It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He was an atheist"...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrvdreamknight

Originally posted by Wertdagf
i thought youd atleast post some proof he was an athiest....

Obviosuly your new at this whole thread making thing.

Yep. I am.

Silly me. I thought quoting a national expert who has a national radio and TV show would provide the proof you are requesting.

Glenn Beck wrote the letter, not me.

So if you have a problem with his vetting process let him know.

If your quoting somebody put

It's a helpful tip.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by mrvdreamknight

national expert
? Glenn Beck?

As for Beck's staff vetting the information, he has admitted he does not fact-check.

Here's an idea for all of you - how about you actually do a google search - Here let me help you - go to google and type in the losers name and atheist and see what you get.

Here, let me help you again. You will get stories saying he is in fact an atheist from the following news organization: the associated press, aol news, Detroit Free Press, yahoo news, et., etc.

So do you really think that none of these news organizations did a back ground check on this guy?

Deny ignorance my ass.

You people seem to embrace it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You are changing your topic. You started out saying Glenn Beck, a national expert, said he was an atheist. We said Glenn Beck is an expert on nothing (except BSing the public) and that he does not check facts at all. So indeed, deny ignorance.

Regarding your new in-thread topic, he may well be an atheist. I see no relevance to whether or not he is religious-and I am a Christian.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You are changing your topic. You started out saying Glenn Beck, a national expert, said he was an atheist. We said Glenn Beck is an expert on nothing (except BSing the public) and that he does not check facts at all. So indeed, deny ignorance.

Regarding your new in-thread topic, he may well be an atheist. I see no relevance to whether or not he is religious-and I am a Christian.

WHAT????? lmao

Changing the topic? What the heck are you talking about?

THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD - HECK THE VERY NAME OF THIS THREAD - IS:

""He was an atheist"..."

I am honestly laughing out loud at your comments.

Yes. I allowed you all to change the topic when you tried attacking Beck but I kept trying to stay on topic by saying that his insane killing was an atheist.

Why most of you over reacted or tried saying he wasn't, I'll never understand.

You all made a way bigger deal about it than I ever thought possible.

Your point about it not mattering is correct - so why make such a big deal about it then?

Did you not read several of my responses, I've lost track at this point, but I'd say I repeated this around four or five times:

"Believers and nonbelievers are all capable of horrendous crimes.

Atheists always imply directly or indirectly that they are rational and do not commit such crimes.

Obviously, that's utter nonsense but that's the bs they always spew."

So let me repeat it again - Deny Ignorance my ass - some of you here embrace it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So.... He was an atheist?

How does that link with his crimes? Did it motivate him? Did it entice him to do this?

Somehow i doubt it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
So.... He was an atheist?

How does that link with his crimes? Did it motivate him? Did it entice him to do this?

Somehow i doubt it.

Please re-read the post immediately prior to yours. The answer your looking for is right there.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I haven't had the time to read through all the posts,
but here is a clue for everyone :

Here

Here is some more info on the same subject :
yeshiva world

mother jones

politico

edit on 12/1/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Thought it was general knowledge that anyone is capable of a crime no matter what his religious view.
Just seemed like you were bashing on atheists.
First time I've heard of an atheist claiming to be logical and unable to commit a crime.lol.

Anyz,if that's what the thread is about than I suppose you are correct sir...atheists are indeed capable of commit horrible crimes.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I just find it a wee bit ironic that the victim's religious beliefs were quickly
reported in the media, why ?
what importance is it ? ? ? why is this 'news' ?
If this is what 'media' says is relevant news, then it is only fair to
disclose the religious back-ground of the perpetrator.
(in other words it was for propaganda, & biased)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yep. I am.

Silly me. I thought quoting a national expert who has a national radio and TV show would provide the proof you are requesting.

Except...

Being a blow-hard on a radio show does not make Glen Beck an "expert."

Just so ya know...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome

Yep. I am.

Except...

Being a blow-hard on a radio show does not make Glen Beck an "expert."

Just so ya know...

At this point it is extremely obvious that some of you here don't read the posts or you pick and choose which ones you read.

Just so know...this thread isn't about beck...which you would already know if you read any of the previous posts. But here, let me help you out by quoting one of mine for you:

"Here's an idea for all of you - how about you actually do a google search - Here let me help you - go to google and type in the losers name and atheist and see what you get.

Here, let me help you again. You will get stories saying he is in fact an atheist from the following news organization: the associated press, aol news, Detroit Free Press, yahoo news, et., etc.

So do you really think that none of these news organizations did a back ground check on this guy?

Deny ignorance my ass."

You people seem to embrace it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That is extremely likely. The media also reported that his actions were the result of right wing rhetoric though no link whatsoever has been established. It is unwise to rely on an appeal to authority when the source of the authority is demonstrably errant.

