It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernova about to give Earth a second sun.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
But some say there is no space that everything is molecyles. So if a star thats even 5 millions aways from reaching us, it might be possible that the effect would be felt before we saw it because it would be like that "toyr" where there are balls hangeing close to another and when you drag one aways and slip it makes the ball on the other end react because of the energy output.

But if this had any logic and possibility it would mean that we constantly are affected by the universe since i'm sure there are stars exploding everyday somewhere out there.

It a consept that the light and the effect comes at the same time, but it doesn't make it so. Ok now i'm getting to far off topic.

Look at the bright side. If it did damage we would probably not have time to react and then be gone with the solar wind...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
ok so if this sun has already gone supernova at its point of origin then what we are observing is just the echo of its light right? and if we could instantly teleport there we should find what nothing but a debris field? or the sun in the process of going nova? im still not sure how this relativity thing works?

It's not relativity its not an echo. It takes time for light to travel, so we see images of stars as they were x years ago where x is the time it takes for the light to travel here. You see our own sun as it was 9 minutes ago.

Relativity is where time and distance alter depending on the relative speed between observers.......we'll leave it at that!

You are right about teleporting and seeing a debris field.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Things can go faster than the speed of light

Some researching tells me that if they already have seen that pulsars can move faster than the speed of light, it might be possible that it can go even faster. We don't know that much of what the speed of the opposite of light is, don't know what that is, but the way i understand it this is not written in stone

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
But some say there is no space that everything is molecyles. So if a star thats even 5 millions aways from reaching us, it might be possible that the effect would be felt before we saw it because it would be like that "toyr" where there are balls hangeing close to another and when you drag one aways and slip it makes the ball on the other end react because of the energy output.

But if this had any logic and possibility it would mean that we constantly are affected by the universe since i'm sure there are stars exploding everyday somewhere out there.

It a consept that the light and the effect comes at the same time, but it doesn't make it so. Ok now i'm getting to far off topic.

Look at the bright side. If it did damage we would probably not have time to react and then be gone with the solar wind...

Who says there is no space? Space is everywhere.

Then again, who claims that space is total void? Nobody with any credibility. Even intergalactic space is known to have a certain density of matter per unit volume.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

My point that i tried and apparently failed to write was that the antimatter that makes up what we cannot see such as in space might have a momentarely responce to moving matter anywhere because both ends of the matter would move instead of increasing in density. The power of antimatter and dark material is still unknown. For example Ghost particles are everywhere and penetrates anything at all time. We are bombarded by these ghost particles from the sun and everywhere else. But if they have a greater power if the energy is greater they might have some effect like the one people talk about that is supposed to heighten our mental state. ( don't mind if i do)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Things can go faster than the speed of light

Some researching tells me that if they already have seen that pulsars can move faster than the speed of light, it might be possible that it can go even faster. We don't know that much of what the speed of the opposite of light is, don't know what that is, but the way i understand it this is not written in stone

possibly so fast we can not observe, but are trying to detect.

the Physics of Gamma-Ray Astronomy

Advanced Test Reactor

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/430565038767.jpg[/atsimg]
Dr. David Banner detected it surely...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Ten Trillion Kilomiters...

Wow.. you know...........

My car has actually done .000006% of that distance in the last 3 years

And, YA - It's a wreck now... LOL

edit on 1/20/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by HattoriHanzou

My point that i tried and apparently failed to write was that the antimatter that makes up what we cannot see such as in space might have a momentarely responce to moving matter anywhere because both ends of the matter would move instead of increasing in density. The power of antimatter and dark material is still unknown. For example Ghost particles are everywhere and penetrates anything at all time. We are bombarded by these ghost particles from the sun and everywhere else. But if they have a greater power if the energy is greater they might have some effect like the one people talk about that is supposed to heighten our mental state. ( don't mind if i do)

I for one think that this theory of energy heightening our mental state is hogwash, but whatever turns people on is fine by me.

By "ghost particles" what do you mean? There are high speed particles that are bombarding our little corner of the universe right now, but many of these are slipping through the cracks, ie not interacting with us and passing right through us without touching. We are mostly empty space ourselves, little tiny nuclei surrounded by space, with an electron shell, surrounded by more space.

