It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Time Lurker...now an actual member!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

I have long lurked around these forums, but never felt the need to post anything (hence, no reason to sign up for an account).

My favorite topics to read about are (in no order):

Ancient history
Environmental/Global changes
Metaphysical/Ethereal
Exploration (space/earth/ocean)
Conspiracy Theories
UFO/Aliens

I tend to view most every topic/discussion/opinion with an open mind - another person's thoughts/opinions are as valid as mine, and tend to be based upon perspective and experience (and sometimes evidence). I don't change my opinion without evidence - but, I love hearing the thoughts of others, even if I fundamentally disagree with them. I am in love with the "what if" of the world, human history, and the future.
I try to treat everyone with equal respect and kindness, but will admit that "Devil's Advocate" and negative types can really test my ability to be respectful and kind at times. I tend to be an eternal optimist - both in thought and in word - one of those "a smile can change the world" types.

My username, Arista, is another name for the star Spica, the brightest star in the constellation Virgo - Arista just sounded "prettier" than Spica (which sounds like a weird fruit, or something you do to a volleyball).

I look forward to getting to know others here at ATS, perhaps even making a few friends

Anyway... HELLO ATSians!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Arista

Hi there, welcome on ats!!!

Grtz from Belgium

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 7thsignofthezodiac

Thank you, thank you!

You are from a place I will one day visit with glee and joy
I want to come for the flowers of the spring

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arista

Welcome to ATS. As you probably already know there are lots of interesting threads about your subjects of interest.
You just have to sift through the crap if you know what I mean.
I made an interesting thread about ancient robots and technology that might interest you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Has two documentaries there that are interesting if you have not already seen them.
Well look forward to seeing your input in the various forums.
Take care and enjoy yourself
Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I can relate since today I finally decided to register. I have been reading for some time and finally decided it was time. I have come to really enjoy the thought provoking posts here and it has surely caused me to think in many different directions. Thanks to all the people here for the many hours of research and insight brought to us. In these strange time it is a relief to know that thinking outside the box is appreciated by so many.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arista

Hi Arista

We have some great posters on the Ancient history threads so they are usually really interesting!

Look forward to your posts!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Thank you for the thread link - I will definitely give the documentaries a watch later this evening when I have some time to focus

I actually have a book called "Technology of the Gods" - fascinating stuff! I assume much of the information in the films will be repeats from the book

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Alright... welcome to ATS! Hope you enjoy your stay. A little word of advice, i don't know if it has already been said, but anyway: Stick with the T&C.

Once you reach 20 posts you'll be able to create your own threads and send messages to other users.

If you have any more questions(and if you reach 20 posts), send me a message. The page is : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, see you on the forums.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisbking

I think that forums like ATS are pivotal to humanity and the growth of humankind - insomuch as it give us "permission" to think beyond the norm, and ask questions about our world, humanity in general, our past and our future. Too much effort is put into teaching young people to not question, that the "adults" know best, that authority is to be accepted from any claiming they are "smarter" than others, etc. I am lucky in that I was taught to always ask questions, observe with discernment, and never relinquish my personal power to others just for the asking.

This is a wonderful community from what I have observed, filled with intelligent, truth seeking individuals.. I hope you will have an interesting and enlightening time here

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arista

Explanation: Flagged!

Down at the bottom to bottom right of screen is the 'ribbon' . Click on it to open/close it and pick the green Chat Voyuer function.It will allow you to watch what is going on in Chat but unfortunately you won't be able to join Chat [blue button up top right in the ATS toolbar next to TOOLS ok!] until you have about 200 posts or so.

Please u2u OL using the purple messages function to the far bottom left of screen after opening the 'ribbon' if you need any further assistance! OL is sure a mod will be along soon with an informative post etc.

Peace and Much Love!

Sincerely OmegaLogos [aka OL]

edit on 7-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited a spelling fail soz

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Wow! Thanks for the information on the chat... Now I have another observation port on here other than just the threads
I love to people watch - and the internet is nothing if not a voyeur's playground

200 posts is a large number - but I am sure I will be in chat before too long - until then, anyone/everyone is welcome to message me with invites to particular discussions, or just with general "who the heck are you" get to know me questions. I'm a pretty friendly sort

new topics

top topics

join