It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Approximately 40,000 years ago saw the birth of art as palaeolithic man began depicting everyday life upon cave walls and rock surfaces all over the world. The early artwork portrayed a life of hunting and fighting, with vivid colours made from ochre, minerals, burnt bone meal, and charcoal, mixed with water, tree sap, blood, & animal fat. Nature was a common theme with most cave paintings depicting large wild animals, such as bison, horses, aurochs, and deer and some even contain tracings of human hands.

Amazing Cave Paintings

However, about 10-12,000 years ago something strange happened. Early mans fascination with these very beautiful and detailed depictions of nature began to make way for a more unrecognisable style. It consisted of strange figures and abstract shapes and forms. In simple terms, the artwork being produced looked alien compared to what had come before it.

And this wasn't just a local phenomena. Petroglyph's from all over the globe reflect this sudden change in style, and what's more interesting, is that there are commonalities between them all. One such common etching is the "Squatter Man".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1cc98663e73.jpg[/atsimg]
Peratts Comparison of a Three-Dimensional Plasma Instability (upper left) next to its Two-Dimensional Analogue...with numerous Petroglyph examples from around the world

As you can see, similar (sometimes identical) versions of this same image can be found all over the world, complete with two dots either side of the "torso" of the stick figure. Early peoples drawing similar sights in nature is one thing, but what can explain them all drawing such an unusual and specific image?

Well Anthony Peratt is one of the worlds leading research scientist on high energy Plasma Discharges and Plasma characteristics. He has noted that:

The discovery that objects from the Neolithic or Early Bronze Age carry patterns associated with high-current Z-pinches provides a possible insight into the origin and meaning of these ancient symbols produced by man. This paper directly compares the graphical and radiation data from high-current Z-pinches to these patterns. The paper focuses primarily, but not exclusively, on petroglyph's. It is found that a great many archaic petroglyph's can be classified according to plasma stability and instability data. As the same morphological types are found worldwide, the comparisons suggest the occurrence of an intense aurora, as might be produced if the solar wind had increased between one and two orders of magnitude, millennia ago

From Peratts' 2003 paper; Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current,
Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity

More information can be found in the following video (5 minutes onwards):

It is interesting to note that Peratt was able to replicate many symbols that can be found in ancient mythology too, such as Sumerian god, Ninurta's "Divine Weapon":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b89d9eb468.jpg[/atsimg]
Ninurtas Divine Weapon and Plasma Discharge Compared

So, could it be that Palaeolithic man was merely replicating what he saw in the heavens above him? This would account for why the same symbols and images are found all over the world.

Is it unreasonable to think that the ancients must have witnessed such Plasma instabilities on a massive celestial scale thousands of years ago? Well Peratt maintains that under certain conditions any celestial system, such as a solar system, is not electrically neutral and that enormous discharges can occur between differently polarised planetary bodies, causing enormous scarring and searing of the planets surfaces.

Apparent evidence of our solar systems violent past can be seen on the Lunar surface, not to mention Mars, Venus, and on a number of moons.

The Hygenis Rille that can be found on The Moon is one such example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19320e5afef5.jpg[/atsimg]

These "rilles" are commonly thought to be the remains of collapsed lava tubes or extinct lava flows. However, some physicists argue that these rilles show the typical characteristics of channels created, not by lava flow, but by massive electrostatic discharges during a time when the solar system was a lot more electrically active.

Another example is the Valles Marineris on Mars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9bb53d257b6.jpg[/atsimg]

At more than 4,000 km long, 200 km wide and up to 7 km deep, this huge scar upon the surface of Mars could only have been caused, according to physicist Wallace Thornhill, by a huge thunderbolt:

It couldn't have been anything else. Valles Marineris was created by a giant electrical arc sweeping across the surface of Mars. The rock and soil were lifted into space. Some of it fell back around the planet to create the great, strewn fields of boulders seen by both Viking Landers and Pathfinder.

So, what does all this mean? Well, first of all it would add credence to The Electric Universe theory (a complete shake up of the "accepted" theories) and would force us to rethink our recent (and distant) cosmological history.