Antimatter, though, is a different story. It may (MAY*) make up a good portion of the dark matter which is there, but can not be sensed conventionally, but then again it may not. It is known to very energetically react to matter, so in matter-rich areas inside this galaxy, such as the interstellar space, it is probably quite rare.

All this is pretty far off topic, though. If there is a supernova that close, we will be awash in certain forms of particles and radiation, most of which will probably have little to no effect on us at all. If it does effect us, well, there's little that can be done about that too!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
Before I found this thread I was researching prophecies of the Koran and the Hadith and I thought this might be of interest to some. There is a prophecy that says when the sun rises from the west, judgement day is near.

This topic reminded me of something I came across about two years ago. I haven't had the time to go through all 12 pages yet and so I apologize if this has been mentioned already. Whatever the explanation for the apparitions of what devotees call the B.V.M. (Blessed Virgin Mary), this is what Our Lady of Emmitsburg said in a message given on June 1, 2008:

"Children, for the last 20 years I have oftentimes spoken of 'change'. I have told you that there is no time for fear; there is only time for change. You must know by now that I have recently spoken of an arising of 'two suns'. When you see the two suns on the horizon, you must know that this is a time of change, a time of this new beginning about which I have spoken to you before. After you see the two suns, there is only a short time before you will see a tremendous change in weather. After this, as you know, there are more changes to come."

A Texan ex-classmate of mine who's a Bible Belt Baptist Fundamentalist but also now a Messianic Jew (not quite the same as a Jew For Jesus) believes that all those Marian visions are demonic and related to the Pagan virgin goddess Astarte, if I remember the name correctly. She says that miracles are not proof of divinity because demons can heal too.

The message then announces the catastrophic arrival of an intruder:

"I can tell you this: Even your governments and the Church authorities already have knowledge of the stars aligning and its implications upon you. You must not fear but must be prepared, primarily spiritually.

"After awhile, you will see a time when there is another body in orbit around your solar system, coming between Earth and the Sun and leading to tremendous devastation. Approximately 60-70% of the world’s population, as you know it, will cease. Of those who survive, 60% of them could die of disease and starvation."

This is surely the same heavenly body that the Book of Revelation, Chapter 8, calls Wormwood and that Stargate2012 here mentions on page 1, but mistaking it for the second sun that will supposedly be seen, which is understandable since the Bible says that "there fell a great star from heaven". A star can't possibly approach and fall to Earth. It would scorch us long before slamming into us. The Biblical description fits the arrival of an asteroid or a comet.

It's odd that what one could call New-Age type messages agree with "Our Lady", like those from an entity calling itself Ramatis who spoke to a Brazilian medium in the Fifties or Sixties. Ramatis claimed that a huge planet called Hercobulus would arrive around 1986 and straighten the axis of the Earth with its powerful gravitational attraction and cause earthquakes that would sink entire continents and build new ones. This would be like a repetition of Atlantean times.

His books are freely available on the Net somewhere. They're as hallucinating as the Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri, but would be called "demonic" or Pagan by Christians. One man's demon is another man's guide, one man's prophet is another man's Antichrist and one guide's medium is another guide's madman, so what prevails under the Sun is always the Law of Confusion (a.k.a. the Law of Free Will), as the Law of One (formerly "the Ra Material") crowd says.

edit on 20-1-2011 by escapevelocity because: a few minor changes were necessary for added clarity

edit on 20-1-2011 by escapevelocity because: more minor changes were needed...sorry!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
Might Betelgeuse Go BOOM?
www.rense.com...

Betelgeuse BOOM - Calamitas Apocalyptica
www.rense.com...

Both Betelgeuse And Antares - Update
www.rense.com...

Earth Has NO PLAN To Avoid Extinction
www.rense.com...

Earth Still Has No Plan To Avoid Extinction
www.rense.com...

