It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pianist Plays Anti American Tune At Obama's State Dinner for China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The Epoch Times

Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online. Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”

The film depicts a group of “People’s Volunteer Army” soldiers who are first hemmed in at Shanganling (or Triangle Hill) and then, when reinforcements arrive, take up their rifles and counterattack the U.S. military “jackals".

("jackals" are the US military in the song)
More at The Epoch Times.

When the pianist was asked why he chose that song he said that it can help the Chinese people, feel extremely proud. The story goes on to say that the Chinese Delegation almost certainly knew about the choice of the song in advance but it is unknown if the Obama administration knew. The song, titled My Motherland”, having been played at the White House will be seen as a propaganda triumph in China and as an insult to the USA.

I .. I ... I don't know what to say to this. IF the article is true - and it looks at this point as if it is - then
We (the USA) sure got walked all over with this state visit. Hu got wined and dined and bowed to .. and then this is just a cherry on top of a very ugly dessert that he served us up. China owns America ... can there be any doubt? No.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe Obama didn't bow low enough this time?
The man has no backbone. (Not needed second line.)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Got to love the current imagine of the U.S.Of A. I guess this is what the people of the Left, the anti war supports, people with White guilt, just guilt it's self and so forth wanted in the White House.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well I am a fan of Lang Lang. I suppose I don't really know his intentions, but I highly doubt any sinister intent. It sure was a pretty song.

I can see where the OP is coming from, but I think this might a slight overreaction.

We display American pride at the expense of foreigners everyday. Although I am not aware of an example of the same nature as this state dinner, I would not be surprised to learn of one.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Related articles ....

Photos Show That Chairman Hu's Welcomers Were Paid

When Chinese Chairman Hu Jintao came to Washington, his reception had been planned with great care—not only by the White House, but the Chinese Embassy too.

The embassy put the word out to its network of front groups to mobilize: thousands of students and others would descend on the capital, their transportation and food would be covered, and they would be paid between $20 and $80.

Chinese Embassy Pays Students to Welcome ‘Chairman Hu’

Students and front groups used to keep protestors out of sight.

Chinese officials do not want the welcoming ceremonies for Hu Jintao to appear like top-down directives, according to Boxun, a Chinese website based outside China. An official from the education division from the Chinese Consulate in Chicago told students at a recent meeting, according to Boxun: “If you run into journalists trying to interview you, just say you came spontaneously to do the welcome, and paid for all your own costs

AGAIN .. IF IF these stories are true .. then we all just got served up a nasty helping of propaganda pie .. Chinese style. Nothing has changed with that countrys leadership and way of doing things. It's all a front and a lie. And our tax money paid for the state visit at our end. :shk:

Oh .. one last thing .. FREE TIBET!!
There .. I said it. The Communists made sure the signs weren't seen in DC.
But I can still say it here .. (for now anyways).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

In your face America! Ha-ha-ha! So sweet!
Chinese do have a good sense of humor!

link   

Originally posted by Marulo
Well I am a fan of Lang Lang. I suppose I don't really know his intentions, but I highly doubt any sinister intent. It sure was a pretty song. .

SIDE NOTE .. I love your avatar!!

The music itself is very nice. Great tune. BUT .. The intent of the song is very important and can't be over stated. You don't go to a state dinner in another country and strike up a tune in 'the people's house' .. a tune that calls their military 'jackels' and calls for killing them .. ya' know?

I haven't seen any info that can debate those facts. I hope the story is wrong.
But so far it looks to be correct.

link   
Does the talks with China remind anybody else of the Japanese Peace Talks just before World War 2?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Bottom line, Obama got bamboozled and hoodwinked.
Not the first time, won't be the last.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hahahahahahah!

Too humorous!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maybe he played it just to piss people off, because it amused him to do so.
Many musicians, myself included, have a tendency to do stuff like that.

Either way, it seems kinda tactless to me.
edit on 23-1-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I myself have not seen the lyrics. If what you say is true, then I certainly understand what you are saying.

Of course it does not look good. I suppose what I meant was we are finally receiving a spoon-full of our own medicine.

Edit: Thank you for the avatar comment :]
edit on 23-1-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Maybe he played it just to piss people off, because it amused him to do so.

When asked he said it was so that the Chinese people could be proud.
And considering what is being said about the music selection ... I'm sure the communist party certainly is.
I'm sure some musicians in some cases will play with the music just to get a rise out of people.
But a state dinner between two superpowers isn't the place to do that.
Not unless you have absolutely no respect for the one of the parties involved.
In this case .. no respect for the host .. either Obama or the USA. (or both)

** IF the story is accurate .. and as I said .. so far I haven't seen anything to counter it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Damn. Ashton Kucher should have popped out and announced "you got punk'd!"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think about those rounded up, as they wear their winter clothes, a hand made sweater, a leather coat, standing at the walls of a grave, in full sunlight. And then I consider the bullets piercing the heads, shot by uniformed goons in stylish, wide, sunglasses. Sometimes I reach for a guitar.

In full sunlight.

Don't they know what this means?

science.nasa.gov...

edit on 23-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We need some Anti-Chinese songs to get back at them!!!

Hrrmmm...

Maybe, we can get Kanye and Wayne to preform a couple of their auto-tune songs featuring the Dahlia Llama next time we decide to roll into the corporate-toxic-waste-dump that is China. That sure will piss em off..

edit on 23-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My state dinner would have the songs, "Dixie" and "I am a good ol Rebel."

Hurray for China for thumbing their nose at the Syndicate's operation!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I heard they also went pee-pee in Obama's soup

2nd line

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Laughing so much I was incapable of giving you an S & F. Managed it now.

What a propaganda coup!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join