It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Pianist Plays Anti American Tune At Obama's State Dinner for China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is hilarious!! Not really an insult, more like a friendly poke.

The yanks have never been that good at showmanship. Remember Sputnik? Despite being vastly inferior, they made the world think that Russsia owned the heavens.

Outwitted at every turn when it came to propaganda, glad to see the Chinese are having a turn too.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This penist needs his credentials and public funding pulled. I would put the IRS on him at every turn. The minute the song started, the curtain should have come down. How come nobody knew what he was going to play? The government can micro manage the lives of its citizens, but it cannot manage the entertainment at a State dinner?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That song is about as anti American as Kid Rock's 'Born Free'. What is the big deal here?

Thanks for putting the lyrics up Puterman.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

American patriotism is no different than Chinese patriotism. I have read many American Patriots posts right here in ATS, dissing China and praising the US in every way possible.

IMHO, good for the Chinese Musician, and good for you to take an offense

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

The only thing you said correctly is that china makes junk.

Sorry to burst your one sided bubble, but most of what china sends into the USA gets sold in a 99cent store, because as you said yourself, it is junk, Americans are not going to pay top dollar for junk. We will seek out the best products and pay whatever it takes for it.

I can't believe that you think we need china to make our clothes, that is just tooooo funny. I haven't worn a product made in china in years, when I did it was for it's aesthetic benefits, not price or maker, it was a silk shirt with a beaded bird on it. But it fell apart after just wearing it once.

Every country has it's beauty, and it's fallacies. Stop showing your racist hatred of other countrymen.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Lang Lang is crazy, he plays that irritating music in the opening video of Gran Turismo 5! :S....saw him play the piano once with an orange. Obama deserved it!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Awesome. Whoever this seriously offends needs to lighten up. Can't hear anyone than overly Patriotic bigots getting mad at this one

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And if anyone thinks this song was chosen ‘just by chance’?
LOL
Just say ‘Baaaaaaa’ like a good sheep.
China does NOTHING by ‘just chance’...

peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
China steals and copies everything that is not nailed down. They have not done anything technologically original in hundreds of years. You go into a software shop in China and you are not buying software licensed by the original copyright holders. You are in fact buying illegal copies. Same thing with music, musical instruments, books, movies. Among musicians illegal Chinese copies of Gibson guitars are notorious. I do not buy cheap Chinese goods. Nothing I own is made in China if I can help it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

First of all.......the PC you are using is probably made in China, Your freaking IPOD is made in China, Almost all American electronics are assembled in ASIA!. Your damn NIKES and half the sneakers you own are made in China or Vietnam and most designer clothes anyways (the cheap ones at least...Marc Ecko etc) are MADE IN CHINA! SO YES A LOT OF AMERICA'S CLOTHING IS MADE IN CHINA!

China is capable of producing high quality products as well. Why do all these large corporations prefer to make goods in China? because of the cheap labor. I'm sorry but you're post was ignorant and really annoyed me (I'm not Chinese).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This thread seems more like an excuse to do some Obama bashing than anything else.

First off, the song is not "anti-american" anymore than "This Land is Your Land" is anti-Chinese. For people to twist it into an "anti-american" song they must have a reason, and they do: Since Obama was there, if they convince people that Obama got slapped in the face by China, then he'll appear weak!!

This is gutter politics.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

First of all.......the PC you are using is probably made in China, Your freaking IPOD is made in China, Almost all American electronics are assembled in ASIA!. Your damn NIKES and half the sneakers you own are made in China or Vietnam and most designer clothes anyways (the cheap ones at least...Marc Ecko etc) are MADE IN CHINA! SO YES A LOT OF AMERICA'S CLOTHING IS MADE IN CHINA!
reply to post by Serizawa

The PC I am on is made by IBM, 'IBM and nicknamed "Big Blue" (for its official corporate color), is a multinational computer technology and IT consulting corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, United States'

'With over 388,000 employees worldwide, IBM is one of the largest and most profitable information technology employers in the world. IBM holds more patents than any other U.S. based technology company '

I personally do not wear clothes made in China. I don't know a lot of anyone who does. I don't go for Nike or other expensive tennis shoes, not my thing. Designer clothes, also not my thing.

I do not own an Ipod or any other cell phone, I personally opt out of the cancer causing technology offered up to the public at a breakneck speed. I like my American made land line thank you.

I am not so unusual in my choices either. Many people I know make the conscious choice to by American.

But you are right, China does make a lot of stuff to sell to America and other countries. That doesn't mean we have to buy it, or that we need or want it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I believe IBM's think pad was acquired by Lenovo (A Chinese company), they manufactured a couple of desktops for IBM as well. There is a high possibility that most parts in your laptop such as the processor, motherboard etc are made in China. I think the only thing American about your computer is its name. As for the Nike's and other clothing brands manufactured in China, loads of people in the US wear them.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

True, a lot of people , for the most part, black people, really dig wearing brand name expensive tennis shoes. And IBM may very well pay some company in China to make parts for it's computers and whatever else the produce.

None of the products are neccessities however. They are toys and unabashed unashamed displays of personal gain, by the user of the product though, not the maker. IF these products were not produced, the only one that would be hurt by it is China.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

You mean TAIWAN. That is where all the motherboard mfgs are. If our State Department had any balls they would insist on parity with Communist China when it comes to goods sold there. They would insist that the counterfeiting stopped and that all applicable royalties are paid to western companies when their goods are sold in Communist China. Our government must know about the situation that has to be costing western companies billions of dollars in sales each year. They stole our jobs, they stole our technology, they are stealing money from us like no tomorrow, yet Obama smiles and bows like a DRUNKEN MONKEY.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
hahahahah to anybody that thinks china owns anything besides what great britian and the us governments say they can own!!! look at the facts our military is 2 generations ahead of thiers that we let the public know about and we have earth altering weapons..they have 1 prototype stealthfighter that hasnt been proven in any shape or form..we have more than enough in our reserves to pay them off in full with multitudes of countrys lookin to by the bonds we'd free up by doing so

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Haha of course China has its cons as well, They get away with way too much counterfeiting. America are China's best consumers and we gotta hand it to them for the hard work they've spent over the last three decades to get where they are today. As for the motherboards you got fairly new corporations such as Foxconn and Gigabyte (Also made by Foxconn) making 90% of IBM motherboards. One thing we gotta all remember is that the Chinese would always be willing to do a job Americans wouldn't, No matter how dirty or tiring it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Upon looking into to it some more I see that even the most popular shoes in America, Skechers, are outsourced to China to be manufactured.

Van's, the most popular internationally known and loved skating shoes, also outsourced to 'overseas' in 1994 to be manufactured.

Ugg Boots, the popular Australian boots, third most popular, is made in Australia, however their own website warns of rip-offs, and in great detail shows the consumer how to tell the difference, and why you would not want to by anything but the real deal.

So looks like china definately makes a lot of shoes that are bought in America and many other countries, that being said, the Companies, the ones making the most money off Skechers, and Van's, are owned by citizens in the USA. So what is happening here, is that jobs are being provided in China, and the big money made off the shoes is sent right back to the USA to the company owners.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join