This doesn't sound too good for us,I was watching one of the end times shows on the history channel last night and one of the shows was effects of a supernova,and the second show was called apocalyptic man what was interesting was the begining it said"this show is about the apocalypse,it will happen and the government knows,and are preparing"I was a little shocked I have never seen this before,has anyone else?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Wow, this is pretty sweet. I did notice this year that Betelgeuse was significantly dimmer than last year and the year before that. It used to be the bright one in Orion, easily picked out. I hope it does happen sooner than later. It would be cool to experience Alaska without the cold and have night look like day.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource

If another light the size of our sun appears I would think it wouldn't matter how far away it was it would produce heat here on earth and cause the temp to rise during the 2 to 3 weeks it was there. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want to be near costal areas and some good shade would be nice.
edit on 19-1-2011 by LightSource because: Forgot to add the word "rise" and removed word "alot"
whats wrong with coastal areas? How is it going to cause problems on the coast?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
digging a little deeper into a possible SuperNova of Betelgeuse (in Orion constellation)

the star is about 430 light years distant.. so if it already exploded it would have done so in 1581AD
the same year Elizabeth 1 married Francois on Nov 7th ....

and how about this being an 'Echo' event whereas the English Royalty had a marriage in 1581
when the Nova exploded ...
but in 2011 the English Royalty will again have a marriage on 29 April when Prince Charles,
(assumed to be the future King) has a heavenly 'sign' when the SuperNova event is finally seen in the sky...

Or even better, is that if the Betelgeuse SuperNova is seen in 2012... 430 years ago
when the Nova event happened out there in the Orion Constellation ...

here on Earth the Julian Calendar was being replaced by the Gregorian Calendar
decreed by Pope Gregory the 13th...
does that have any correspondence with the Bible prophecies that in the end-times that
changing the feast days and changing the calendar/times would be done by the antichrist...

it will be very eerie and creepy if the SuperNova became a Night-Time 'Sun' in 2012,
if only for a week or two

additionally having the Pope involved in changing the 'times'
and him being the 13th Gregory ... hmmmm, the number 13, thought to be an UnLucky number
an anniversery to remember... seperated by ~430 years, but joined in time-space
edit on 20-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

I'll bet as we speak, Al Gore is busy trying to Invent a new solution that creates another tax for a problem that doesn't actually exist.

Ha ha the new supernova tax,and its all our fault!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Poor Ford Prefect! I'm sure he'll be devastated!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

I am sure that someone has already responded to this, but the Orion constellation still rises on the East and sets in the West. Unless you're talking about something other than Betelgeuse, when it goes supernova it will still rise in the East...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Betelgueise is too far away for ti to affect us, even if it supernovaed* 430 light years? light travels about 6 trillion miles a year, last i heard on an astronomy documentary. Think i remembered it right. Myabe wede see betleguiese turn orangy red and all yeah, maybe some gamma rays ide be weary of too..but as for anything else..i douby much would happen

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

but in 2011 the English Royalty will again have a marriage on 29 April when Prince Charles,
(assumed to be the future King) has a heavenly 'sign' when the SuperNova event is finally seen in the sky...

actually i think you mean prince William his son and the most obvious choice to be the next kind of great Brittan.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Betelgeuse is not in the belt, tis his shoulder.

Also, does is not take a bit of time for the light of the star to reach us? I always assumed it had went supernova ages ago, and we are just waiting to see the fireworks.

(The second part, I am not sure about. The first part, I am super sure!

Yeah, it does take time...520 years in fact, since Betelgeuse is 520 light years away from us.

Which means that if the scientists say it's going to go supernova in the next couple of weeks (perhaps), what they really mean is that the thing blew up 520 years ago, and we have to wait a few more weeks for the light to reach us, showing the explosion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Betelgueise is too far away for ti to affect us, even if it supernovaed* 430 light years? light travels about 6 trillion miles a year, last i heard on an astronomy documentary. Think i remembered it right. Myabe wede see betleguiese turn orangy red and all yeah, maybe some gamma rays ide be weary of too..but as for anything else..i douby much would happen

Nah, what they mean is it's *already* gone...just waiting for the light to hit us from 520 years ago to see the explosion.

The light we see right now from Betelgeuse, is 520 years old. So we are seeing back in time, when it was still there.

edit on 20/1/2011 by spikey because: Added info

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join