It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a dream becomes a reality...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
controlling your dreams is something so natural for me I can't give "hints" to anyone... it just happens since I was a kid. And the only reality check that works for me is watching the hour in a clock twice. If it doesn't match, then I'm dreaming. I can read, turn lights... you name it.

well, i decided to post because i was reading the thread and the thing of dreaming about children clicked on my brain.
Last August i dreamt of a little girl that was presented to me (by a guy i don't know IRL yet) as my daughter "from the future". She was a lovely little lady, very polite and kind, aside of pretty (biiig greyish blue eyes, like mine but bigger, with straight blonde hair and a ponytail at one side of her head... She produced me an extreme wave of an unknown kind of love, i think it was mother's love).
She said her name was Dajla and that she was so pleased of being my daughter... weird thing is her name, Dajla, is a place at Novigrad, Croatia.... and my heritage is croatian (from a very distant place from Dajla, but still). I didn't know about that place since the dream, and I was very clueless about the meaning of that name... I was about to ask my granpa about that and he passed away two or three days later... Now I know that the name is pronounced "Daila" with a long I at the middle because I told my mom about the dream. She almost started to cry and said: "I'm so calling my grandaughter Daila even if you don't name her like that! Because I dreamt of you one or two years before getting pregnant and you were exactly like in my dreams, so this must be a signal!"

Sad thing is I don't want to have children yet and I'm single till I leave Chile
so I'll need to wait for my Dajla a little bit more... she was so lovely =(...

and for other kind of dreams... I could be the entire night telling you all about them... my dream life is so active and extremely fun. Lucid dreaming is such an experience. I have several dream journals, i write everything important on them

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
so you did not learn how to control your dreams it was something you were able to do with no problem?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

In fact, i assumed it was a natural condition since I have been able to do it since i was a kid... later i found that the other kids didn't had those funny dreams when i was able to do whatever i wanted... i remember clearly a dream where i provocated a rain of precious jewels and gold because I wanted a place like Aladdin's cave (i was at the cinema that evening and loved that cave full of mysteries and treasures). For the same reason is weird for me to read that some people can't read on their dreams, while I have read a lot of things on them, from rotulations in bottles to electric billboards and even some manuscripts... because i have been able to do it since... always.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How do you lucid dream? I think if i can fall into a deep sleep i would be able to control my dreams without waking up.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I lucid dream but don't know how i do it. I go to bed at night actually praying that i do lucid dream because these dreams are so fullfilling. I really want the flying dreams back. I think those happened while I was pregnant and now they are gone. Perhaps it was the hormones... perhpas something else. I don't know? Will I ever? I sure do wish so. If anyone has advise on how to bring them back, I'm listening.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I always dream about future events in my life. Sadly they are all fairly mundane and nothing life changing.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Quite Intriguing OP , I have read accounts where people have dreamed or sensed the tragedies or events yet to become a part of reality .
I too have experienced a similar encounter when I was a child .

Also , when I was about 13 or 14 , after a heavy session of gaming on my Playstation 2 , I went to sleep exhausted . I dreamed of a panel with multiple sockets for plugging in joysticks . After two days , I visited my favorite Game store , and lo! I saw the same panel which I had never seen in my life before( except in my dream) . The shop-owner called it a ' multi-tap ' . At any rate , i was truly amazed .
I had once read in some article that time becomes vertical when you dream , I however do not find the statement credible or accurate .

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I had once read in some article that time becomes vertical when you dream , I however do not find the statement credible or accurate .

i believe that my most recent dream lasted 3 days when i work up only 2 1/2 hours had past
edit on 12-2-2011 by seabound because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabound

how could you tell?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Hi there just thouggt I'd chip in my two~penneth for what it's worth.

First of all I'm no expert just someone who dreams every night,every time I sleep,even a ten minute doze.Over the years I've had plenty of personal experience with dreams,no great scientific/psychological knowledge or skill at dream interpretation simply my own opinions based on my own experiences.

I've had many,many vivid,interactive dreams over the years (though it's only recently i found out they're called lucid dreams !!).Some are incredibly bad,some incredibly good but none have been prophetic like yours.

What has happened a number of times is I've dreamt of places that I've never been to until,even several years later I go to these places and then recognise them.Deja vu yes but when I realise I've been there the strangest thing is I can tell you whats round the corner,where that road goes etc,it can be quite disconcerting.

Now another thing I've noticed is that i'll be asleep dreaming and when I wake I realise that I've been dreaming about something thats on the t.v.I often doze off with the t.v on,dream and then realise on waking my dream was inspired by the t.v.

Presumably a part of my mind is able to hear whats going on as I sleep and incorparates whats I'm hearing,i.e the t.v programme into my dream.

Is it possible while you slept there was a t.v or radio on in the background with news broadcast on it ??

If not then it would seem that you've either 'connected' with the person who actually ran down that policeman which begs a whole lot of very interesting questions

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join