It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daytime Moon Trip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Testing the Max Magnification of the Celestron 11" (with my 40, 17 and 8mm eyepieces ) it was only not the best day to test it ( turbulence )

Have Fun

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Thank you for providing solid proof that the Moon is visible in the daytime... perhaps this will convince those members who swear otherwise!
Seriously, though, thank you for sharing, it's a beautiful video and demonstrates some of the problems involved in observing objects in space from the surface of the Earth; twinkling, scattering, etc. S&F!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Beautiful! I'd love to get into doing that sort of stuff. Was your Telescope expensive? It looks it.

Is that heat that's causing the wobbly blur?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Awesome video. S+F

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
very cool. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

It's caused by fast moving air in the upper atmosphere.

It also causes the stars to look like they are twinkling.

edit on 18-1-2011 by inthemass because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Great work, nice 'scope too, picks out excellent detail, even in daylight!

S&F for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This has to be the coolest video in a while! I hate to be cliche here, but what is that tune you are using in the video?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That's a pretty sharp image - nice tracking ability too - it didn't seem to move too much, if at all, across the viewing area.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

for actuall " i saw it myself " evidence that the moon can be observed during the day - all people need to do is actually go outside at noon and look every day for 16 days - and baring cloud cover - the moon will be visible

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

The Tune i made it!
Magix Music maker

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments!! I hope this wekend is good enough to observe Venus and Saturn for you people!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Man I need a telescope......I always wondered why a telescope can not be used to focus in on a very close zoom to what is going on on the surface of the planet......for example if someone was on teh moon looking at us through a telescope, why wouldn't they be able to zoom in enough to actually see people there.....

can even our most powerful telescopes on earth or in space do this? If not, hwo far away do you think we are from such technology? Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is the second nerdgasm today thanks a lot ATS!!!!! Greatness in large abundance, and yeah the moon is visible in the sky during the day, I have seen it with my own freaking eye's for gods sakes. Excuse my freaking language but I am addicted to this stuff like a crackhead is addicted to Marvin. I mean it's just beautiful.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Golithion because: Nerdgasm people nerdgasm!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Are there really people who have never seen the moon during daylight? Are there parts of earth that the moon does not show itself during the day? If so this is new to me but sounds possible.

I believe there are telescopes with the ability to zoom into the moons surface, could probably be done with a sattelite if they wanted to, i think we all know why they dont. What surprises me is why doesnt one of Americas unfriendlies build one and then use it to discredit NASA and the US as a whole?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What id really like to see is some clear footage of the dark side of the moon.
Apparently it has so many comet impact craters it resembles a golfball.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Are there really people who have never seen the moon during daylight?

yes , blind people

but seriously - if you ACTUALY go outside during the day - you will see it

Are there parts of earth that the moon does not show itself during the day?

any location where it is physically impossible to see the moon during daylight hours , would also prevent its observation at night

ie living down a mine shaft etc

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I saw it today here in Melbourne and it was a full moon..
Though I can believe some people say you can't see it..
Some stupid woman called the radio station and asked if the moons gravity would affect our floods more because it was a full moon..
Like she thinks the other bits of the moon aren't there when we can't see them.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hi all, new here, i saw it this morning when i was taking the kids to school it was a full moon fully visable, i see the day time moon quite often aswell, it just looks dimmer, im in the north west of england near manchester

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by lestweforget

Are there really people who have never seen the moon during daylight?

yes , blind people

Are there parts of earth that the moon does not show itself during the day?

any location where it is physically impossible to see the moon during daylight hours , would also prevent its observation at night

ie living down a mine shaft etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join