It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Robots and Machines of The Gods Fascinating Documentary's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I watched this first documentary some time ago and found it absolutely fascinating. I think this is the perfect thing to share with all you ATSers and with my new found ability to be able to in-bed videos that is exactly what I intend to do.
I think its remarkable the level of technical know how the ancients had and what is presented in this documentary is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
So it appears we had this technology for some time but unfortunately was only privy to a select few. The understanding of physical and mechanical motion has changed little from what the ancients used to build these machines. Okay Let me post first Set of clips. Quite long but well worth the time. If you can not watch all now be sure to save thread so you can go back to later, in my opinion its worth it.

Okay this second documentary is about the age old problem of Humans manipulating other humans.Also an excellent documentary and well worth the time.
In this case its getting them to be in awe or fear of god/s by use of technology and it seemed to of done the job.
Same applied then as it does now the temple/church is a business and the better the "miracles" the more came to worship therefore the more money was collected.
The uneducated would of perceived these things as godlike or magical. During those times where only a hand full could read or write and the fear of god was much over used, could you really blame them for swallowing this?
Try to watch as much as possible.If you cant watch all now then save for another time. Certainly worth it. Both Documentaries are.
This one is called Machines of the Gods

Ok I know that is a lot of video to get through but worth it. Let me know whether you enjoyed and your thoughts and opinions on the subject.
Enjoy, take care, regards
sorry 4 and 5 of machines of gods are wrong way round, no ones perfect
Ok should of sorted that...
edit on 1-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: silly me

edit on 1-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It does seem that more evidence is gradually starting to come out that levels of technology in the past were much higher than previously thought, the antikythera mechanism in particular springs to mind here. Personally I like the theory that technology comes and goes in cycles, at least to an extent. A lot of the evidence of our true history has been either destroyed forever, or locked away in the Vaticans vaults- we may never know the truth, that is very saddening.

I will give the videos a watch now, thanks for uploading!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Yes, there is so much evidence for advanced ancient technology it seems that the mainstream can no longer ignore it. What I would give to have access to the Vatican Vaults. Alas this will not be possible so will have to make do with what I have. Enjoy the videos and do comment again when you have finished to let me know your opinions they are greatly appreciated.
Regards

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

These Ancient Archaelogy shows are soo awesome. I personally find the Machines of The Gods show fascinating.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
50 flags by this time tomorrow! They're talking about 'ancient' and spend their time talking about da Vinci who lived 500 years ago.

How come these 'ancient robots' aren't depicted, described or represented in the historical record? Why are wooden chariots a game-changing technology if we had 'humanoid warriors?' Alexander the Great was a great military leader yet his armies were equipped with bronze weapons.

Ancient Greeks and Chinese had conceived of steam-powered automata, but there's no evidence that they'd applied these notions to autonomous mechanical soldiers. Likewise, Roman conquest is recorded by the Romans and their occupied nations and yet no contemporary records or historians felt the need to describe robotic hardware?

Genghis Khan and Subatai make no reference to their opponents having robotic technology either.

These TV shows that present 'alternative histories' are actively engaging in the deliberate deception of their audience. They're lying for ratings and ad-revenue. They don't care about the truth or facts.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I didn't have much time so just watched parts 4 and 5 of ancient machinery. Really enjoyed it.

I will watch the rest tomorrow, thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for your comments. These shows do not really begin to scratch the surface of the technological know how the ancients possessed. Much evidence gets lost over time, either naturally or purposefully. All I can say is that it is a start in the right direction. Things need to be investigated and evidence gathered. In the basement of the London History Museum for example there are literally 10s of tonnes of artefacts just sitting there, think of all the other museums, not to mention what still lies buried. Who knows what further things will come to light. Piecing together our true history is a challenge due to new evidence coming to light, yet unfortunately there seem to be some archaeologists in the mainstream that for whatever reason refuse to accept this new evidence. Did you watch the second documentary ? If so ,what are your opinions on that?
Take care ,regards

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Glad you enjoyed the 2 that you watched. Hope you find the time to watch the rest. Let me know what you think when you are done. Take care, regards

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Then you for this thread pretty fascinating! I enjoyed watching the videos. S&F for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
S & F from me. I remember seeing this doc either last year (2010) or a few years back. It was an eye opener and fascinating then as it is now. Thanks for bringing this back.

It really brings out the imagination knowing that we as humans have had technology as advanced as it was then, or as it has been portrayed in movies. I guess most of that movie tech dealing with ancient civilizations having gearing mechanisms or intricate locks isn't so far fetched as we might once have thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I saw this before, it was a good documentary. Also I believe that Alexandria was the focus of so much because at the time it was well positioned as a crossroads for trade and travel and being this it was able to attract peple of knowledge from across the area. Also I would truly love to see what Alexandria's library had that we will never know about.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I agree Thanks for your comments.One example of objects in films that could be more real then originally thought comes to mind. It is the mechanical owl portrayed in the likes of Jason and the Argonauts, if memory serves correctly. Now although this owl certainly would not be able to fly or be so life like there is a strong possibility such a mechanical device existed.
I also think if such a machine existed it would of almost certainly been portrayed as a gift from the gods therefore elevating its status in Greek mythology .Also the owl being a symbol of wisdom would fit in nicely as the designers surely did possess the wisdom to create such machines.
Take Care, Regards

edit on 2-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
wow.. and greek subs! i dont even need to think to watch it ! hahahaha

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Dear MaytheTruthbeKnown,
These are extremely interesting (though long as you've stated) links and I hope you continue to share with us any other tidbits of wisdom and interest that you find as I would be very excited to examine them. However, since you did mention in one of your posts about the more ancient cultures perhaps being more "ignorant" than we are today, and thus, more in "awe" of Godlike powers which seemingly are just examples of more advanced technology than was available to mankind on its own at the time. Please, please (only because my mother, God rest her soul, who was a retired English teacher; highschool and college) do not write sentences containing the words "would of" or "could of" or "should of", though they sound correct, you really are saying "would've, could've, should've" which are contractions for "would have",etc... I really hate to sound so picky but in calling other cultures "ignorant" and subscribing to an "awe" factor, one should proof their (not "they're" or "there") posting to lend it an air of educational validity. Just a pet peeve and I don't intend to injure any feelings. Keep up the great research and sharing though!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorDrug

Okay one will now speak and type proper English.... Would have...... The beauty about English and any other language is it is ever evolving... Go back 500 years and it would be difficult to understand. All English speaking countries have their own dialect and way to say things. I grant you, I should of paid more attention while I was typing ...but hey such is life. Anyway English lesson over.... Glad you enjoyed the videos and welcome to ATS will post more about different cultures and technology soon. As for now just got back from the pub and going to have a few more beers.
Take care and look forward to seeing some enlightening threads from you.
Regards
P.S Just to add. .....I never used the word ignorant .....If I did and I am mistaken ,please point that out
edit on 2-1-2011 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm going to be captain obvious here and state the obvious. Without electronic computers, you do not have a robot. You have a pre-recorded movement, which is no different than a mill or a row boat, just most complex. The reason being is simple. Gears have a bit capacity of the minimum gear bit number on the smallest gear. And I don't see any terabyte-worth gear bit size.

IE, no AI. No AI, no robot. Just a clockwork automaton.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You had me at "in-bed" videos.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Check the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh. The Anunnaki had robots guarding their Ziggurats.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Thanks for the info you have any links or recommended websites for this??

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Awesome, I've been thinking about this stuff a bit lately

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join