It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Jr Dispute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

MLK Jr Dispute

www.foxnews.com

Radio Station Owner's Concealed Weapons Permit Revoked After Dispute Over Martin Luther King Jr. Editorial

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Apparently this guy, Brad Reese, challenged a rival to a shootout and had his concealed carry permit taken away because of it. See the link, but I think the guy has a point.

Note: Not a racist thread here so don't go there. I don't "celebrate" MLK day (or have the day off) any more than I celebrate "white, black, brown, yellow or red" history month.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: Yes I know it's fox news, but it's close to home and I've heard this guy before.
edit on 16-1-2011 by KANE OG because: see the edit

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is old info, but if anyone is interested in what Martin Luther King, Jr. was really about, they should at least consider the testimony of FBI Assistant Director William C. Sullivan, who initially supported King, but turned away in disgust when he encountered the "real" MLK.

Google it. I guess it makes sense that the records are sealed on this "hero" until at least 2027.

JR

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANE OG
Apparently this guy, Brad Reese, challenged a rival to a shootout and had his concealed carry permit taken away because of it. See the link, but I think the guy has a point.

...he has no valid point... he's airing this sensationalist junk for publicity... its his radio station, so he has the right to ruin it anyway he wants to but he doesnt have the right to threaten to shoot someone - so, he deserved to have his cwp revoked...

Note: Not a racist thread here so don't go there.

...reese is airing racist crap... so, like it or not, racism is part of the topic...

I don't "celebrate" MLK day (or have the day off) any more than I celebrate "white, black, brown, yellow or red" history month.

...its not about you...

...i agree with the local principal's take on it (below)...

www.foxnews.com...

Bryan Wright, the only African American principal in the district, sees a learning experience for students in the editorial slamming King.

"To assume somebody is perfect because they're famous is misleading," Wright said. "What makes us special is that we're allowed to do something great despite our shortcomings."

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
This is old info, but if anyone is interested in what Martin Luther King, Jr. was really about, they should at least consider the testimony of FBI Assistant Director William C. Sullivan, who initially supported King, but turned away in disgust when he encountered the "real" MLK.

Google it. I guess it makes sense that the records are sealed on this "hero" until at least 2027.

JR

If you google almost any leader in history, they have a dark history hidden. Strange, they are all human and imperfect.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

The FBIs involvement in finding out about King's proclivities is tasteless and immoral. By this level of scrutiny many if not all of this country's great leaders would have been considered frauds and demagogues. King is one of the most important Americans in our history, perhaps the most "revolutionary" leader since Jefferson.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I googled William C. Sullivan and heres some of the stuff I came up with:

The sustained use of such tactics by the FBI in an attempt to destroy Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., violated the law and fundamental human decency. The Committee devoted substantial attention to the FBI's covert action campaign against Dr. Martin Luther King because it demonstrates just how far the Government could go in a secret war against one citizen. In focusing upon Dr. King, however, it should not be forgotten that the Bureau carried out disruptive activities against hundreds of lesser known American citizens. It should also be borne in mind that positive action on the part of high Government officials outside the FBI might have prevented what occurred in this case. 53

Heres a link to the page where I got that:
www.icdc.com...
Its from the report written after the disclosure of the FBI COINTELPRO program came to light.
If anyone is hiding anything my bet is that it's for the benefit of the FEDS, not for a man who tried to teach people what the meaning of the word civilization is, and got assassinated for his troubles.

new topics

top topics

join