hopeful melody and music with dark, harsh and realistic words.

The age of man is over
The darkness comes at dawn
These lessons that we've learned here
Have only just begun.

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser god
Between Heaven and Hell
-- Kings and Queens, 30 Seconds to Mars

Had to take the link out because I couldn't get it to work. :/

No disrespect here, but if you don't recognize or realize the biblical importance here, than I'm assuming that you either never read the bible or you just don't understand it's message.
That awakening your feeling is for real, it's just that you haven't recognized the value of it and where it's coming from.
edit on 30-1-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
end of days?? c'mon, just think how american citizens felt when japan attacked pearl harbor, when america, and most of the rest of the free world was already at war with germany. what is happening now is nowhere close to that. try and relax and use your crictical-thinking skills. fear-mongering and irrationality limits our ability to think and act clearly. my advice?....calm the F down and act like an sane adult.

That event was part of the end of days.

When you realize how long the cycles are you'll realize we have been in the "end times" for quite some time already.

Things really begin to change in the last ~ 5,000 yrs of a cycle. Major cycles are ~75K and minor ~ 25K.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I actually am familiar with Revelations. I also admit that there are many things going on that track. However, this is where it comes down to 'belief'. In return I mean no disrespect, because I actually think quite a lot along the lines of Elizabeth I and 'will make no windows into mens' souls', I'm just very wary of anything that is filtered through 'Religion', because Organized Religion is all just another greater part of the greater, overlaying consiparcy of man's control over other men. The Bible, no matter the version you read today was at one time or another filtered through The Roman Catholic Church. That fact in and of itself, causes it to be suspect to me, considering it's been abridged, approved, entire parts locked away in archives, and basically spun, folded and mutilated.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
The universe will unfold as it should

What do you really mean by that? I'm curious, but don't understand.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The consequences of a 7 billion strong population on an Earth that can only sustainably support 1/2 billion are starting to show themselves. Expect worse to come... 100 years ago the population on earth was about 1 billion - look what we have done in 100 years!! read Revenge Of Gaia by James Lovelock if you want to learn more about what is happening now, and why it is happening and what is likely to come. I find it all very sad really, atmospheric and surface warming will reduce our population numbers 80%, probably mostly through starvation, a small % though natural disasters, but then solar warming (the gradual heat output increase of the sun) will make the Earth a dead world in 100,000 anyway (like Mars) and then long range our Sun will go Supernova anyway, so its challenge after challenge!

Short term though, the days of 'it wont happen in my lifetime' are over. Its happening now, expect much worse to come in an upward trend. Also if you come across any in your post, feel free to rub the noses of climate skeptics in the latest IPCC data & what is happening globally now. If they think now is bad, wait 15 years. Even the IPCC accpets that things look particulaly bad. Its too late for renewable sources of energy etc... This is a natural Earth cycle simply contributed to by ourselves, you cant stop a natural earth cycle. The Earth will deal with us, not us dealing with it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In Tolkein's Lord of The Rings, the fall of the Two Towers indicated a new beginning, not the End of Days.

I like to go with that theory, and that we're just in a "growing pains" phase.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join