It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic and wonderful post. THIS is why I joined!!!!
Something big happened long ago for certain. So much based on the sky, can you imagine if you looked up and saw something like this in the sky - from ALL vantage points . . . no wonder - or I should write, it explains the facination and high regard they held for the sky. I remember I KNEW what the Haley Bop was, but when I looked up one night walking my dog into the clear night sky and saw it a very, very deep primative fear washed over me. I instantly held our ancients in higher regard. They had no nightly news to explain this sort of thing, it must have been terrifying!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Are there any pictures showing the glyphs adjacent to the "Squatter Man" glyphs available? I'm curious as to whether the adjacent glyphs could give clues as to the context and meaning of the glyphs presented.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Heres some videos to watch...check these out for a fuller understanding of the electric universe and perhaps check back with u toob for more if you are unsatisfied.....
Theres a lot of material to go over.....cheers s

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ridiculous similarities.

However, I am fascinated about the two dots on either side of the stick figure. They clearly do not relate to breasts or testicles. Could they represent the Sun and Moon and man being in the middle of the cycle? Could they represent day and night or a ying/yang influence, such as good and evil or the two natures of man?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

If you haven't read anything by physicist Joseph P Farrell yet then do . I'd start with THE COSMIC WAR - Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics and Ancient texts. He delves into those petroglyphs and concludes the ancients were recording things they saw in the sky that had been produced as a result of the deployment of advanced weaponry. The only problem I had is that he believes the events that gave rise to the sky phenomena drawn in the petroglyphs occured hundreds of thousands of years ago, which doesn't make much sense given the eye witnesses recorded the phenomena in art work that was much more recent. I'd also recommend another of his books, THE GIZA DEATH STAR which ties in well with what you talk about. His conclusions in that work suggest the pyramid was not only a power plant, as Christopher Dunn has discussed, but that it was also a weapon employing scalar physics that had the capability of blowing up entire planets.

edit on 14/1/11 by cosmicpixie because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Cheers for that, very interesting

One possibility includes a particle jet from the supermassive black hole at the galactic center. In many other galaxies, astronomers see fast particle jets powered by matter falling toward a central black hole. While there is no evidence the Milky Way's black hole has such a jet today, it may have in the past.

Who knows what impact (if any) this could have had on our local solar system?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

What you just posted makes me wonder... What might the cosmological effects be when two galaxies collide?

Polar shift, Being that the magnetic pole is constantly being 'tugged' between the solar plane and the galactic plane. Wobbling somewhere in the middle...

I have not investigated this in stellarium yet but its an idea I have been toying with.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I don't see what's so unusual about that anyway, since ancient man held breasts in high regard (we still do
) Boob or penis, it's the same to me. If one person drew breasts, another can draw penises.
edit on 1/13/2011 by Nyiah because: typo

Not really. We're wired to be more concerned with waist to ass ratio. Fascination with skinny girls and big breasts is a recent European fad.

Tribes all over the world have females walking around with their breasts hanging about.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Staysay29

No problemo

I'm still not sure about the whole "ancient aliens" theory if I'm honest, I think some of the connections are ridiculous at worst, and highly speculative at best. Even the information contained in the OP is very speculative, but I found it fascinating all the same.

I truly believe in extraterrestrial life, like you say, one glance at some of the Hubble images makes the thought that we are the only intelligent being in the universe completely absurd. But whether these beings have contacted us in the past is something I'm not sure about. I love the subject though.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Similarly, I do not wholly subscribe to the ancient "aliens" theories preferring "advanced civilization" concepts. I believe that seems the more likely theory - as in the scenario I posited earlier in the thread where a global catastrophe destroyed manufacturing capabilities but the knowledge of the technology lived on in drawings or such but was eventually lost over time. There are some indications the level of tech we know now had in fact existed in our past. I believe the bible and other legends and myths tell of this.

I don't entirely dismiss "alien" theories, it is just that space travel over such astronomical distances seems, well... remote.

The Nibiru scenario, or a similar scenario, suggests that space "surfing" could account for alien visitation. At times when heavenly bodies pass within proximity of each other our present technology shows we can make the somewhat close reach in the vastness of space. Those windows of opportunity would only be open at perhaps very long intervals, thousands of years perhaps, and such window is not currently open or within recent history.

Depicting advanced technologies one has no concept of likely offer the scenario that the observer misses the point of the tech completely. And in generations following, the tech is once again lost when there is not means of replicating it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
suggest: 1. read EARTH IN UPHEAVAL by I. VELIKOVSKY 2. obtain and play with two small magnets 3. ask yourself why the idea of sol's planets not having always been in their present orbits might preclude rational thinking 4. pray for eureka! brain event
edit on 14-1-2011 by boxturtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting OP!
I do believe that at some point in our history, the solar system experienced a time of higher than normal electrical activity. We could have passed through a cloud of highly charged plasma.

