It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I could make a pretty comprehensive list of high profile legal cases in the UK from the past few years from the news sources carrying this story, where IMO more obscene crimes received more lenient sentences than this.

Not saying the sentence isn't appropriate just that we seem to have a strange priorities when it comes to prosecution in this country. Particularly when the soapbox factory that is Facebook gets involved.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

My apologies, I didn't read that part of the article. I thought it was one of those cases of the perpetrator, or one of his mates, filming it, and then uploading it.

I think it has always been the case that higher profile cases lead to tougher sentencing, but you've also got to look at the fact that they had actual video evidence of his crime, which may well have toughened the judge's stance on the matter.

I realise that this shouldn't play a part in a judge's sentencing, but it certainly must have some psychological impact on him.

Anyway, I think that 8 weeks is an extremely lenient sentence for a cowardly attack like this. I think that about 2 years would suffice, but sadly, I don't think the maximum tariff is as large as that for cases of animal cruelty.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
8 weeks is to kind i'd love to set my dog on this bully

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't think 8 weeks is enough. He should get 8 months.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The thing that worries me, other than the cowardly cruelty, is why do people have the wish to upload this kind of footage to the internet ?

Are they really proud of it ? Do they think their friends will be impressed ?

Either way, these kinds of people are pathetic inadequates, who evidently lack any power or control over their own lives, so they try and feel better about themselves by exerting some kind of power over defenceless people and animals.

Boy do you miss the point.

If it hadn't been for the guy filming - a bystander - the creep in question never would have been charged with animal cruelty. So maybe the next time this pitiful excuse for a man gets really angry, he'll just kick the puppy to death?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure about 8 weeks in prison. Maybe we should bring back the village stocks. That's the best idea to put idiots in their place.

I don't like how authorities pick and choose which animals need protecting.

What if you kick a rat or mouse? Oh that's OK because they're "pests". Aren't dogs pests sometimes? When you're trying to play football on the park and some dog comes on the pitch and runs off with your ball.

Animal cruelty is animal cruelty. No cherry picking.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
photographicdictionary.com...
If you put people like him in stocks for two days in the town/city centre, he will more than likely never do it again. Public humiliation is the way forward. You could have a big sign above them saying what their crime is, and people can throw sh*t at them all day.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

Now that Is a good idea!

I like the way you think Hexagon

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If I'd seen him do it I think he would have been glad to do 8 weeks because I can honestly say I would have kicked the absolute crap out of him.

Other than that the stocks seems like a half decent idea.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I figured this happened in the UK when I saw the title of the article. This likely wouldn't happen in the US (the jailing part, not the kicking the dog part).

This guy does definitely have anger issues though, and I feel bad for the dog.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't think it's too harsh. If that guy is willing to do that to a defenseless puppy you've got wonder what he would to do a baby when he is frustrated..

Might end with something like this:
www.yournabe.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Don't suppose anyone noticed the guy has previous convictions for Robbery? I guess that is why he was given 8 weeks, because he does not have a previous "good character" to call upon.

Besides, with good behaviour you can lose a third of your sentence and you can be let out on license after only serving a third, so I reckon he'll probably do a few weeks max.

He broke the law, now he must be punished. Not sure why people are bemoaning his 8 week sentence. You would moan if someone only got 8 weeks if it was a child.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HexagonSun
I don't like how authorities pick and choose which animals need protecting.

What if you kick a rat or mouse? Oh that's OK because they're "pests"..

It doesn't actually matter. Causing unecceary suffering when dealing with "pests" such as wild rats or mice is illegal. It doesn't matter if the animals are pets or not. If you are dealing with a legally recognised pest, you have to deal with it humanely.

Indeed and no one is,. Not entirely sure what your point is.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can think of no reason that would justify kicking a puppy.

I think this jail sentence was earned and the only thing I'd change is to disallow him to legally own an animal EVER.

Hopefully the next time he gets p*ssed on will be by his 300 lb cell mate.
Let's see how easily he controls his temper then.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
He broke the law, now he must be punished. Not sure why people are bemoaning his 8 week sentence. You would moan if someone only got 8 weeks if it was a child.

I don't think imprisonment would help people like this though. He'd just be inside with a load of other low-lifes with the same mentality counting down the days till they can be free again. I don't see that as adequate punishment. Bed, TV, PS3, food. I'd rather go for... back pain, no food, sh*t in the face etc etc. I just think something like that would be more effective to deal with "small time" crooks like this guy.

Save prisons for wife beaters and rapists.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
double post
edit on 17/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Indeed and no one is,. Not entirely sure what your point is.

I saw a guy kick a pigeon a few years ago. You telling me he'd get eight weeks for doing that if it was caught on tape and put on facebook?
edit on 17/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It entirely depends on how old he was, any previous convictions etc. But yes, he would at least be arrested if there was evidence he did it.

Some boys stamped and kicked a baby deer to death a few years ago. If I remember rightly, they got sent down at Her Maj's pleasure for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Now that Is a good idea!

I like the way you think Hexagon

Thanks. I always wondered why they stopped using the stocks. Seems like a good idea to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would prefer putting him to sleep, but at least sterilize him.

The animal, not the dog.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join