It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to believe, but you people make it really difficult.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This thread is full of very smart people discussing a fascinating subject. I do agree that the extraterrestrial presence argument will not be solved on a ATS thread. But I personally have not found any other site where this topic is discussed and debated with some seriousness. We are not here to change minds, we are here because we seek our own answers. The more this site grows, the more attention is focused on the subject. I am sorry this site "Is not what it used to be". I just look at it like this. Somebody knows something. The more comfortable a person gets, the more they will be willing to share. Kick back, the water is warm. Can't wait to see who will jump in next.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
See what I do is take in what the more experianced insite and put it in and take it from there --- And its up to you!!
But what they said above is true...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If you truly want to believe, then start reading, its the only way you can get the true picture of the UFO/ET issue.

Oh, for what its worth, see my signature below, nuff said...........

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

www.abovetopsecret.com... and you'll see a different potential reason for Phage to depart.

Ahhhh, more to the story
Thanks for the link

I will read thru this this evening, although I commented in it, I had not followed it's growth.
edit on 21-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I loved this thread. I am headed to the library today. Before the disinformation began.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for posting that link, I've not seen that thread.

Wow! That's food for thought. I've lways been sceptical about ET's visiting Earth, but now ........(I'm now sitting here trying to make myself not believe)

edit: ok i've had a few vodkas and will review when sober, just incase I can't edit that leter.

edit on 21-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Personally I think the forum should be split into two. One forum for theories, etc, the other for nothing but sightings, possible evidence, etc. This place is far too crammed up with what people think, and a lot of it is just so out there that it probably puts people off. I started looking around here the beginning of this year and loved it for a week or so, then it started to get a bit tiresome. If a forum would be dedicated to vids/pics of what people are seeing and all the other types of threads got put into another it might be a lot easier for people to decide whether or not there's really something to this.

For instance, threads on :

Pics, videos, government info, government stances on ufo's, info from seti, ufologists, astrobiologists, etc. Anything but what we here think, put all that into another forum and let us argue amongst ourselves in there.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Essence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

"YOU" are "You" People!!! I am sorry if I have disturbed your quest. Perhaps there are other topics on the forum that we can agree on or at least respect one another's ideas on.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

did not look at it in that way nor think of it how true, thank's

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Essence

well it is your idea run with it post it board biz and see you can start one just a thought.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Essence

well it is your idea run with it post it board biz and see you can start one just a thought.

Sorry? You mean post in the site suggestions forum or something?

Seen what you mean now. Would do but I can't make a thread with this amount of posts, and aren't spamming just to get to 20 or whatever it is. If anyone else wants to make one suggesting it feel free to, or I'll maybe do it myself when I have enough posts. I doubt the site owners will really be bothered, but maybe worth a try.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essence
put all that into another forum and let us argue amongst ourselves in there

Doesn't matter where you put it... the arguments will continue. In most threads with good info, you only need to read the first two pages to get the facts. After that it usually breaks down into believer/debunker slug fests. So just skim through and see if there are any other good bits added then move on.

Once in a while we get lucky and a good topic runs many pages... these are usually threads that really cannot be debunked, so the noise vs signal ratio is better

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Seen what you mean now. Would do but I can't make a thread with this amount of posts,

Well it doesn't take spamming or hard work to get to 20 posts
You already have 10. Just look up a few threads and make some intelligent replies. You will get there... and your subject will wait for you

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

put all that into another forum and let us argue amongst ourselves in there

Doesn't matter where you put it... the arguments will continue. In most threads with good info, you only need to read the first two pages to get the facts. After that it usually breaks down into believer/debunker slug fests. So just skim through and see if there are any other good bits added then move on.

Once in a while we get lucky and a good topic runs many pages... these are usually threads that really cannot be debunked, so the noise vs signal ratio is better

Yeah, was meaning to basically try and cut a huge amount of the arguing out of a potential forum that just has possible evidence, etc. I know there's no hope at all in stopping the arguments, you have people who believe and skeptics, and it's going to go on no matter what. Agreed about the threads that can't be debunked though, if only we had more of them! Have noticed a lot of the older posters will go into those threads and they're generally better to read.

Well it doesn't take spamming or hard work to get to 20 posts
You already have 10. Just look up a few threads and make some intelligent replies. You will get there... and your subject will wait for you

Ok, thanks, will give it a try later.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah, like the Norway spiral threads. They had lots of evidence from many different sources and once complied and analysed explained the fact it was a failed missile launch.

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I can tell you!

-m0r

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Yeah, like the Norway spiral threads. They had lots of evidence from many different sources and once complied and analysed explained the fact it was a failed missile launch.

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I can tell you!

-m0r

Was that actually proven? Those spirals were created by a spinning missile that failed to launch properly or something?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I feel the same way. If I see another rubbish photo I shall vomit. I believe the UFOs represent misidentifiactions, hoaxes, psyschic events and just a few possible Genuine ETs over the last 60 years. Now some may say that I am following the NWO/Rothchild/luciferan agenda but I could not give a good damn. I am frankly exhausted chasing this mystery over 40 years of mostly reading and discussing stuff. Of course the problem really is the hidden agenda every theory is really supported by the individual agenda as opposed to hard logic and science. That is the nature of belief.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Was that actually proven? Those spirals were created by a spinning missile that failed to launch properly or something?

Yes.

Whilst the believer crowd bite their tongues for fear of actually excreting themselves the sceptical crowd disseminated the available info and came up with a very definitive conclusion.

We have to thank Tauristercus for his collection of data and personal study.

Of course once it calmed down the believers were back out again claiming Stargates and other copyrighted intellectual property of a fictional nature - but that conclusion couldn't be knocked then and I'm sure as heck given the falling numbers of critical thinkers around here can't be now.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Yes.

Whilst the believer crowd bite their tongues for fear of actually excreting themselves the sceptical crowd disseminated the available info and came up with a very definitive conclusion.

We have to thank Tauristercus for his collection of data and personal study.

Of course once it calmed down the believers were back out again claiming Stargates and other copyrighted intellectual property of a fictional nature - but that conclusion couldn't be knocked then and I'm sure as heck given the falling numbers of critical thinkers around here can't be now.

-m0r

Nice one, thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Essence

You are welcome!

Remember to keep a rational head on and you'll find there are things really worth looking into - if only to discover what mundane things can sometimes appear as wonderful anomalies.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Essence

my bad, did not notice your new, welcome to the ATS , it will not take you long to get the required post amount, to make a thread, i wish you luck on your endeavor. for i will be looking for it

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join