It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann Announces He's Leaving MSNBC !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well there is a God after all.

He wasn't even a good sportscaster. The CNN article mentions how "difficult" he was to work with. No! Really! He never seemed angry or self centered on that little show of his. There must have been some confusion.

www.cnn.com...

Next up might be that young man named Maddow or something. He may be the next to fall as this wannabe network attempts to retool itself.

Becker

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the Network?

This is mimicking the story line of that film. A big conglomeration buys out the Network, and their news ratings are low so they switch to straight opinionated commentary etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I ask you: Have you ever seen Rachel Maddow and Ronald Reagan Jr. in the same room together?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6096452634d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fa359be7e6e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
He didn't LEAVE ... he was FIRED! 'Leave' is Oblahblah spin to cover that fact up.

GOOD. He was a useless sheeple-shill. Not worth 7 Million Dollars a year.
Too bad he didn't Chris Matthews with him.
Both of them are absurd, obviously have problems, and seem ready to 'pop' at any moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Dude, you deserve a freaking flag for that one buddy!!!! Made my morning. lol

Star for sure.

Edit to add this from Drudge Report-Saturday morning after...

NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN. 20, 2011

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,918,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,079,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,786,000
FOXNEWS BECK 1,780,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,460,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,106,000
CNN PIERS 1,025,000
MSNBC MADDOW 976,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 855,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 760,000
CNN COOPER 740,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 700,000

Lets be honest.... The numbers tell the real story.
edit on 1/22/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,918,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,079,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,786,000
FOXNEWS BECK 1,780,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,460,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,106,000
CNN PIERS 1,025,000
MSNBC MADDOW 976,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 855,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 760,000
CNN COOPER 740,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 700,000

The problem with your list? None of these are actually news, these are opinion shows. The problem with opinion shows is, they are OPINION.

People need to understand the difference between Opinion shows, and News Broadcasts. Opinion shows classify under infotainment, and should not be confused with a News Broadcast which actually reports news.

The top one O'Reilly, it's an opinion show, I know his catch phrase is "The No Spin Zone" but does anyone actually buy that load of crap? If you do, you should be ashamed of yourself for being so gullible.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree 100% with what you wrote.... well maybe 99%.

Because we weren't discussing news and those numbers were indicated to be reflecting the news company ratings.

They are all Talk/Opinion rating w/ the company they air on-as you stated- As was/is Olbermann-MSNBC. I think we are on track here.

But again, you do make the proper split between the two.

Or, are you saying you consider Olbermann a news person?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Looks like the new ownership is taking out the trash. Good for them. The guy was the political equivalent of a crap throwing monkey.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
MSNBC must have said we're cutting back on the "vitriol", and Olbermann must have realized he'd have nothing to say if he couldn't be really nasty.

Yo, Keith. Don't let the screen door hit you on the a$$ on the way out!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Becker44

I ask you: Have you ever seen Rachel Maddow and Ronald Reagan Jr. in the same room together?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6096452634d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fa359be7e6e.gif[/atsimg]

Seperated at birth?

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank God we have eliminated opposing views
now we can concentrate on going further right in our theocracy.

Olberman, how dare you call out right wing extremism and give a voice to left views.

To think. You started your crap career criticising Bush's desire to go into Iraq. That right there shows your anti-american standpoint
Then you criticised patriotism about how we must remain in iraq forever! How dare you sir, how dare you. Your leftist hippy propaganda has no place in America. We are a country built on following the presidents every move without question...

Then Obama came, and you spoke well of his move towards transparency, The government should never be transparent! Then you rallied against Obama when he was not being transparent! Again your anti-americanism shows.

Olberman, you sir, should quit (oh, you did), for not being right wing! Your days of supporting wikileaks and demanding corporate interests be shown in the politicians they own are over.

God Bless America! Get them damn government hating fools out of muh fox!

Next Up, Maddow. She is blatantly exposing hypocracy and corruption in our government and corporate practices. How dare she?!!
She is also lesbian!

I am totally with you lot...lets all rally against anyone whom exposes a point of view with facts. Since when has facts ever helped anyone! Facts have a liberal agenda!

(This post brought to you by Goldline)
edit on 22-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: Advertisments

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I never liked him so I never watched him...he is as much of a clown as Beck and Hannity are.

Sooo...when will Beck and Hannity leave their network???

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I believe you are finally seeing the light! It's OK we're an accepting group. Come on....cross the line. ..come to the right.....Thata boy........Feels better doesn't it?

I agree with your post. There's no room left for liberal hippies. Most of them have moved to France.

Welcome aboard!

Becker
edit on 22-1-2011 by Becker44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I never liked him so I never watched him...he is as much of a clown as Beck and Hannity are.

Sooo...when will Beck and Hannity leave their network???

No silly. Beck and Hannity is right wing views. pro-corporatism views... Gods views.

They can freely not only contribute, but even actively use their shows to raise money for political office.
That is how God intends. The right must have murdock's australian desires promoting with spin and paranoia, and opposing views must be squashed and laughed at.

Why do you hate America soo much with such questions?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I love the "lol low viewers!" argument.

'Cause you know, popularity is a sign of quality. Ask Kim Kardashian, she knows.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by guohua

I love the "lol low viewers!" argument.

'Cause you know, popularity is a sign of quality. Ask Kim Kardashian, she knows.

Jersey Shore = highest quality considering ratings.

Yep.

The more viewers there are, the better it clearly is.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
God forbid we hold ourselves accountible for our own actions. Anyone who makes decisions based on Olberman, Hannity, Beck or Maddow should be hit in the head with a tack hammer.

Listen, do research, make up your own mind. Blaming Olberman, Beck, Hannity or MAtthews for the mess we are in is about as useful as Nepal having a navy.

Olbermann is a jack ass.
Beck is a jack ass
Matthews is a jack ass
Maddow is a jack ass

No secret to anyone, and no surprise either.

Who cares where olberman goes or why is left. What impact does it have on the job market? Reigning in spending? reducing the debt, energy independace.

Its as if this type of media has risen to the level of religion in terms of divisiveness and the refusal to find a middle ground.

If people actually took a more personal intrest, instead of adopting a talkings heads viewpoint on TV, we might be a completely different situation.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What you don’t understand is that things break down in politics to the reality of issues.

A guy like Olbermann who supports issues that impact favorable on lower and middle class people is a hero to the middle class based on the issues, not personalities

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Won't miss him at all. Watched him a few times and found him to be very arrogant and condescending, which seems to be a big problem with people who work for the MSN. Just heard that Sheppard Smith is also leaving FOX. Won't miss him either.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What?! Shep is leaving? I like him. And who doesn't love bears?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join