It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

news.sky.com

A man who was caught on camera viciously kicking a puppy has been sentenced to eight weeks in custody and disqualified from owning animals for five years.Shock footage shows Kent yanking the young dog by its lead and delivering at least two kicks that knocked the animal off its feet.

He was apparently angered when the puppy urinated on him and would not walk properly on a lead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.allvoices.com
www.thesun.co.uk
edit on 17-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The man handed himself into the police after someone filmed him kicking his brothers puppy and uploaded it onto facebook.
He is now going to serve 8 weeks in jail.

Now obviously any form of animal abuse is a terrible thing and the video isn't nice, but 8 weeks in jail? Does anyone else think that this might be a bit of an over reaction?

Are we now living in a society that is seeing an increase in a new form of mob justice where people are being tried and convicted on face book and youtube? I cant help thinking that if you phoned the police because you saw a dog being kicked in a park you wouldn't get a response.

Also where is the line between using punishment to train a dog and animal cruelty, I remember choke chains being used a lot when I was growing up, It would seem that you might well get sent to prison for using one now.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think he should see a therapist, treatment instead of incarceration.

Of course, many will want him dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think it's more of an overreaction for a dude to kick a puppy for urinating on him than it is to give him eight weeks for said offense. I mean, puppies are cute. Someone has to look out for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The thing that worries me, other than the cowardly cruelty, is why do people have the wish to upload this kind of footage to the internet ?

Are they really proud of it ? Do they think their friends will be impressed ?

Either way, these kinds of people are pathetic inadequates, who evidently lack any power or control over their own lives, so they try and feel better about themselves by exerting some kind of power over defenceless people and animals.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Aw geez now all these PETAfags are going to start sending him death threats.

Remember the cat bin lady? People wanted to skin her alive.

As much as I love animals, that is totally overreacting.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Kicking an animal is just not OK! Hell, my "puppy" has eaten 4 pairs of my boots so far, but it's my fault after the first pair for not putting them away. It doesn't sound like the guy knows how to train a dog, much less have the skills necessary to own one.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
when there is camera evidence of minor violent crimes we need a new punishment, kind of similar to the one you get at school on your birthday where everyone tries to give you a dead leg.

we could strap the mildly violent criminal to a chair while the police force in that area give him/her some knees to the thigh. this could all be recorded to make sure that any officers dont get carried away and give a killer blow to the balls or vag.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If the puppy had bitten him in retaliation it would probably have been put down as a dangerous animal by now so lets not talk about over-reactions.

Someone mentioned choke-chains...lets compare that to teaching a young child who has done something wrong...a quick smack on the rear never did anyone any harm....but kicking a child for doing something wrong?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Aw geez now all these PETAfags are going to start sending him death threats.

Remember the cat bin lady? People wanted to skin her alive.

As much as I love animals, that is totally overreacting.

Just wanted to make it clear that I think the punishment is fair enough. What is overreacting is the death threats.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The video was taken and uploaded by a stranger that was out walking in the same park and saw him kicking the dog

I don't deny that the man (if man is the right word) was wrong. What I wonder is how differently would this man have been treated if he hadn't been filmed and upset people on facebook, If he had gone to the police station without this video coming to light and said "I want to be arrested for kicking my dog" then what do people think would have happened?
I doubt it would have lead to jail time

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

" He was apparently angered when the puppy urinated on him and would not walk properly on a lead."

So it was the pups fault because the owner was too lazy to teach it and give the dog proper instructions. Solution kicked the crap out of it...?

This is why some people shouldn't have pets or procreate.
Just saying is all

edit on 17-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
8 weeks in jail is a bit much but im sure he is being used as an example ..kicking a poor animal is just wrong id like to see him to never be allowed to own another animal ..I have 4 dogs and there like my kids i could never hurt them in anyway ..just sad what some people can do to there pets~~

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The video was taken and uploaded by a stranger that was out walking in the same park and saw him kicking the dog

You see this should be a msg to some of the people who feel the need to record everything, be it for laughs or actual justice. Sometimes its just not ok. I mean I for one dislike animal cruelty but 8 weeks in prison? And this is going to go on that guys record. So to the stranger who felt it fine or okay to casually upload this vid to facebook, why not think first? I mean maybe the guy was just having a off day. What if he had been fined and the sentence have been longer? People always have videos of the most minute things but when a girl goes missing, nobody has seen her, she just vanishes.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've seen news reports in Canada giving people closer to 6 months, maybe more, for animal abuse. Death threats are an overreaction, but 2 months is mild. It'll give him time to learn patience.

Plus, does he really do the whole 8 weeks, or would he only do part of that if he behaves? In Canada 6 months only means 2 months if the person behaves themselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
first of all he was on probation for other offences. and my reaction personally would be to put him on a leash and kick seven shades of **** out of him.
I want to hear that prison conversation..... "what you in for?" "aw i killed a dude!..... what are you in for?" "kicking puppy's"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The puppy probably "urinated on his foot" because he was scared and nervous....dog do that when they are scared!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I agree.. arrest him, but some extra community service after cleaning dog crap wouldnt hurt.

Oh and a couple of kicks also, so he can taste what he did to the little dog - this of course done by a couple of navy seals or S.A.S in boots.

I have no respect for people who hurt animals.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think he should be fined and made to clean up/assist at an animal adoption center for a while, they always need help. Part of his rehabilitation should also include watching Ceaser on The Dog Whisperer, there he could have learned how to address the problem correctly and quickly. Like Slayer said, people who can't or won't take the time to raise an animal should not have one, imo.

peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

wicked avatar mate, best part o the film!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join