It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pianist Plays Anti American Tune At Obama's State Dinner for China

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

LOL, I'd rather have my president bow to a leader than to MAKE OUT with one on the White House lawn and then go holding hands like lovers all over.

Haha!!!!
Are you talking about Bachi Boy Bush and the Saudi King?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Before this gets off topic. Just wanted to throw up a quote from the youtube link provided in the OP.

"Overreacting! I am a Chinese and I grew up with this song. It is a beautiful song. If you look at the lyrics, it is all about our beautiful country and didn't mention United States or Americans at all."

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
China, Britian, America all property of the Rothschilds

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alittleironic
Here is my understanding --- Obama is a muslim and believes that anyone who believes in any other religion is heathen and a heretic obviouslly not worthy of sharing the same planetary space as him - so im sure Obama and his administration knew what sort of insults the chinese had planned --- look at the state of the country - who is at fault the population who are out working, creating, continuing the american dream or --- the parties who lead us - taking from us for nothing(taxation without representation) --- slowly removing our freedoms ( Nazi Style) , creating a failure in our economy and shaking hands with communists who are our new best friends and wonderful good business partners --- tank u very much... Im chinese, I play joke... I put Pee Pee in your Coke... What happened to the day when America was a force to be reckoned with, and not a farse to be riduculed ?

Well, America will continue to be a "farse to be riduculed", when it has people in it, who evidently believe in the teeth of the evidence that Obama is a Muslim! Of course he isn't.
This thread is full of racism and xenophobia..
Vicky

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All it is is the Chinese National Anthem which should be played as "The Star Spangled Banner" was also played as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Who said she would "turn it all around?" All I said was America will eventually become prosperous again, time after time history has showed us that. I dont care if it's 10 years from now or 50, America will eventually be a true world leader again.

Not that im thinking my country will be better than yours though, because I believe one day we're all going to look at our existence from an outside view, we as a world and species are great. Countries may divide us but we're all the same.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyruay
China, Britian, America all property of the Rothschilds

OFFTOPIC

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is getting rather stupid. Even my wife (who is chinese) knows nothing about this song being anti-American. The way i see it is the people moaning and crying like babies is because they can't stand the fact that China will be the next super power, and that scares them because they have only known America to be number one.

So what does that mean? That means every opportunity they get, they will run, insult, and play the country down.I wish for the day when we can all live in peace

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeah ... um ... I got all that at the opening. But facts speak differently then the spin.

Asia One News

BEIJING - Chinese web users are acclaiming pianist Lang Lang's choice of tune for a White House state dinner given in honour of President Hu Jintao - a patriotic theme song from an anti-US war film.

The 28-year-old Chinese virtuoso, who divides his time between China and the United States, has given no indication that he was aware of the nationalistic tinge to his choice at last Wednesday's dinner entertainment. But web users in China hailed Lang Lang as a true patriot for playing "My Motherland", the theme of a famous 1956 Chinese film called "Battle on Shangganling Mountain" set during the Korean War. The movie of the Battle of Triangle Hill, as it became known, features Chinese troops enduring huge hardship before reinforcements arrive and rout their American enemies.

"It's deeply meaningful to play this in the United States, but I don't know if the Americans can understand? Ha ha," one web user said on leading portal sina.com.

Yep .. ha ha ha on us. :shk:

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
I hate to degrade anyone but if you are seriously "offended" by a pianist playing a song, "anti-American" or not, then you are a LOSER. Plain and simple.

:shk: Back atchya slick. :shk:

Originally posted by Vicky32
This thread is full of racism and xenophobia..

Where? Actually, this thread has a bunch of people who are blind to the fact that they were just dis'd by China .. at a state dinner in the White House ... all because they live in their own version of happy land in their pollyanna brains.

edit on 1/25/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ABC News - White House says Chinese Folk Song Played During State Dinner was not an Insult ... Experts Divided

White House spokesman Tommy Vietor told ABC News that “any suggestion that this was an insult to the United States is just flat wrong.

Um .. sorry Tommy ... but even Chinese news and bloggers are saying it is hysterically funny that it was played at the White House during a state dinner for China. They acknowledge the meaning and are laughing at the USA because of it.