I showed my father the movie "thunderbolts of the gods" which talks about all of this. He is very into Astronomy and geology, and is a retired teacher. It was interesting to hear my father say he had often wondered if the sky was different during part of our history, precisely due to this reason. It was funny to hear him say this when we had never talked about this topic before.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This is called intelligence. Symbolism is actually a sign of poor intelligence. Embodiment and abstract art is a sign of higher intelligence. The reasoning behind it is simple. Abstractions and embodiment require more thought than representation and symbolism.

Thus, even into the modern age, the most intelligent and knowledgeable creators of culture go abstract and embodiment.

As an architect in training, if you tried to make a representational building, you fail.

I actually had a thread about the idea of ancient aliens. Basically, it's a busted theory. Now that doesn't mean nobody came by to observe or take tests and samples. It simply means that they never really influenced us. Aliens are always in our image, indicating mankind invented that image. And the technology the use is always within what we already know. never have we "learned" something. The culture around it has also changed as our culture as evolved. As we become an increasingly machine-dependent people, we have begun portraying aliens as using unmanned probes and things.

I mean, before UAVs entered common knowledge, just about the only mention of an unmanned probe was in 2001 space odyssey. Before that, ships always had people in them.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benuphoenix
Are there any pictures showing the glyphs adjacent to the "Squatter Man" glyphs available? I'm curious as to whether the adjacent glyphs could give clues as to the context and meaning of the glyphs presented.

Nice question, and you have anticipated what I was going to post, since rock art is one of the subjects I study as an anthropologist. I also noticed that two of the "men" in the images are actually women. The images appear at different times and in different cultures. Lots of other things appear on those rock panels, including abstract images, images of plants and a lot of other information. They don't form a consistent hole, and sometimes they are in conjunction with older (and younger) art.

So they're cherrypicked examples.

Stylistically, the people had ways of representing humans both before and after that style appears. Think of comic books -- how different the superhero of the 1930's is from the superhero of 2005. Looking at the placement of the art (and what else is around it) shows that the type of art is associated with one culture and will get modified over time or fall out of favor from one century to the next.

I'll find some solid examples next week. I'm away from home this weekend.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This thread greatly resonates with me. I actually couldn't believe how greatly this thread resonated with me. Thank you OP! I never knew anything about this.

There are so many things in my life that gravitate towards exactly this but I didn't know how it was connected. Your post set off a light bulb in my head. I know I sound a bit cryptic but I really don't want to go into details.

I would like to pose a question to knowledgeable members.

How would one recognize the point when an arcing between two large bodies is imminent?

Any facts or theories are welcome!

S&F
edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Simplified

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Not sure what you mean. With calculus and lasers, you can see something coming to each other the very second they begin to move. Well more accurately, after 3 seconds. You need 2-3 + points of reference.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Not sure what you mean. With calculus and lasers, you can see something coming to each other the very second they begin to move. Well more accurately, after 3 seconds. You need 2-3 + points of reference.

To expand a bit. I'm curious in what is observable or measurable before neutralization occurs. Would there be a polarization? Bend in light? other effects?

(BTW thanks for responding)
edit on 14-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You'll have to extend what you're talking about. I thought you meant interaction of gravity between planets.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
While playing with a Mayan Calendar date convertion program, I found that the long count date -1.5.0.0.0.0 ( 25 baktuns before 0.0.0.0.0 ) matches the date Wed 2/25/12969 BC on the Gregorian Calendar.
This is a very close match for the approximate date of 12950 BC that the Z-Pinch Aurora was supposed to have happened according to this site.
I don't know if there is any significance to this, but I thought it was interesting and relevant enough to post here.
edit on 14-1-2011 by benuphoenix because: Added the link.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Staysay29

No problemo

I'm still not sure about the whole "ancient aliens" theory if I'm honest, I think some of the connections are ridiculous at worst, and highly speculative at best. Even the information contained in the OP is very speculative, but I found it fascinating all the same.

I truly believe in extraterrestrial life, like you say, one glance at some of the Hubble images makes the thought that we are the only intelligent being in the universe completely absurd. But whether these beings have contacted us in the past is something I'm not sure about. I love the subject though.

Well I think the ancient astronaut theory is the best to explain the thousands of strange paintings scribbled in cave walls, the nazca lines, the sculptures of creatures wearing these very strange protective suits which look like soething an astronaut wears. If you want some proof look at this:
www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...
the pictures got me thinking hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join