It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: You took it like a sheep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers.
I have bad news for you.
Do you remember the TSA Pat down,Enhanced Pat Downs and see-thru X-Ray at the airport?
I just want to congratulate you Americans for taking it like a sheep,a slave,and surrendering in record-time.
I don't hear about protests anymore.I don't see new threads anymore,i don't hear you talking about it.
This proves that even the big old America,the free,the strongest people that love their freedom and their right,can also be the biggest pushovers.
It's the oldest example of millions getting trampled by a few powerful men and women.
You just get used to it,and that's it.
It will only get worse from here.
Hide yo kids Hide yo wife.
They're raping everybody out there
edit on 14-1-2011 by metodex because: empty thread via accident :S

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Im gonna have to DIS-agree with your post on that one. Nice Avatar btw!
edit on 1/14/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

What has anybody in the world gained from protesting lately? Did the protests in Europe fix anything?
edit on 1/14/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Yeh it was an accident.
Read now if you're still interested.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

tsa has been backburned , there are things like deadbirds, volcanoes , poleshiftn , you know stuff tht makes the patdowns look like a saturday morning cartoon., now when they start puttn those fools at the grocerystore and dmv and such then people will wake up and be like oh helllllllllllllll no

edit on 14-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Oh really..? Well guess what..?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ae1b1b531a8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just think this is one of those things that wasn't going to be "won" in the fashion that you or other might have thought that it would be. The thing is, TSA held the big stick on this one. If you refused to be scanned or patted, you didn't fly. Well, that's the big stick. Simply put, there are few people who can just not fly that day because of their principles. This includes business people who have to get on that plane in order to earn their living. Also, people going to visit friends, family and loved-ones place the value of their loved ones above the mental concession of allowing these enhanced procedures. It's just too big a threat to tell someone that non-compliance will lead to a cancellation of their ability to get on the flight...so they win that round. That was just obvious to me from the outset of this controversy...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I didn't take it.

I boycotted the airlines long ago.

What? You expect me to revolt because a business has security measures if I choose to use their services? That's absurd.

If you don't like a business's practices, boycott them.

Therefore I did not take it like a sheep. I combated them the way a legitimate citizen would.
Boycott.

Let me guess, you think we should kill people the way things are done down there in South America if we don't like it?

If McDonalds cooks your burger wrong do you revolt against them too? I don't. I just stop spending my $ there. Simple solution.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I totally agree with the thread poster. I am from Canada, and while I am completely glad of our nation being the strongest economy in the world, that our currency is holding strong and has only gone up in value, that Canada has finally become a leader and a teacher and graduated from it's wimp peacekeeping image, I am also reminded of the USA when going over these facts.

It really, and honest to god baffles me that the US has turned into such a waste land. The US use to bully Canada around in NAFTA trades, basically take what it wanted style, and use our nation as a punchline for any joke they could. The US use to be so arogant on how they prided themselves, and that they were fighters for the free world, or more importantly, THEIR world.

Today they have been turned into biggest loser contestants, and even though they have been told and heard the whispers about how their economy is going to impload very very soon, they don't care. They are just waiting for it to happen; that or they have become too stupid to realize there country is dead.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's like a ferris wheel at the amusement park.

If you are not X tall, you do not ride.

Don't like it? Build your own ferris wheel and ride it yourself. No one's stopping you.

All the permits are available.

This is really straight forward.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I find REALLY insulting that some people think im a trigger happy "choro" in far,poor,ignorant south america.Yes you won.Next time,when you get to jail for whatever reason.DO NOT USE THEIR TOILETS.
That'll teach em buddy.
To me you sound like a big proud american.
Also a racist xenophobic person.Go away.
AND I AM NOT PRO CHAVEZ,I HATE THE F*CK

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2011 by metodex because: double post.Common with us mexicans

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

and even though they have been told and heard the whispers about how their economy is going to impload very very soon, they don't care.

That "the economy will collapse" "soon very very soon" stuff has been going on for ages.

