It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins blow rings that sink in the water! Enjoy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Awesome dolphin tricks

This video is amazing. The way these dolphins have taught this to each other is impressive. Dolphins just never seize to amaze me. It just looks so unreal. Happy Friday, and enjoy!!

Dolphins

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That's pretty cool thanks for sharing

I wonder if they are just doing this out of boredom? I can't imagine swimming in a tank all day long can be very exciting.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Dear FoJAk,
Wow! Nice video, thank you for sharing =)

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

I think theres much more to dolphins than we give them credit to be honest, Infact im beggining to belive that dolphins are either self-Aware or Becoming so, Great video, Thanks.

~Ted

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow S+F, that is amazing!

Why is this in the rant forum though?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, Dolphins are completely self-aware. I've seen far too many instances where they have played with me or boats and been generally very cheeky and lovable. I even had one play a game once trying to pull my weight belt off. They know you, and will recognise you day after day.

If you take your reg out underwater in the presence of Dolphins and blow an air ring (which is easy) They go mental and will try and swim thru it. So much fun to see!

Not to say they can't be viscous, but generally, they are amazingly happy and curious creatures.

Shane
edit on 21-1-2011 by shamus78 because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Infact it begs the question of what is the better form of life on the planet?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Yes this is a great thread for a number of reasons. The first being that it creates awareness so badly needed about how intelligent these beings are, because really they are like humans in a dolphin or Orca suit. Orcas are actually part of the dolphin family I'm sure everyone knows.The fact that both species are slaughtered and pushed away from natural habitat is mind boggling . They are probably one of the most intelligent animals/mammals , if not number 1 besides us and thats very arguable. There are stories abound that these animals really are from other worlds and exist throught the galaxies and dimensions not yet known to most. One story even goes on to state that the reason for whales and dolphins beaching themselves is because they are self aware in the sense that they know their just conciousness experiencing this 3-D reality for a learning experience and are tired of waiting for humans to wake up and join the rest of the universe, but thats for another time. Number 2 could be that people will also see that really they are slaves working for food swimming in a small space which is only a jail not a home. I was so thrilled when Vancouver Canada aquarium in Stanley Park announced that it would not be bringing any more whales to the aquarium because captivity is dead wrong. I hope Sea World and the rest of them would do the same. Always about the money to most of these places and yes my family went to Sea world in San diego when I was a boy. These creatures have always been my favorite for my entire life and even have a whale tattooed on my body. The honest , caring marine biologists already know that you dont need pens , open penns have always and will always work for they are as currious about us as we them think about it. The third is look at the guy , he might as well say come to sea world-spend lots of money and look at how smart dolphins are.All about selling tickets. was good to see smart beings for a change though. sorry to rain on ya no disrespect intended

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I wasn't quite sure where else to put it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
very cool vid. thx for sharing.
I look at it a slightly different way.

Dolphin Mary tells Dolphin Billy, "hey watch this. i taught these idiots who are always staring at us another trick. check it out. blow a lil bit of air out and play with it, and those idiots will just stand there and stare in amazement. Give a try. Those walking creatures are so easily trained, its hilarious."

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

They are. If I could swim, eat fish and have sex all day and occasionally jump out of the water and do huge bellyflops, I would.

Actually, i just described my life, without the sex part. Dammit!

Cheers
Shane
edit on 21-1-2011 by shamus78 because: I added a comma. Punctuation is importaint.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just imagine the possibilities if they had limbs and digits. They are like bored humans floating around in a tank just figuring out cool stuff to do.
Pretty sad when you think about it that way. I mean...being in tanks and all.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a masterpiece of dolphins...

S&F

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is another thread of dolphins and their 'humor', and i put a couple links on that thread about trained dolphins teaching wild ones how to 'tail walk', supposedly from captivity and what they learned in it? wonderful story, and dolphins are way beyond us, wish i could talk dolphin, you know, like call him on the phone (ace ventura)

edit on 21-1-2011 by schitzoandro because: add info

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hahahaha

I like your point of view.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Awesome Video!

I swam with dolphins. It was one of the most memorable and wonderful emotional moments of my life. I can't explain the feelings I had. It was just a small group of the four of us. We each got to swim out alone and each got to do a few different sessions and play sessions with them... I was terrified because I don't like swimming in ocean water at all. But I gave in and I did it and I'm so glad I did. We got to do things such as hodling onto the fins of the two dolphins while they carried us for approx 5oo feet or more... They lifted us out of the water with their nose... They reached up and gave us a kiss... We had free play time where they got to swim around and mess with us... I got it all on video. I just remember a feeling of complete happiness and joy. An experience I'll never forget.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What a great post.... dolphins always make me smile. Not only is the trick cool but it's amazing they teach eachother. I remember as a kid traveling to Canada to visit MarineLand... always wished I was one of the lucky kids that got to get a kiss from one of the dolphins.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Awesome Video, thanks for linking. Actually watched it a couple of times. Fascinating beings

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks for sharing the video my friend.
Dolphins never cease to amaze me, and I always get happy when i see them or see good videos like this.

new topics

top topics

join