It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Existing On other planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Back in school, a few years ago my teacher was really smart, and he used to be an astronomer that worked for the government. My mom and him were really great friends, and he used to give me stuff about space all the time. Thats when he gave me this book on UFO's. And I got curious.

One day I asked him if Aliens really existed on other planets. He said "Theres no way." And I debated with him for an hour or so over it. This is some of the conversation. Tell me if u see any flaws, or false logic.

ME: How do you say there is no life on other planets?

HIM: Because. From what we know so far, we can tell that there is no way that these planets can support life. The only one we know of that could have possibly supported life, is Mars.

Me: But, how do we know that the life-forms work the same way as us?

HIM: How so?

Me: Well, for instance. From what we get from eye witnesses of abductions, people see them as reptiles, or weird peach, green, or grey little people. But, I'm sure that some of these views are false. Maybe, they function differently, just as they look differently. Maybe, they don't live off of oxygen. Perhaps, they're bodies are built to live off of, oh say elements we don't have here on Earth. I mean, meteors that have crashed here have had strange compounds contained in them, or have been known to be some form on protien, and such.

Thats basically the gist of it. Thats also my theory. And, u can't really say there isn't life on other planets. As, nobody REALLY knows. I just don't really believe a lot of Media aliens.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You meant other planets in the Solar System?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well were you debating on life in this galaxy or life in this solar system? If life in the galaxy.. then he's just a brainwashed husk to believe other life doesn't exist. If life in the solar system... then you're both kinda right.. it's a debate.. but nothing intelligent, I'd really doubt it. As far as aliens being here on earth.. I have my own experiances that tell me it's true.. but somewhere in the back of my head I must admit I still have doubts.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In a way I kinda meant both. I think he just used Mars as an example. But I do believe in life in the Galaxy, definately. No doubt about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well then he just can�t say "There�s no way". He doesn�t know every planet in the Galaxy, how can be that sure?

Agree, there�s no life, besides Earth, in the Solar System, at least intelligent life. But in other planets, somewhere in the galaxy, there is no doubt about intelligent life. We are not just an improbable freak of nature...there�s someone out there.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
thats what I was trying to tell the guy. Almost every time he comes to visit my mom we talk about it. I guess he thinks that since he worked for the government, he knew everything. -.-

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Tell him I say he is an idiot!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Peronemlin]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If there life on the bottom of the ocean, there is life in space.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Drake Equation, developed by Frank Drake in 1961 determines the number of how many intelligent, communicating civilizations there are in our galaxy. This number is obtained this way:

N = R* � fp � ne � fl � fi � fc � L

Where,

N = The number of civilizations in The Milky Way Galaxy whose electromagnetic emissions are detectable.

R* =The rate of formation of stars suitable for the development of intelligent life.

fp = The fraction of those stars with planetary systems.

ne = The number of planets, per solar system, with an environment suitable for life.

fl = The fraction of suitable planets on which life actually appears.

fi = The fraction of life bearing planets on which intelligent life emerges.

fc = The fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space.

L = The length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

What�s the result of this equation? try it yourself choosing your own values here

Have fun!

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Peronemlin]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
kool. I like the equation thing. But it confuses me a bit. Anyway, u are right. If life exists underwater, there must be life in space.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1. One drop of water on Earth is teeming with life.
2. NASA just recently announced that undoubtedly, there was/is water on Mars.
3. We still haven't fully concluded if those were microbe fossils in the Martian meteorites.
4. We are discovering more planets outside our solar system everyday, and we don't know enough about any of them to determine whether or not they can harbor life.
5. There is likely liquid water on Europa under the ice.
6. With all of the accounts of UFOs and people all over the world, with different cultures and beliefs, all describing the same being...

I don't think YOU are the one being illogical...but rather the astrologer...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yay. I'm not illogical. But, don't u think it could be true about what I said about the aliens functioning differently than us?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yes they could be a lifeform.. that we might not even recognize.. it's well known carbon life might not be the only life

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yah. I mean, here we are not knowing practically a fraction of everything, and yet scientists are like 'no. theres no such thing as aliens.' when, we don't even know if they aren't carbon life-forms, as UnusualMe said. So, I'm definately sure there are.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yasuhiko23

Hi I am late to explain about life on Mars ,but yes there are people like us and many animals.
Tell the teacher to prepare his apology to all his classes for his error.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I hope you're joking with those pictures

join