The 'experts' (whatever makes a person an 'expert' in this field??) are divided on this ...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Um .. sorry Tommy ... but even Chinese news and bloggers are saying it is hysterically funny that it was played at the White House during a state dinner for China. They acknowledge the meaning and are laughing at the USA because of it.

Hang on - the story you posted isn't Chinese - it's an AFP story. And the story is reporting on a couple of comments posted on a site called sina.com.

So that's neither bloggers or news - that's anonymous people commenting on a news story. About the same as someone posting a nasty comment on the NY Times website.

Epoch Times - the rag that broke the story - is intensely anti PRC. The last time Hu was in the states, they sent a "reporter" to heckle him in the middle of his speech. (back in 2008). They're the only ones who have something to gain from this story getting traction - it's my suspicion that they've got sock puppets leaving comments to get this story to stick in the USA.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeah ... um ... I got all that at the opening. But facts speak differently then the spin.

Asia One News

BEIJING - Chinese web users are acclaiming pianist Lang Lang's choice of tune for a White House state dinner given in honour of President Hu Jintao - a patriotic theme song from an anti-US war film.

"Chines web users" ???

OK ...for those in the dark on the issue see "50 centers"...China is one of the few places on the globe where paid political posters are KNOWN for a certaintity to exist in huge numbers. They are called the "50 centers" because they are paid 50 chinese cents per post. They are members of the communist party and opposed to the capitalistic movement in China...thus they do whatever they can to erode relations with the USA that could bring further capitalism to China.

Get it?

The 50 Centers are a government trained and sponsored group of internet commentators who engage in astroturfing on behalf of the Chinese government. “Astroturfing” for the uninitiated, is a term used to describe the public relations campaigns that are designed to look like grassroots movements; however in reality they are extensively planned by PR managers, or in this case government officials. The term “50 Cent Party” was originally coined by the BBC in reference to the pay that each member of the 50 Cent Party receives per post (50 mao/ Chinese cents). Although the total number of 50 Centers is not actually known speculation places their total numbers as low as 12,000 and as high as 300,000.

digitrends.proferochina.com...

China’s Guerrilla War for the Web

They have been called the “Fifty Cent Party,” the “red vests” and the “red vanguard.” But China’s growing armies of Web commentators—instigated, trained and financed by party organizations—have just one mission: to safeguard the interests of the Communist Party by infiltrating and policing a rapidly growing Chinese Internet. They set out to neutralize undesirable public opinion by pushing pro-Party views through chat rooms and Web forums, reporting dangerous content to authorities.

By some estimates, these commentary teams now comprise as many as 280,000 members nationwide, and they show just how serious China’s leaders are about the political challenges posed by the Web. More importantly, they offer tangible clues about China’s next generation of information controls—what President Hu Jintao last month called “a new pattern of public-opinion guidance.”

It was around 2005 that party leaders started getting more creative about how to influence public opinion on the Internet...

www.danwei.org...

BTW if you want to spot "50 centers" on ATS...scan over some of the Tibet threads. You will see different Pro-China posters who joined just to post, used identical wording, had poor comm skills and went overboard in similiar claims of the Dali Lhama being a genocidal maniac etc.

edit on 25-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmm mysterious Chinese Blogs that are talking about the link the song has to Anti-Americanism.....well point me to these blogs. I'd love to see em. Somehow I doubt there is very much to that...probably a claim of such, but I doubt the blogs, exist, or if there are such blogs, then there is likely only a few....which considering how many people are in China, I'm sure you can find just about any Idea being expressed if you look hard enough. I will gladly take that back, however if you can point me to the blogs (and not just another 'claim' that such blogs exist. Also I'm not sure if you read MY post all the way through. If you had you would see why I am saying most Chinese probably don't even know where the song came from. Its Wiki Quote at the end of my message....let me quote it again, with emphasis by me on certain words this time. [START QUOTE] Although the song was written for the movie about Korean War in 1950s, there is no mention of the war at all. It describes a soldier (or anyone who is away from home) thinking about his home and his family.Thus, this song is extremely popular even when the movie itself is almost forgotten.
[END QUOTE]
edit on 25-1-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: I said "logs" instead of "blogs"......twice!

edit on 25-1-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: This time I noticed I had a written a certain line out twice and forgotten to write another line completely!!!.....Man...I iz dum un stuf!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join