It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to American Police Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For those who don't know APF 'is' or 'was' a Private Military Company that attempted to make DHS a private company. (un-officialy), even with the name change they do not have a website?

wikipedia page

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The last time I herd anything about that outfit was the Hardin, Montana fiasco and then nothing . Kinda make you wonder

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerman

And THIS is the guy heading this company?!?! WTF?

HARDIN - Michael Hilton of American Police Force arrived in Hardin with promises of Mercedes police cars and expertise in operating prisons. He delivered the cars last week, but may have learned about prisons following a 1993 conviction for grand theft.
Public records from police and state and federal courts in California show that Michael Anthony Hilton, using that name and more than a dozen aliases over several years, is cited in multiple criminal, civil and bankruptcy cases, and was sentenced in 1993 to two years in state prison in California.
Hilton pleaded guilty in March 1993 to 14 felonies, including 10 counts of grand theft, one count of attempted grand theft and three counts of diversion of construction funds, according to Orange County court records. He was sentenced to two years in prison, but it is unclear how much time he served.

missoulian.com...
After reading thru the 23 convictions sited on your wiki link, I am left scratching my head
So Montana will save money by replacing their jail employees with private ones? How does that work?
billingsgazette.com...

spec
edit on 19-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: add link

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That is weird, some say that they company was a Blackwater front, but I am not sure, APF was not a big overseas company, mainly in the US, APF states that it works or worked with the US Gov. but the Gov. states they have never heard of the company??? weird??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Last I heard was that APF changed their name to 'American Private Police Force' in October 2009 and then all hell broke loose for Michael Hilton, the CEO.

American Private Police Force Faxes One Page Non-Response To AG's Request October 13, 2009, 3:50PM Michael Hilton In the least surprising development of the day, American Private Police Force has declined to answer the Montana attorney general's questions seeking information about its (supposed) business and (supposed) past clients.

source

Hardin Loses Its APPF Mercedes SUVs October 15, 2009, 5:59PM Michael Hilton Did we just hear the death rattle of the Hardin-American Private Police Force deal? The last two Mercedes SUVs that the mysterious private security contractor brought to the tiny Montana town have been taken back.

source

Failed Hardin Sheriff Michael Hilton Wanted In CA October 29, 2009 Michael Hilton, the shadowy figure behind the unsuccessful attempt to take over a rural Montana prison, failed to show in a California court Thursday in an unrelated years-old case about duping investors in an elder care home that was never built. A bench warrant has been issued.

source

Hilton Admits: I'm Broke And Had No Corporate Backing for Jail Bid November 2, 2009 "I'm out of the game. I'm done," Michael Hilton has told the Associated Press in a phone interview.
The California grifter had just testified in court that he's broke, is struggling to pay rent on his apartment, and recently borrowed money from his girlfriend. And he appeared to come close, perhaps for the first time, to admitting that he had deceived local officials in Montana about his effort to take control of an empty jail.

source

Hilton: I'm Too Sick To Forfeit Self-Portrait For Auction November 3, 2009 The Billings Gazette in Montana has the latest from now-admitted conman Michael Hilton: asked to hand over four works of art to help pay a $700,000 judgment in a California real estate fraud case, Hilton claimed he had the flu and couldn't make it.

source

Knowing the type of guy Hilton is, I'm sure you can expect him to start another scam. For now I think the American Private Police Force is done (at least until Xe buys the name.)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Great information and links, but whats the scam? Not really a money maker scam

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Obviously he didn't make money in Montana but Hilton has a long history of scam and using aliases. See the wiki link the OP posted.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

lol I am the OP

Second Line

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Face palm!

That's what I get for drinking coffee and posting on ATS and Twitter at the same time.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

lol
second line

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From the Wikipedia article:

In September 2009, US government contract databases showed no record of the company, while security industry representatives and federal officials said they had never heard of it.

Am I the only one who doesn't buy this?

top topics

join