But it would also force us to approach the ancient creation stories in a completely different way, for if their symbols and descriptions match actual cosmological events, perhaps their tales of "gods from the stars" and "wars in the heavens" also have a grounding in truth?

Were the ancients merely witnessing these natural celestial cataclysms and interpreting them the only way they knew how? Or could there be a literal truth to the ancient myths?

Could the scarring of Mars (god of war) be the result of highly advanced plasma weaponry that those the ancients called "gods" once deployed in battle?

How much truth hides within the myth?

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

- Arthur C. Clarke

Relevant Sources:
www.thunderbolts.info...
gizadeathstar.com...
www.holoscience.com...
www.thunderbolts.info...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Awesome photos.

I agree with some sort of visitation in our past.

I dont think all of the figures being the same as coincidence.

It also can explain religion.

But with all things we cant prove it, unless we find a ufo somewhere on earth.

Who knows, the aliens who visited us might even be extinct now, thousands of years is a long time for any species, especially at the amount of tech they had, they must of used all of there rescources by now surely

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Great thread...thanks for your time.

Could the scarring of Mars (god of war) be the result of highly advanced plasma weaponry that those the ancients called "gods" once deployed in battle?

I hope not...to think that beings from another planet developed this technology and utilized it to decimate other civilizations on other planets, would lead me to believe that our ass is grass sooner than later...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This thread is NOT about ancient aliens, rather it is about the celestial apearances of effects which were massive planetary coronal discharges, as the solar system settled into the sedate orbits and fairly stable condition we find it to be today.
The combination of ancient anthropology study, and Electric universe theory, seems to explain the comonality found in ancient depictions of celestial phenominae from around the world.
Other explanations from this theory account for many many more solar and celestial phenominae as well...
The abundance of glass spherules both on the moon and earth....and other anomalous things we have pondered over the centuries.
Be sure to check out Soupdragon on you tube for excellent videos which will aquiant you with this electric universe....
fast becoming a part of our reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You've inspired questions:

After being made privy to the information in this thread recently:
The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

What you just posted makes me wonder... What might the cosmological effects be when two galaxies collide? Being that they could hypothetically be made up of different components one could speculate that there may in fact be a whole plethora of "reactive anomalies" as they slowly collided. Perhaps, the collision of our once small galaxy with the much larger Milky Way galaxy, at the time all the poly-glyphs were prevalent, was in a state that caused much of the possible celestial events that were witnessed and documented on cave walls.

Mind you, I am aware that these collisions take ions to run full course, but to reiterate, perhaps at that specific point in time during the collision, in conjunction with the point in civilization that the poly-glyphs occurred, could have very well been at the prime peak for such celestial events.

Not too improbable of a notion i don't think.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Perhaps they knew something of the large-scale structure of the galaxy which we have "just" discovered.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1276dd390ce9.jpg[/atsimg]
NASA's Fermi Telescope Finds Giant Structure in our Galaxy
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Originally posted by facelift
I hope not...to think that beings from another planet developed this technology and utilized it to decimate other civilizations on other planets, would lead me to believe that our ass is grass sooner than later...

Well, this technology is currently at the theoretical stage here on Earth. Check out some of the work of Paul LaViolette (Ph.D) for more on that type of technology.

Recognized in the Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Dr. LaViolette is the first to predict that high intensity volleys of cosmic ray particles travel directly to our planet from distant sources in our Galaxy, a phenomenon now confirmed by scientific data. He is also the first to discover high concentrations of cosmic dust in Ice Age polar ice, indicating the occurrence of a global cosmic catastrophe in ancient times.

Some of his work goes right over my head, but the stuff I do understand, is fascinating.

Also, according to some of the ancient creation epics, we are the direct descendent of the "gods" who possess this technology. So perhaps we are safe?

Although, having said that, they do state we were created as a slave race. So perhaps not

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It's an interesting theory

Although my understanding is that the process takes millions and millions of years and so the thought that such celestial peaks would be observable in the recent past, or that they would have been observable at all, on such a local level, is minimal.

