It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News on the attack against "conspiracy theorists" over animal deaths.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Anyone who watched tonight's edition of ABC News is sure to have seen the piece about the animal deaths around the world. I don't have a link to a vid or story. Did anyone else see it and want to discuss it?

Needless to say, I was quite shocked at what was a blatant propaganda piece. Even if it is true that the animal deaths are all completely natural, ABC News went out of their way to denigrate and bemoan every theory on the subject. From the death of the Pentagon consultant to military exercises, most were mentioned and tossed aside and said to be irrational. It was the very first story of the show where the most important news is usually shown. The narrator of the story spoke in a tone that denoted doom and gloom but was completely sarcastic.

If ABC had shown why these theories are wrong, that would be one thing. But no, they just made fun of people for asking questions and seemed to imply that to do so was irrational. I think that people who are asking the questions have struck a nerve. If these theories are really false then why even bother to give them airtime?

It's completely irrational to not explore every possibility as to why these animals have died. Scientists are saying the deaths are natural even as the test results will not be back for a few weeks in some cases. Turtle doves in Italy fell dead with blue beaks. This a sign of lack of oxygen or poisoning! Maybe they were sucked up by an air current into an area where there was not enough oxygen and suffocated. Or perhaps, some people are onto something and their is more to these theories than meets the eye.

All in all, it's absurd to not explore every possibility. That's what real scientists do, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I hope someone puts the episode on youtube so we can post it and hold them accountable if and when they are proven wrong.

I do not trust the opinions of main stream media, they are the rams of the sheeple, still sheep, but help Shepard lead the flock.

Did they happen to show any proof? or did they just say what they were told to say?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

They just named off a bunch of things at once and said it was all phooey. When the story ended the anchor replied, "Well, hopefully that ends it." Or something of that nature.

All they really said was that it was natural and showed the Sheriff from Arkansas talking about 2012 stuff. It was horrible journalism. I don't watch t.v. for these reasons. I just happened to catch that at someone's house.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The media in this country are not here to inform as much as they are to control the information thats available. They are the agents of the people who control all of us.
TPTB must feel as if the conspiracy folks are some sort of threat to them, so for them its important to marginalize and trivialize us publicly every chance they get, so as to neutralize any threat we might be to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

They just named off a bunch of things at once and said it was all phooey. When the story ended the anchor replied, "Well, hopefully that ends it." Or something of that nature.

All they really said was that it was natural and showed the Sheriff from Arkansas talking about 2012 stuff. It was horrible journalism. I don't watch t.v. for these reasons. I just happened to catch that at someone's house.

Do they think we are stupid?? All they did was pose more questions.

Why are they, now, trying so hard to get people to believe this story and discredit any other thinking without proof.

I'm beginning to wonder if the powers that be know what's going on, but are informing there media to try there hardest to stop people from looking into what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
The media in this country are not here to inform as much as they are to control the information thats available. They are the agents of the people who control all of us.
TPTB must feel as if the conspiracy folks are some sort of threat to them, so for them its important to marginalize and trivialize us publicly every chance they get, so as to neutralize any threat we might be to them.

Of course we're a threat to them, if they weren't scared of us, then why would they spend so much money to hire people to discredit us.

Just check out some of the posters here on ATS, I guarantee there are a ton of agents posting and discrediting people.

I saw someone the other day say and I quote "i do not get paid to spread disinformations, I get paid to spread the truth". To me that guy just admitted he is hired to discredit us.
edit on 8-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yeah, the whole segment had a juvenile snicker-like undertone to it. It was not taken or reported seriously, and the average viewer would probably just kind of laugh it off as the same old same old real, pertinent news, accurately mixed with snickers and downplayed to the viewer in my opinion.
edit on 8-1-2011 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I'm beginning to wonder if the powers that be know what's going on, but are informing there media to try there hardest to stop people from looking into what's really going on.

The MSM is the mouth piece of Government..
They learned long ago that information is power..
And they use it well....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ABC - abstract, belittling content
NBC - never been cognizant
CBS - continuum of BS
FOX - frequently overzealous xenophobes

yeah i could go on but i'm American so i'll only dis my own.
msm is scrambling in overdrive to quell the masses Before there is even any reason. Questioning every event is human nature. They are just scared that we can and desire to be aware ... and our own discovery that we aren't so willing to buy the latest digi-fed baloney really rocks their boat.

edit on 8-1-2011 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Someone once said:

"You know when you're directly over the target when you experience the most flak."
And I think we're right over the target.

The more these theories meet resistance, the more likely it is that our theories are a little bit more than just "nutjob" ideas.

edit on 1/8/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Television spokespersons are paid prostitutes. There is no gesture, no inflection of voice that is not rehearsed to bring the desired effect on the victims. One time just before the 'election' for potus, a woman said 'now we turn to the economy'. Her voice was as though covering an infant death by falling from a high rise. Her breasts, amazingly, sagged, just at the right moment in her delivery.

