It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon ATS!!! Australia needs us!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
You are a champion of epic proportions for writing this thread!

Yes, We are under a massive deluge of water on the north coast of Australia.

The pictures must be seen to be believed. Australia has attempted to support all European nations, the continent of America and South America, Africa and the area of Asia.

Please assist the country which will support you all when things become difficult in future times of termoil.

We are only a population of 22 million with the area similar to Russia.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info guys

Keep it comming!

I would also direct people to
THIS THREAD

Which also has good info on the flooding

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

We don't need s*&%. It's a bit of bloody water. So what if it covers an area the size of NSW. And well Toowoomba flash flood was a bit of a freak of nature, thats all. Stop trying to harp up and get sympathy from the rest of the world. Bloody Id!()7

How do you reply to this without getting banned,

You type this crap ( which lucky you still can ) and you live in Brisbane, but thats a lie because no true blue brother would even say that , I call you a heartless fraud .

This guy is lying he isnt even from Australia any chance we can get this prick banned

Wal

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Help with what?

What kind of information?

What kind of help?

What do you need?

By doing what ATS does best

Pulling together and getting out the best up to date info

It may just save someones life.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Contact your local government and request assistance in the form of gifts, money, labour ect.

This is a true calling on the human spirit if you are willing to help another country who is human like all of us.

Major financial organizations and familys will assist. Us, the small guy can donate the same if we all chip in.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Stay strong Australia.

You're in my thoughts. Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This aint over yet, not by a long shot. That water has got to go somewhere, it cant sink into the ground because that is already sodden so the water will travel south into NSW. The only place that water has to go is straight down through NSW, into SA and out into the Great Australian Bight.

Im in Sydney btw, and my heart goes out to my fellow Queenslanders and soon to be New South Welshmen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
HERE IS HOW TO DONATE TO HELP THE RELIEF EFFORT.

I would urge anyone with a heart to do so

Please pass the link on to get the info out there

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

A lot are mate..the Taliban go home for the winter so the coalition force numbers get reduced as well.

edit on 11/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There are no words that can comfort our fellow brothers and sisters in parts of Australia facing the worst of flood disaster, and more to come, a trial of epic proportions. The loss of lives and property is immeasurable as the pain and suffering they are going through.

Some will look upon the heavens and ponder why. There really is no need to. This is our planet we all share, and is not as stable as many had presume. There had been far worse disasters, both man made and natural during the course of civilisation in every part of our fragile homeworld.

But do know that no matter what happens, it will end. The waters will eventually recede. And the land rehabitable again. Throughout it all, we humans remain, come hell or highwater. It is the indomitable free will of humanity, to never let anything get us down. Each time our ancestors fell, they stood up, stronger and wiser than before.

So too must our fellow brothers and sisters in Australia be now, Stay strong, help one another to face this trial, and the nation will be stronger than ever before. Nothing is more important than human lives. Properties can always be rebuild back, but precious lives once gone is forever. Heed the bulletin warnings and take care. The world is with you, and praying for everyone's safety.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAnnunaki

Our leaders have been on tv all day.. I dont know where your from but yous obviously arent getting the same as us in Australia

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just spoke with a lady at the Australia High Commission in London and for those here in the UK who wish to donate to help the relief effort you can do so at most high street banks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My heart bleeds for my fellow Aussies even though I am currently on the other side of the world.
But I do have to say looking through some images Here You really have to be proud of the Aussie spirit!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce1e4fd65784.jpg[/atsimg]

Am sitting here in Malta listening to Brissy Radio

edit on 11/1/11 by CthulhuRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
By doing what ATS does best

Getting whipped into a frenzy over baseless speculation?

Pulling together and getting out the best up to date info

Oh. We must be talking about different ATS's.

My thoughts go out to our Aussie friends. Natural disasters are never much fun.
Judging from the Kiwis I know, Aus. will come out the other end of this with style.