Also, as I previously reported, Erad3 responded to one of my posts about atheism and it was clear from his post that not only was he not atheist, he seemed to have a problem with the concept of atheism.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

But what's the point? Where's the causation between 'being an atheist' and 'shooting a bunch of people including an elected official'?

He was also a member of ATS, does that mean it had something to do with his shooting? Doubtful, I'm sure the shooting was based in some complex psychological issues, as the posts you find on here will attest.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yes, the change of topic. You changed the thread title. It was originally about Glenn Beck saying the shooter was an atheist. You got the thread off-topic by calling Beck a national expert.

But all that is done now. I have played along with your new thread title and I have asked you: why does it matter if he was an atheist or not? You said that both religious and non-religious people commit horrific crimes. WIth that admission, I have to ask you: What is this thread about? What are you trying to achieve here?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

There has been no suggestion that he killed due to his non belief in anything,

I don't think he believed in Santa either, maybe that's why he started shooting people?

Glenn Beck said he was an atheist.

I was not surprised by this finding.

I never said the nutjob killed because of it - but evidently you must have.

If you are not making a point about a connection between "Athiest" and "psychotic killer", then what point are you trying to make?
Why would you not be surprised that he might or might not be an Athiest?
I genuinly don't understand?

If you actually took the time to read the first few posts you would see one in which I made my point responding to another poster:

"You just made it.

Believers and nonbelievers are all capable of horrendous crimes.

Atheists always imply directly or indirectly that they are rational and do not commit such crimes.

I have never heard such nonsense in my life.
Can you please tell me one Atheist that has claimed that Athiests are not capable of disgusting acts of cruelty?
I really think you were bored when you started this thread and did it just for something to do.
Might I suggest you engage your brain before starting any more?
Peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

I was pretty sure it had something to do with the Tooth Fairy.

In all seriousness OP, Atheist bashing in this manner gets old. Maybe for a moment you could consider doing something more productive with your time? I bet there is a really charming fellow under all of this other useless trash.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

But what's the point? Where's the causation between 'being an atheist' and 'shooting a bunch of people including an elected official'?

He was also a member of ATS, does that mean it had something to do with his shooting? Doubtful, I'm sure the shooting was based in some complex psychological issues, as the posts you find on here will attest.

Who knew?

Who knew my simple statement about the nutjob being an atheist would generate such name calling and attacking as it did?

I sure did not.

Especially not from my always rational atheist friends here on ats.

I did not say or imply a "causation" bewteen the two. You made that jump.

All I said was, "Figures this insane dude was an atheist."

You, you of all people here, asked for my point after I have stated it, and quoted it, and requoted it, at least a half dozen times or more? You are the superior intellect here, and yet you didn't read my point all six or more times?

Fine. Here it is again:

"Believers and nonbelievers are all capable of horrendous crimes.

The rest of your reply is non-related, so I will not reply to it point by point.

Pray this clears things up for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Yes, the change of topic. You changed the thread title. It was originally about Glenn Beck saying the shooter was an atheist. You got the thread off-topic by calling Beck a national expert.

But all that is done now. I have played along with your new thread title and I have asked you: why does it matter if he was an atheist or not? You said that both religious and non-religious people commit horrific crimes. WIth that admission, I have to ask you: What is this thread about? What are you trying to achieve here?

"You changed the thread title." "You changed the thread title." ?????????

WTF are you talking about?

You my friend are not even being rational.

I don't even know how to change the thread title.

I didn't even know you could change the thread title.

I did not change the thread title.

This leaves two options, you are a loon, or you are wrong.

Praying it's the latter.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EclecticallyYours

Just as old as the "Religious" bashing that goes on here. I really wish... And I am not aiming this at you as I do not know your posting habits. That people would cut the bullcrap and realise that a person's belief system or whatever DOES NOT make them a killer. Being human is what makes a person a potential killer. Not whatever ism they adhere to. And not everyone is going to agree on everything. Everybody needs to learn to accept that because not accepting it is exactly what has led to the attrocities we bandy about and blame this or that for.

Like I said, not aimed you. Just a general lament your comments touched off.........

But in a nutshell...........

CUT THE CRAP PEOPLE!!!!!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: And the mumraths outgrabe.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

All I said was, "Figures this insane dude was an atheist."

Do you not think that was enough to convey the message the people reading this seem to be getting? What do you suppose the above sentence says? How do you take this "Figures that child molestor was a Christian." Might that seem to intimate a causal link? Does that not seem judgemental and derissive? Honestly, what did you mean by it other than to claim that it would make sense to you that he killed because he was an atheist. I am having trouble finding any other way to read it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join