It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in god's name is happening??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There's is a great disturbance in the force.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Nope, just wishful thinking brought on by your religious brainwashing. Chaos, natural disasters, etc are all normal for this world. Every single year for as long as I remember I've seen people claiming the weather or disasters are "strange" or "worse" this year, but statistics prove that people are just dumb. Show me one single statistic that proves any disasters have been any more frequent than usual. The only thing increasing would be death counts as the world pop increases and ppl fill in areas where disasters previously killed no one.

People have been "feeling" and saying that the "end of the world" is near throughout history and they've all been wrong, just like you are, you'd think by now we'd have learned from our past idiocies but nope, the self inflicted ignorance continues. In fact, I'll bet my left lung that you can find a thread just like this one for every single year, hell probably every month, since ATS has existed and hey look the world is still here. Anyways, drop the bible talk and focus on critical thinking and im sure your paranoia will fade away eventually.
edit on 30-1-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainSensible

Star for a delightfully brief and pertinent commentary using a familiar movie quote.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I also feel something is changing and some kind of strange revolution may happen to the whole world.Something just seems way different and it appears the world is growing closer at a rapid pace which may lead to WW3.Possibly what the bible prophesizes.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This stuff has happened in the past.I keep tellin everyone we may be close to WW3.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Humanity, although in it's infantsy, some of us have grown wise. There are changes coming and those who have grown wise have learned to read the signs. Change is eminent and for those who can read, the transition will be proven to be easier. But for those of us that have trouble believing a cataclysm of epic proportions is afoot, change will prove to be a testament to their mental and physical strength. Through out humanity, new eras have shown to have their own sets or hurdles to surmount. A new era is most definitly beginning and thus new challenges await. We will surmount those obstacles and grow/evolve as a species. But one thing must be clear, the road on which we are preparing to embark will not be a pretty one but once we get to our destination let us teach our children the way of peace, prosperity and good will towards mankind.

Thank You

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

There is no end. It is but change.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Listen, claiming to have only love is all fine and dandy if you want to be ignorant to your true nature. If this is what you want, read no further.

Love is not a universally accepted concept. It's not a universally understood, or easily defined concept. What one thinks of as love, may be seen as something else entirely to another individual.

Where is this love? Can you quantify it? Can you qualify it?

Now, where is fear? Fear is everywhere.

It's in the breathe you take in, the food you choose to eat, the job you choose to work, the "love" you choose to give, etc, etc...

EVERYTHING you do is a product of fear to some extent. EVERYTHING.

I challenge you to name something you do for yourself or others that doesn't in some way use fear to get the thing done. Even "love" is but an illusion. It says, : this makes me feel good when I do this, so I will do it and smile. I will feel as if there is a bond here, and that will make me happy with the outside world, or feel internal joy.

WHY DO WE FEEL THIS?!

Because this feeling was necessary for the survival of our species. If we're not feeling bonded to our kin, we will defy them. If we all defy our kin, the species dies out.

You can make up these beliefs that blind you from our instinctual roots, but they will remain nonetheless.

Furthermore, there's a saying I read on the net a while back, and it made me think of this:

"There is no love like apathy".

Apathy is indifference, and the foundation of what many perceive to be "evil".

So how does this supposed opposition to empathy equate to the purest of love??

Indifference means unattachment, and yet what many refer to as "love" is usually mere limited empathy..lol.

Do you see what I'm getting at?!

...no?

It's that these are all relative concepts that require a subjective observer.

What we feel is personal, but also has reason to it.

What we hide from ourselves is personal, but also has reason to it.

That's all....
edit on 31-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You are correct that we're in the end times, but we have been for quite some time and there's no telling exactly how much longer until the return of Christ.

People had better read up on their scriptures and accept Christ as their Load and Savior. I'm afraid people, including myself, just can't comprehend what God gives us on a daily basis, until it's taken away and we realize how much we ned his love and mercy.

I don't have enough posts her yet to start my own thread, but when I do I'll gladly show Biblical proof backed by historical facts that the Roman Catholic Church is the first beast of revelation, and it's time has already come and gone. The only thing that has to happen now is for the church to begin te worst persecution of humanity it has ever attempted, even worse than the dark ages, and only then will christ's return be imminent.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The world ends for someone every day. Once you understand the true weight of that, fretting over some inevitable future just seems frivolous.

Things don't seem any wilder to me than they've ever been. I don't feel any closer to doom than I normally do. Are volcanic eruptions any worse than they were in 122 (BCE)? Are earthquakes any worse than in 1755? Are hurricanes any worse than in 1900? Is disease any worse than it was in the 1300s? Is the US more divided now than it was in the 1860s? Are we as concerned that our neighbors are going to nuke us as we were in the 1960s?

There are a lot of awful, devastating things that happen on our planet. Species come and go. It's only a matter of time before we go too. And no amount of talking about it will have mattered or will ever matter again.

Take care not to spend too much time worrying, folks. We don't have a lot of it here. We're all going to die, though with any luck we won't all go in the same moment. If you aren't having fun, doing something you love, or just being with your loved ones while you're here, you're doing it wrong.

edit on 31-1-2011 by bikeshedding because: Rephrased first paragraph

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerberus00
It feels like time is speeding up to me, and everything is becoming more intense and at a quicker pace. I find the more intense everything gets, the opposite effect happens to me. I feel like I'm being drained, physically and mentally to the point of where I just want to sleep for years and its hard to concentrate. Anyone else feeling like this?