Best of luck down there!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Abandon ship! MOVE out of the area until the disaster is over. That is what we do on the Gulf Coast - evacuate.

Where will they go, you might ask? Organize people through networks of government, churches and other non-profits in safe parts of the country to help house the evacuatees until they can return and begin rebuilding. Set up tent cities in the parks of safe areas. Organize, organize, organize for charity and love! Often people want to help but have no way to know what to do. Tell 'em what to do and they will do it!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

UPDATE:

www.smh.com.au...

A dam and a prayer

The devastating flood has left whole families missing, now a mighty dam built to protect Brisbane after its last major flood disaster is at bursting point, reports David Humphries.

WITH the dead and missing in its wake, the worst flood in 100 years is building towards Brisbane as Australia's third-biggest city holds its breath and hopes a dam 80 kilometres to its west can keep back enough water to avoid a disaster of biblical proportions.

The Wivenhoe Dam - built to spare the Queensland capital a repeat of devastating floods in 1974 - is at its limit. ''And they now have to discharge that water [further swelling the Brisbane River] … because more is on the way,'' the lord mayor, Campbell Newman, said yesterday of the ''huge challenge'' facing Wivenhoe authorities.

www.smh.com.au...

au.news.yahoo.com...

Wivenhoe put to the ultimate test

Brisbane's main defence from a catastrophic flood is facing an unprecedented test as heavy rain continues to inundate southern Queensland.

Further upstream the Wivenhoe Dam, built in the wake of the deadly 1974 floods, is pumping record amounts of water over its spillway as the flood situation rapidly changes.

Last night releases from Wivenhoe's five gates were at about 236,000 megalitres, but that level will be increased today.

'Catastrophic'

Professor Chanson says the dam operators have been progressively releasing water from the dam to prevent it filling.

"If the Wivenhoe become full up to the stage where the water in the reservoir is very close to the crest of the dam, it would mean a situation where the operators of the dam would have to open fully the gate of the spillway," he said.

"Anything coming into the reservoir would have to be immediately discharged."

He says it would be catastrophic if water made it over the top of the dam wall.

"The Wivenhoe Dam is not designed to be overtopped, it is what we call an embankment dam. And if water was to flow over the top of the crest of the dam, there would be a very high risk of erosion of the dam wall and ultimately failure of the dam," he said.

"If the water was to spill over the top of the crest of the dam we would look at the failure of the dam on the possible complete emptying of the reservoir into the Brisbane River with deadly consequences for the people living downstream."

au.news.yahoo.com...

If the dam breaks it will make the current flood look like a puddle.

I don't think I can sleep tonight, even though I'm down here in Sydney I have relatives up there, thankfully safe at the moment but that could change in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This really isn't getting anywhere near the appropriate response in the British media. Yet they go on red alert when a street in Gloucester gets a bit of water. It's pathetic.

Hopefully it clears up sooner rather than later. Is there anything that can be done, other than waiting it out?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Aussies are almost painfully OCD when it comes to organising!

They are organised, but this flood covers an area larger than Texas state, and nobody can be THAT organised!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

There was no way of knowing it was coming, absolutely none. I have seen some videos of how fast it rose in Toowoomba yesterday and it was astonishing - a river turned into a wall of water within like 5 minutes.

Don't worry though, this is Australia - we look after each other

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I know it feels overwhelming. But Aussies can do it. I also know you are independent people like us in that organizational participation for charity is not an every day occurance and not comfortable. The independent spirit of your mates will come in handy when the disaster is over and it is time to clean up and re-build.

However, you all can step outside the norm for this disaster if the media, churches and non-profits really go at the public and government. The media can be pushed with messages if charities coordinate the effort. Don't make me come over there from the Gulf coast!

What evacuation efforts are being done by charities? What is the government doing to help the displaced people and what are they going to do to help pay for rebuilding? I'm sending money as you requested. No one has told me where to send money before now and that should tell you something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join