It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann Announces He's Leaving MSNBC !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK -- Keith Olbermann is leaving MSNBC and has announced that Friday's "Countdown" show will be his last.

MSNBC issued a statement Friday that it had ended its contract with the the controversial host, with no further explanation. Olbermann hosted the network's top-rated show, but his combative liberal opinions often made him a target of critics.

Olbermann did not say why he was leaving.

He was suspended without pay from the network for two days in November for donating to three Democratic candidates, which violated NBC News' policy on political donations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Serves him right. Good riddence. I bet he has a very hard time finding any meaningful work in public TV again.

He is an disgrace to the broadcasting profession.

This action by NBC was a long time coming. They just had to wait for the right moment.

10 to 1 Madcow will be next.

Maybe they can get a gig at Fox.... not.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cool, now if we can get Sean Hannity to quit FOX News, it will balance things out a bit.

I have to admit, Olberman tended to get on my nerves, I don't like it when someone is THAT biased.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Can't say I'll miss him. I thought they were crazy when they put him on election coverage. I guess I was right.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I really liked him at first then he sorta took off to deep left field over the fence and threw the parking lot....

I think him and Alex Jones were separated at birth.....

Him and Glen Beck or OrRielly should do a pay per view kick boxing special...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

OMG! OMG OMG. anyone who buys anything what ANY of them are selling is foolish. Silly post, who cares.

CJ

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK -- Keith Olbermann is leaving MSNBC and has announced that Friday's "Countdown" show will be his last.

MSNBC issued a statement Friday that it had ended its contract with the the controversial host, with no further explanation. Olbermann hosted the network's top-rated show, but his combative liberal opinions often made him a target of critics.

Olbermann did not say why he was leaving.

He was suspended without pay from the network for two days in November for donating to three Democratic candidates, which violated NBC News' policy on political donations.

Isn't there a position open in the obama admin for press secretary?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Isn't there a position open in the obama admin for press secretary?

He would be much better than Robert Gibbs, for sure. At least Olbermann can think on his feet, he was much better at sports coverage though.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm curious to hear the real reason. He was the biggest ratings draw for a network with very low viewership and he can be as biased as he wants to be. His show is commentary after all.

There has to some other reason than simple bias. That was the point of his show. It's the point of all of these commentary shows whether it's Maddow, Stewart, Beck, Ed whatever his name is or any of them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The man is a disgrace...Come to think of it, I would apply that tag to the entire MSM...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Good bye and good luck! It serves him right, one of the most blowhard commentators out there. He must have urinated in one to many people's Cheerios? Well, there is an opening at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. since Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs, is departing. At least in that capacity, he doesn't have to pretend to be objective on political issues. If anyone wore their political leanings on their arm it was Olbermann. At least the commentators on the right come out and tell everyone what they represent. He tried to make his show appear to be fair, but my goodness was their biased commentary being spewed from his mouth at every waking moment. I can't say I will miss him. Perhaps, he can see if his good buddies at ESPN can give him a job doing the play-by-play at high school basketball games or something? He was once a sports announcer.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So,,, of the 11 viewers of MSNBC, I think two might notice he's gone, but they'd have to double check their IV's are still in their arms and dripping and check to be sure their still breathing or it won't count and then no one will have noticed he's gone.

edit on 21-1-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Olbermann is a good guy, not perfect like you guys here but he was overall a humanitarian who spoke for policies in the political realm that helped poor and middle class people.

Unless the folks here are all rich, then he fought on his show for YOU!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He's like the left's Glenn Beck. Not that I care if he lost his show, or Beck, or Hannity, or Maddow, or...
It'd be a great day when the MSM shuts down completely.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, now that he is gone.... We only have... Well the rest of the unneeded, opinionated, extremist pseudo journalists that plague the news anymore. Get rid of them all. That goes for MSNBC, CNN, Fox News and on and on and on.

Bring in people who know what news is... That know how journalism works... That know that your opinion is irrelevant to the news....

For god sake, is it that hard to find people who just report the facts of each story, and don't feel the uncontrollable urge to force their opinions down the throat of Americans? Can we not find anyone who is capable of keeping their filthy spin off of a story?

Just report the facts and let the people make up their own minds.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

From what I have seen on CNN, it most likely revolves around MSNBC being bought by a new parent company in addition to the departure of MSNBC's president, who shielded Olberman. Since he left, and the new parent company has a different management style, his departure was gonna happen sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The first Olbermann sighting.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

He can always go back to where he started from, which is to say being a sports reporter. Since he worked for ESPN as well as the Fox Sports Network and CNN and CBS in California and ABC, and now alienated MSNBC that leaves..... well... uhm... errm...well there is always foreign media...

I'm not sure whats funnier, the fact he hated working for MSNBC so bad that he left to work for Fox Sports, or the fact he left Fox and went back to work for MSNBC. He has a history when it comes to opinions on politics and pissing people off.

Olberman has seen more bridgework than the River Kwai ever did.

Maybe its that 6th spinal vertebrea he has.... either that or a gypsy put a curse on his family..

Keith Olberman - The one man bridge demolation team
edit on 22-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I wonder if perhaps his comments about Senator Joe Lieberman had anything to do with it.

www.rawstory.com...

"The end of the line for Joe Lieberman, self-described 'moderate Democrat,'" Olbermann began his show by announcing. "Don`t let the delusional liar door hit you in the delusional liar butt on the delusional liar way out."

That sure would have rattled some cages.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Comcast bought NBC. This was their first executive announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if his departure wasn't part of the deal.

Good riddance, Next to get the boot are Maddow and Matthews.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join