Does "Very very soon" mean 50 years? 100years? Next week?

No one knows.

It's like plate tectonics. We all know a big quakes gonna hit. But when?
"Soon very very soon"??

Let's lay the crystal ball down and live today for today?
I'll do tomorrow when it comes.
edit on 14-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeh that's exactly the solution,and the way it works too.(sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I didn't take it.

I boycotted the airlines long ago.

What? You expect me to revolt because a business has security measures if I choose to use their services? That's absurd.

If you don't like a business's practices, boycott them.

Therefore I did not take it like a sheep. I combated them the way a legitimate citizen would.
Boycott.

Let me guess, you think we should kill people the way things are done down there in South America if we don't like it?

If McDonalds cooks your burger wrong do you revolt against them too? I don't. I just stop spending my $ there. Simple solution.

But you see, people need to fly, and there are no alternatives to the TSA.

And what is with that ignorant South America comment? Grow up.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't think the economy will implode/explode.
But you have to take seriously the way the dollar is losing power.
China is growing big time.
edit on 14-1-2011 by metodex because: typo-you know us ignorant mexicanos

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
I find REALLY insulting that some people think im a trigger happy "choro" in far,poor,ignorant south america.Yes you won.Next time,when you get to jail for whatever reason.DO NOT USE THEIR TOILETS.
That'll teach em buddy.
To me you sound like a big proud american.
Also a racist xenophobic person.Go away.
AND I AM NOT PRO CHAVEZ,I HATE THE F*CK

OK?

So you call me a sheep merely because of my GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION over a private business security measure aided by gov't subsidies; and now I am a RACIST for making a return snide comment about how violent things are down there?

How is this fair? Tit for tat my friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
I totally agree with the thread poster. I am from Canada, and while I am completely glad of our nation being the strongest economy in the world, that our currency is holding strong and has only gone up in value, that Canada has finally become a leader and a teacher and graduated from it's wimp peacekeeping image, I am also reminded of the USA when going over these facts.

It really, and honest to god baffles me that the US has turned into such a waste land. The US use to bully Canada around in NAFTA trades, basically take what it wanted style, and use our nation as a punchline for any joke they could. The US use to be so arogant on how they prided themselves, and that they were fighters for the free world, or more importantly, THEIR world.

Today they have been turned into biggest loser contestants, and even though they have been told and heard the whispers about how their economy is going to impload very very soon, they don't care. They are just waiting for it to happen; that or they have become too stupid to realize there country is dead.

It's not like our citizens used to bully your country and take what we wanted. It was the current administration at the time that did that. The only power we have is with our votes and with boycotts. When we use our power by vote, we vote on the promises of what seem to be the right candidates. Only to have them do a complete 180 and do things we do not agree with. It's been this way for a while now. What can we do? You seem to lump American citizens in with the Corporate backed Politicians. Trust me when I say we do not like this. But steps are being taken behind closed doors that will effectively stop us from doing anything about it. Speak out against the Gov? They'll send FBI to your door.

Btw...You can have Celine Dion back. We never wanted her in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

If you hate Chavez so much, how come your not protesting him in Venezuela?????????

Are you not allowed to protest him? Or do we just not hear about it?

link   

No,i called you a sheep because you took it like a sheep.
You passively backed off and cared for yourself.
Who cares about others then?
We pay for our indifference.everyone.Even you.

link   

Originally posted by metodex

I don't think the economy will implode/explode.
But you can't take serious the way the dollar is losing power.
China is growing big time.

Growing their pollution farms?

Get real man. China is a bubble. The global corporations are exploiting it for every drop it's worth.

The people in China are victims, they are suffering incredible amounts of disease and death due to this mass industrialization with almost NO regulations on pollution control mechanisms.

When they are through with China, they will move on to India and bleed them dry. Or Africa.

Just like my nation, just like your nation.

The international corporate cartel does not care what nation they destroy, they only care about the profits they can make by doing it.

The only "superpower nation" there is now, are the mega-corporations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join