It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Watch Southern California Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
To start I know nothing of geology and I have no predictions but I have seen the pictures of the weird rainbows in the sky over places that had huge earthquakes happen in the following hours. Well I walked out today and in the sky and I'm was pretty stunned, small circular rainbows? (I'm looking from the Glendora, CA area, SE from where I am are the rainbows in the sky). I have only seen rainbows like this in the videos and pictures where they had earthquakes, like Haiti. The clouds are very irie too, swirled around strangly. I don't know just be aware if your in area, I wish I could provide pictures but I have no camara. One other thing is that before I noticed the rainbows, I was completely shocked at what seems to be 2 suns in the sky, the other sun seemed to fade away leaving the rainbows. This is a very populated area so I'm sure other people have seen this. Watch your animals they'll probably know if something is up before we do.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OMG. I hope this is nothing! My daughter is in San Diego (and from your description, it surely sounds as if SE of Glendora is in the viscinity of SD).

She is eight years old.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

All right, will be aware, and we will see if you are right in less than 24 hours. Interesting. Will add that my pets seem to be acting normal so far. I am probably 50 miles from you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You should of taken some pics : / My buddy Zac lives in San Diego so I hope not

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Check this site for updates on earthquakes it's normally updated quick. there's been 2 small ones in the last hour in the north of california hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I don't think your daughter in San Diego is that close to the poster. She said she is SE of Glendora. Glendora is closer to Los Angeles than SD, and SE probably mean a few miles SE of this city. My guess anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

My grandmother and sister are also down there in the Oceanside area but to me when I saw the rainbows it looked to be more around the Ontario airport area, more inland than south. I wouldn't worry too much as I said I know nothing of geology, I just wanted to post what I saw so people could be more aware if something does happen. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that, I was actually a bit frighted when I saw what looked to be two suns.

To be more specific there was the sun 10 inches of sky below it from the horizon, and just to the right maybe 20 - 30 inches of sky (from a persons perspective) there was another bright sun (like blindingly bright, but smaller and not quite as bright as the sun, then it began to fade until there was nothing but the rainbows. The rainbows were small circular, say maybe 3 - 4 inches diameter of sky, tiny compared to the onee you see after rain stoms, and these were isolated to that one small spot in the sky where the "second sun" was.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RisingForce

Sorry to go off topic a bit i keep a regular eye on this site has anyone else brought up that compared to the rest of the world it appears that your planes seem to be having a bit of difficulty. there seems to be about 36 air related incidents however small compared to what looks like 0 elsewhere.Also they have lost their volcano feed?

I hope life goes on unchanged in cali for all you guys

hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 25-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: adding info

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I noticed this morning there were a lot of airplane incidents. Some aren't too recent and when you click on them they all say that the airplane type is an A-10 Thunderbolt. Obviously some type of glitch.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Yeah i just looked into the details the only thing is there are varying casualties so cant be just the one incident possibly some training or something.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I read a week or two ago that a Florida airport had to re paint it's line due to the magnetic north moving twords Russia. Distubances in the magnetic field could cause problems to GPS, compasses and the technology that relies on them. That's all I have heard.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I pray there is not an earthquake there today. My daugter lives near LA..Pretty interesting about the rainbows. I have never noticed that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looks like the San Jacinto fault is gearing up for something. If I'm not mistaken it was very active from 1915 to 54 (5 fairly big ones), then just stopped producing big ones. Seems it has been building up tension for quite some time. If you look on the USGS earthquake map, you will notice some small localized earthquakes within the past week very close to where the OP said the anomalies are occurring.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

I don't know any science or proof that earthquakes happen after you see these, I've just seen pictures and video from Haiti, China and Indonesia that looked the same as what I saw. Here is one of the links if your interested, they call them earthquakes lights, I guess.

Sichuan, China
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Interesting to say the least..Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I first heard about the rainbows after the Haiti quake - very interesting. I have a lot of friends in California - I am concerned. Take care California - I love ya!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why is it that Volcano Activity Report has stopped? The website says:

Service Stopped The volcano information system has been shut down. Our information source we use has ceased, so the EDIS RSOE own information and monitoring system development has begun.

I tried to get more information from the USGS (Link to USGS) about the Yellowstone volcanic activity (just curious after this recent bulge), they provided a link here:
Plate Boundary Observatory

Which makes no sense to me.
edit on 25-1-2011 by flyingviolet because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Firstly i hope all you brothers and sisters across the pond stay safe and nothing happens.

Here is a link about Earthquake Lights:

Earthquake Lights

And here are some pictures:

Are these anything like you saw..?

MooseVernel

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The san andreas fault has no care who lives where in california...If it was to be triggered it will take all of california, oregon, washington, utah, out. remember the song, oceanfront property in arizona? ya i believe that song was intentional to the san andreas fault.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

I tried to view earthquake activity from the site I haev always used ASL:, just know when i went to it, i cant get to the graphics page that show where all the earthquakes in the entire world are occuring, I keep being sent back to the main page...weird right

<<   2 >>

join