It's a hard time for those just becoming aware of the shooting gallery their living rooms have been made in to. They just don't get it. They do not want to get it. I have been away from my usual monitoring activities, but I know that their game is never off. They simply never admit anything that doesn't help tptb. If they do make this mistake, it is because God intervened, and then the media swiftly deny, or drop, their story. They never hesitate to deny God. They always cover for, or make inroads, for the nwo; I'd like to suggest they do this unwittingly. But it's a club, a zionist club, and orders are orders. I am, by and large, a product of years of exposure to this abuse of trust and goodwill. I no longer have to clutter my brain with examples from my past. I learned we can become cells of resistance, powerful, matter moving resistance, simply by transcending them. Mountains must be moved, or the spirit of God will perish from existence.

The soundtracks used in various cruel hoaxes perpetuated by them were enough to hypnotize, and crush the mere thought of hope. Global warming tracks were bad, and nothing can rival the tracks they used when aids™ was the word. The first thing I do when clicking on any video is to remove all sound. There are ways to monitor them without falling under the latest HD silent sound carrier waves. Perhaps a separate subject. Someone has a stiff one for my thoughts, lately.

edit on 8-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I don't give a damn about their "debunking efforts" because they're mainstream media. The people who work for mainstream media better realize that hell is waiting for them for spreading propaganda and lies.

Since there is a plethora of animals sudden deaths around the world, I think magnetic pole shift may be the root cause. If this is true, we can expect earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes at places which never have them before.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The attack on 'conspiracy theorists' suggests to me they are hiding something.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

All in all, it's absurd to not explore every possibility. That's what real scientists do, right?

Absolutely, the better the scientist, the more flack they get. It is when everyone stops listening to you that you have reassess your approach. I know it can feel discriminatory when people and the media laugh at valid unanswered questions. I think it is because it short circuits their brain and they don't know how else to respond. It is the duty of a good scientist to go into the unknown and make it known.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Unfortunately, nope. Scientist are regular guys like you and me. They have families and mouths to feed. Workers can easily work elsewhere if they speak out against the management, but scientists depend on FUNDING from paymasters, usually corporations.

Only the really brave will dare speak out, but once said, they may lose funding ever again, espacially nowadays where capitalism is long dead and monopolies rule Earth. It's easier to bray along like others than to stand out and be targetted. This is a reality every layman must be prepared to accept, and not be taken in by their supposed ' professionalism'. It carries no integrity except for the brave.

One way or another, the truth will prevail. Nothing can stay hidden forever, more so something this big.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree with all of the above posters remarks. Also, I do believe that we are starting to get somewhere if the media are doing an all out hit piece. I don't even have a theory as to the cause of the animal deaths, but, fireworks killing 5,000 birds is a tad ridiculous. Not unless these fireworks had a serious amount of concussive power or the birds flew full speed into buildings. The part about the buildings makes no sense, though, if they were falling from the sky onto roads and streets. No buildings are over streets.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by kwakakev

Unfortunately, nope. Scientist are regular guys like you and me. They have families and mouths to feed. Workers can easily work elsewhere if they speak out against the management, but scientists depend on FUNDING from paymasters, usually corporations.

Only the really brave will dare speak out, but once said, they may lose funding ever again, espacially nowadays where capitalism is long dead and monopolies rule Earth. It's easier to bray along like others than to stand out and be targetted. This is a reality every layman must be prepared to accept, and not be taken in by their supposed ' professionalism'. It carries no integrity except for the brave.

One way or another, the truth will prevail. Nothing can stay hidden forever, more so something this big.

True. Money talks. It's unfortunate that is how science works in our times. I think Kepler, Galileo, and Copernicus are turning in their graves.
edit on 1/8/2011 by PhantomLimb because: added content

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

If you are happy to be just another cog in the wheel that is fine. If you want to be a Galileo, Newton, Tesla, Darwin or one of the many other greats in the field it is hard work, not for the feint hearted.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I watched it last night. I was annoyed with the sarcastic tone of the mouthpiece. They make you feel crazy that you might be concerned with such things. The way I see it is, dead birds and fish are the number one Google search when you type the letter "D". It is not just conspiracy theorist who are concerned with this, it is everyday Joe public.

Honestly, I am on the fence about the whole thing. Mass die offs do happen every year and we do have instant communication around the world to hear about them, but don't make people feel bad because they are concerned. Nothing to see here, buy more product.

So in my eye's they were poking fun at a large populace of the world.

I'm not crazy, I don't care what ABC thinks.

edit to add: ok maybe not just the letter "d", but it is definitely up there in the rankings.
edit on 8-1-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I can always tell when I should pay attention to something by paying close attention to the MSM. Whatever they shrug off, I follow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join