Might be anxiety man over all that is going on.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Where is this love? Can you quantify it? Can you qualify it?

Now, where is fear? Fear is everywhere.
reply to post by unityemissions

I find your post fascinating, as I think it underscores an element of the transformations which are accompanying the gradual transition from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius.

The Age of Pisces, which spanned roughly the time of Christ to the current times, was marked by humanity being largely controlled and impelled by unconscious forces, the emotion of fear being a very prominent instigator.

The Age of Aquarius, on the other hand, will mark a time where humanity learns to become less of a slave to these unconscious forces and acts more through conscious awareness and clarity of mind.

Fear not only clouds the mind, but also obstructs the natural flow of love (unconditional, agape). As fear dissipates in the face of clear awareness, brotherly love and compassion will have a chance to infiltrate all spheres of society.

I don't think this will happen quickly, but will be a slow and gradual learning process with many peaks and troughs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

You said...give you 1 natural occurance....how about 'the Flood'. Everyone mocked Noah, as he was building that ark...but when God opened up the heavens....I'm sure people weren't laughing then. Noah, and his family...were nice and snug...simply because they BELIEVED in God...and not the system of this world. Same system...different players.

I believe...the system is about to change. I think people are tired of not getting their piece of the pie, and they're beginning to bite the had that feeds them.

Here's the question: Why are the big shots fleeing the country? What does that say about leadership? It tells me (like i've known all along), that they are NOTHING more than flesh and blood...like you and me. The arrogance of these gov't officials....is mind boggling.

Someone answer me this....if 'the people' want his ass GONE...which apparently they do....WHAT PART DOESN'T Mr. Mubarak get? He-llooooooooooooooooo?

Keep pissing the people off...and they're all gonna need them underground bunkers; to keep them safe from an angry mob!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The Bible records Jesus as saying that his return would come in the lifetime of those then living, and every generation since then has read themselves into this. Approximately 3/4 of American’s claim to be Christians. So, at least in America, it is no wonder that we believe the end is near.

I remember in the late 70’s sitting in the, “Turn-or-Burn,” church to which my parents took me. I can still see & hear our preacher talking about Israel, and how Christ’s return, (and the end of the world as we know it), was just bound to happen any day. That was 3 decades ago.

With all that said, we are in fact living in an unprecedented time--at least in our recorded history. We easily forget how freaky it is that we can access any type of information, learn about anything, investigate anything ... all with this thin little plastic thing called a laptop. I hope I’m not the only one who occasionally pauses, just for a moment in time, and tries to comprehend what an amazing time it is in which we live.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

GO ask the Europeans that lived during the black plague. What makes you so special to think "end of days" is even during your lifetime.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by ghaleon12

This has ALWAYS been true.

It's all perspective.

If you have a highly religious belief, that imposes a moral code then undoubtedly you would think the world that didn't follow you were heathens.

This idea was true before the bible was written, and will be so when the bible is forgotten.

It's not about one that has a moral code trying to impose on others, it's not about having a highly religious belief.
It's about the Word of God that will surely out live you, and the Word of God and His Infinite and all knowing wisdom. The Word of God has always been and will always be even before the bible was ever written.
The foolish and arrogant thinking of man who thinks he's the wiser will be his own doom.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There is a reason we are told to take heed and watch from so many ancient sources. The proof is in our existence as people with amnesia. All started out as many separate ones, but we’ve grown into one world. Only certain parts of our collective memory have survived, but there is too much to piece it together with so much missing.

What would be the factors of communications that would transcend time, if a people wanted to assure certain knowledge was preserved far into the future? I don’t know about you, but I can still remember the scariest movies I have seen…in great detail; love stories, not so much.

Every belief system that I have ever studied ~ even science, allows for the awesome continuation of life. I can’t think of one that teaches that all will cease to exist.

Take heart, even if the mind can’t grasp it all. We’ll be fine.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
well your right about that... it doesnt effect me, and I really dont care, but getting back to the focus of this thread... NOTHING IS Happeneing to the EARTH or HUMANITY... just some people forgetting to take thier meds.

We will all be around for a very very long time... me in my big comfy home.

Geesh! If anyone is feeling this way, okay...

But, remember: if something happens that causes you to get up on top of your big, comfy home to see what is happening, DO NOT go back in for anything.

You won't need it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YourMomLied

Your opening sentence is incorrect, you have misinterpreted Mathew 16;28. If Jesus stated he would return within their lifetime as you suggested how could anyone who was not alive at that particular time believe he was refering to them?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Student X

Listen, claiming to have only love is all fine and dandy if you want to be ignorant to your true nature.

But my true nature has been changed by mysticism. I am no longer bound by the same sorts of things that I used to be. Fear, lust, greed, hate...these things don't reach me in the way that they used to. On the other hand love reaches me in an amplified way. I have undergone a psychological and physical change as a result of mystical experience.

“This is how a human being can change.
There’s a worm addicted to eating grape leaves.
Suddenly he wakes up, call it grace, whatever,
something wakes him, and he’s no longer a worm.
He’s the entire vineyard, and the orchard too,
the fruit, the trunks, a growing wisdom and joy
that doesn’t need to devour.”

-Rumi

edit on 31-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join