After all, only very slight (debatable) changes are being observed at the outskirts of our solar system right now, and even they might not have anything to do with the galaxy collision.

I'm no expert on that issue though, so I'd never rule anything out.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.It is very interesting and i absolutely believe that the ancients had incredible knowledge and experienced things that they were trying to tell us in their paintings and heiroglyphics. I dont believe for one second that the earth has not been visited by celestial beings. It is absurd to believe otherwise. Take into consideration the picture from the Hubble Space Telescope of deep space with all the clusters of galaxies.... Our Milky Way galaxy is so enormous we cant even wrap our minds around the reality of how big it is. Our solar system is in the outskirts of the Milky Way galaxy. The picture of deep space that i mentioned is incredible because the telescope was pointed in a spot in space that was completely dark and looked like there was nothing there, and also the lens was the diameter of a dime. (i am not completely sure about the diameter, but i did read that in a few different places, but if that is not true, does it really make a difference?) So, in my opinon, anyone who believes we are alone in the universe should just be smacked lol. (J/K)
Thanks again for posting this i am interested to see what others think.

One of the deep space pictures taken by the Hubble...
www.rickrichards.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hiya mate, there's a lot to be said about the apparent change in the way people represented abstract ideas and their world through art.

Famous examples like the magical art of the Chauvet Caves go back to ~40kya, but it doesn't mean that we weren't getting all creative in the years before. It's hard to be emphatic over the dates, but it's all that's left to go on. In anthropology, the period is often described as 'the great leap forward' (!). when human artefacts became noticeably more elaborate. Stone tools changed and from what evidence we have, human society went through big changes too.

However, about 10-12,000 years ago something strange happened. Early mans fascination with these very beautiful and detailed depictions of nature began to make way for a more unrecognisable style. It consisted of strange figures and abstract shapes and forms. In simple terms, the artwork being produced looked alien compared to what had come before it.

I think human evolution is often mischaracterised as being wholly to do with the physical changes that have led from early hominids to us...homo sapiens sapiens. We look at the progress in simple terms. It's often overlooked that the brain also evolves and the way our brain expresses itself grows in complexity with every passing generation.

It's little surprise that the designs we carved and daubed on rock surfaces have changed throughout time. In a way I find quite profound, the history of art has followed the same steps as one human life. As a child, our expressions are simple. As we grow older and our concepts of abstract thought develop into adulthood, our artistic expression does the same.

In the paper, it's possible that Perrat has looked at the petroglyphs through the filter of plasma science. Is he any different to someone who sees the same depictions as aliens? Is it more than a form of intuitive pareidolia? From my perspective, he's seeing patterns that confirm his way of thinking. Here's an example from the paper...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ea816a199b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Why wouldn't they be depictions of bighorn sheep?

Drinking vessel or plasma column?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65e7bcfba06f.jpg[/atsimg]

Such glyphs didn't begin and end 10-12kya. They've been carved across the world into the last millennia. North America has very similar depictions from as recently as ~ 1200AD (Anasazi).

If they are supposed to represent phenomena that support the plasma/electric universe ideas, why haven't the literate societies and civilisations written about them?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
As you can see, similar (sometimes identical) versions of this same image can be found all over the world, complete with two dots either side of the "torso" of the stick figure. Early peoples drawing similar sights in nature is one thing, but what can explain them all drawing such an unusual and specific image?

Maybe the ETs themselves left the images behind as sort of a "calling card" at each place they visited in a form the natives could relate to? That would explain why they all look similiar all over the world. It made me think of "Kilroy was Here"

Excuse the screw up on the italicized font on my reply - I'm new at this.....
edit on 13-1-2011 by ETeeTime because: Wouldn't let me type in normal font

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Is it possible that the change in style of petroglyph is a sign that the artists had begun to draw the imaginary, and that certain images were common due to the nature of the human brain?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
im glad people are looking into this. interesting conclusions will come

