It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught On Camera Kicking Puppy Jailed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by HexagonSun

It entirely depends on how old he was, any previous convictions etc. But yes, he would at least be arrested if there was evidence he did it.

Some boys stamped and kicked a baby deer to death a few years ago. If I remember rightly, they got sent down at Her Maj's pleasure for that.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The video was taken and uploaded by a stranger that was out walking in the same park and saw him kicking the dog

You see this should be a msg to some of the people who feel the need to record everything, be it for laughs or actual justice. Sometimes its just not ok. I mean I for one dislike animal cruelty but 8 weeks in prison? And this is going to go on that guys record. So to the stranger who felt it fine or okay to casually upload this vid to facebook, why not think first? I mean maybe the guy was just having a off day. What if he had been fined and the sentence have been longer? People always have videos of the most minute things but when a girl goes missing, nobody has seen her, she just vanishes.

Yep, he was having a bad day so that makes it all right to boot a tiny defenseless little dog 6 times. With enough force to put the dog off it's feet. Then to choke it with it's lead.

Maybe he was also having a bad day when he was previously convicted of robbery (that got him an 18 month sentence btw).

In this case, I wish it had happened in an Islamic country where we would see an eye for an eye punishment handed out. 6 big burly coppers with their steel toe caps each getting a running kick, finished off nicely with the brother choking him with a chain for a few secs.

Pretty sure, he'd think twice before harming anyone or anything again in future!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Bit of mixed reaction.. Its good that he is being punished for cruelty to an animal.. Yet sad that people inflict that and worse upon their fellow humans yet nothing is done to them.. People need to learn compassion for the world around them - both human and animal..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
tbh, the punishment perfectly fits the crime as it is wrong behaviour but its on relative terms that it does not fit the crime. he will only do half of that at the most anyway unless he does a charles bronson while he is spending his time.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Boy do you miss the point.

If it hadn't been for the guy filming - a bystander - the creep in question never would have been charged with animal cruelty. So maybe the next time this pitiful excuse for a man gets really angry, he'll just kick the puppy to death?

I've already explained that I didn't read the article in its entirety, so I wrongly assumed that the footage uploaded came from the perpetrator or his acquaintances.

There is absolutely nothing to say that he wouldn't have been charged with animal cruelty if the guy hadn't have filmed it on his mobile phone.

While the footage will have clearly helped the prosecution case, there is nothing to say that the accused wouldn't have been convicted of the assault without it, based upon the witness statement instead of the video.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I agree with the punishment. Plus they should have him work in the local humane society as added rehabilitation for him. He apparently needs it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

He was apparently angered when the puppy urinated on him and would not walk properly on a lead.

I saw the video. That puppy was scared to death of that tyrant, and clearly no learning was taking place, yet he continued to hang it by its neck, yank it, kick it. The sicko. The puppy obviously urinated on him because it lost control of its bodily functions, read: SCARED TO DEATH. The article says the vet that examined it and said it had suffered trauma, and that it shies away from being touched on the neck, and is afraid of people's feet. That kind of response from a puppy indicates this was not the first time the little creature has suffered abuse. All of you who think "no big deal" I'm just shocked. That little puppy is an innocent, precious life force, tortured by a hateful entity, and so shut down by fear that it was incapable of learning from that person. I'm ok with him serving jail time. Or he could choose between that or having someone 5 times heavier than him kick him as hard as he can and swing him around by the neck at random times unexpectedly for several months. Might instill a little empathy in him.

"Bless the beasts and the children
For in this world they have no voice
They have no choice..."
~ Carpenters

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just saw this on Sky... I was watching it while my pet husky slept at my feet, so I'm kind of biased

He should have got 8 months, not a 8 weeks... Poor little pooch deserves much better than that excuse for a human being.

Damn, I got so angry watching it!!.... 8 weeks is no where near enough

EDIT .... @ new_here ... Well said mate!

edit on 17/1/2011 by Dagar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I kind of chuckle to myself when topics like this come up.

We all kill living things every day...we kill small insects just by walking, driving...just by living.

Most of us will swat a mosquito or fly without a thought.

We will actively kill a spider or centipede.

We will set out pretty violent traps for mice, rats, or anything else we deem a pest.

We will even kill things as large as possums just because they are a nuisance.

We fish with sharp hooks and yank the fish out of their breathable environment...then sometimes throw them back (and we count that fish lucky???)

We hunt large animals for sport...gun vs animal...not much of a chance there.

BUT...let someone kick or smack a dog or a cat....and that person is an ANIMAL and should be flogged and jailed for life.

Come on people...you are being a little bit silly. People don't even get that much punishment for kicking another person.

ETA: I feel I need to add this so the rabid pet lovers (who keep animals hostage outside their natural habitat) come and call for my head. I DO NOT think this behavior is acceptable...but I also do not think it is an act deserving jail time. Give him a large fine...make him do community service...this guy isn't a "criminal" that needs to be kept from society...he just needs a behavior adjustment.
edit on 17-1-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Well thanks. I've got a soft spot for little critters. We have enough animals dropping dead in the world from who knows what. Where is the love, right?!

Edit to add: Really, Outkast Searcher... REALLY?! Gave you a chuckle and it's silly for folks to feel outrage at this?

edit on 1/17/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

if you think thats bad watch this video...www.noob.us... -warning-disturbing/

WARNING.... DON'T WATCH IF EASILY DISTURBED

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So when someone kicks a puppy the whole world comes to a halt, but when someone kills an african child or an afghani girl gets raped and killed its just war? You folks have your priorities wrong. Even though it inst right to kick an animal, a human beings life is more important. If I had to kick a puppy to feed a starving African child, I will be kicking them all day long.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
he`ll probably turn into a serial killer now.... yawn

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If you are kicking an animal it means you shouldn't own one because you obviously don't understand them. If you can't make such simple decisions as whether or not your temper allows a pet then maybe you should be locked away for a little while.

I would say the sentence was a little harsh though. I'd say 2 weeks of jail and 4 weeks of therapy. The 5 year animal ban is completely fair in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Uh oh! Another insane person hurting animals with the potential to take out anger on people later on! Humanity is hopeless when people like him get away with cruelty to animals.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Eight weeks is not enough. Try eight years.

Edit to add: And that's me being diplomatic. I have ZERO tolerance for animal cruelty, and my first instinct was to call for his execution by torture in Ljubljanka.

edit on 18-1-2011 by David_Reale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Aw geez now all these PETAfags are going to start sending him death threats.

Do you really think lazy homophobic slurs make your comment more worthy of posting? Does this forum look like 4chan or some other black hole of stupidity and retardation?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Have some respect for other beings. Yeah, Peta is stupid and they have horrible speakers, but don't try to paint this jerk in a positive way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why is there people that always bring this into human territory. Every time an animal gets beaten someone brings up children and humans. Wake up. We have no dominion over any other species.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I have tried to put violence behind me. However, Freeborn, you are right and I would have made an exception in this case. I would gladly give up some of my freedom by teaching the scum what it feels like to have the utter crap knocked out of him.
To quote the Blues Brothers, "You'll find it hard to eat corn on the cob with no F***ing teeth".
edit on 18/1/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join