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am a great believer in the ancient alien theory I have watched all the series on the history channel and there is so much evidence right out in the open even in the bible.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think it points in the direction of Electric Universe, not ancient aliens. Natural Phenomenon in the skies, our solar system does travel through different densities/temperatures and charges in space.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that with some of the stick figures, it either appears they are depicting a squatting individual defecating, or are depicting a squatting male with a, erm, generous endowment. If they drew what they knew and saw daily, maybe it really is a depiction of someone defecating, or someone's member on display. I don't see what's so unusual about that anyway, since ancient man held breasts in high regard (we still do
) Boob or penis, it's the same to me. If one person drew breasts, another can draw penises.
edit on 1/13/2011 by Nyiah because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
You've inspired questions:

After being made privy to the information in this thread recently:
The Milky Way - Welcome to your New Home Galaxy!

What you just posted makes me wonder... What might the cosmological effects be when two galaxies collide? Being that they could hypothetically be made up of different components one could speculate that there may in fact be a whole plethora of "reactive anomalies" as they slowly collided. Perhaps, the collision of our once small galaxy with the much larger Milky Way galaxy, at the time all the poly-glyphs were prevalent, was in a state that caused much of the possible celestial events that were witnessed and documented on cave walls.

Mind you, I am aware that these collisions take ions to run full course, but to reiterate, perhaps at that specific point in time during the collision, in conjunction with the point in civilization that the poly-glyphs occurred, could have very well been at the prime peak for such celestial events.

Not too improbable of a notion i don't think.

Galactic collisions take billions of years, it's not something that happens over a few centuries and is over.

Also, although I realize that what you're saying need not involve any real collisions, it should be pointed out that it is extremely unlikely that any actual physical collisions occur at all in any galactic "collision." Excepting, obviously, dust clouds and other nebulae, which could cause some sort of discharges. But these sorts of displays would have been in the sky before humans arose, and still would be today, considering the Milky way is still consuming the Sagittarius dwarf as we speak.

Not to mention, Earth actually is not from some other galaxy:

IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THIS WEBPAGE BECAUSE YOU HAVE HEARD FALLACIOUS NEWS REPORTS ABOUT THE SUN BEING FROM THE SAGITTARIUS DWARF GALAXY:

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE WEB!

This web page contains the original press release text from 2003(!) that has been corrupted/misinterpreted to "support" the incorrect conclusion that the Sun did not originate in the Milky Way galaxy. Read carefully and you will see this press release only details the characteristics of the Sagittarius galaxy and nothing more. All astrophysical evidence points confidently and indisputably to the fact the Sun is now and has always been a part of the Milky Way.

Source

The page above is a University of Virginia webpage containing the original press release (from U of V researchers) about this, updated by the lead author of the paper to state what I quoted above.

Again, Earth not being from some other galaxy does not preclude strange looking effects from galactic collisions. But these effects would be constantly visible in the sky. They wouldn't have just come about one day, as your linked crackpot surmises.

The Milky way is always colliding with some dwarf galaxy.

Harte

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have often pondered over what would happen if an expeditionary party very far from home were to suffer a catastrophic breakdown and be stranded, perhaps a global catastrophe. How long could their knowledge of technology survive if they were to lose manufacturing capabilities? In a likely scenario the expedition may not have the root technological knowledge but perhaps only the wherewithall to use the technology but not engineer it.

If said expedition were forced to rely on their survival skills and manage to survive far removed from their ilk, how long could the knowledge of their former technological survive? How many generations until it is lost completely?

I picture a scenario where grandpa fashions a homemade rope from materials at hand, then at night tells stories to his progeny of his former world full of wonders then unimaginable. These stories are preserved for as long as possible, still lacking the manufacturing abilities to replicate it. When comes the day those progeny will completely dismiss grandpa's tales to the probability he is inhaling too much of his rope?

I posit a similar scenario may have taken place in our history.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
These are two drawings I made that show the two main types of petroglyphs found in the first post:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2baa24e6f39.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44a1ef7767a6.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 13-1-2011 by benuphoenix because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Could this be an example of an earlier Yin and Yang? A precursor to the Chinese philosophy?

edit on 13-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join