It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead blackbirds found near New Roads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Hundreds of dead blackbirds found near New Roads

www.wbrz.com

LABARRE, La. - Around 500 dead blackbirds and starlings have been found in Pointe Coupee Parish, according to state wildlife officials.

The birds were spotted lying in roads and ditches near Labarre Elementary School. The community is between Morganza and New Roads on Highway 10.

Scientists from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries have been sent out to collect samples, which will be sent for testing to the University of Georgia and National Wildlife Center in Wisconsin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok i was wanting to think that this maybe something that we could get an answer to.but seems like this is starting to spread arkansas and louisiana are not vey far apart.I am starting to wonder if this is some kind of avian flu but the million dollar question is will it be harmful to humans and other animals,and once again the media is down playing these events well this one should be watched very careful

www.wbrz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i am not very familiar with bird types but seems like it has crossed species into starlijngs now

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am not buying into the avian flu bit. If it was that then you would have a slow and steady rate of bird dieing. But this is a lot of dead in a very short time frame in a small area. Just like the last mass bird kill. And lest not forget the fish kill on 12-30-10 in about the same area as the first bird kill. I am afraid some is going to try and use this to push the avian flu mess even though I do not believe the two are connected at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I wonder if they will keep playing the "coincidence" card. There is something definitely going on here. CNN was playing it off earlier and somewhat joking about it. They were ridiculing Conspiracy Theorists. This thing just might keep continuing. I don't trust the government to tell us what is going on so we may never know until it is too late. S&F OP...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well i would not get the bug out bag just yet.but as i stated this should be watched with a very close eye

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have tried to be logical about this...
now I am beginning to feel a tad cryptic.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

how bizarre...I found the Manitoba bird kill to be a bit false but this however seems like another real event of the blackbirds dying. I wonder what exactly is the cause? I also wonder if we will see more birds dying this month?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ok, I'll be the crackpot conspiracy theorist to throw out this insane theory: What if the birds/fishes deaths were somehow manipulated my the government. We're going to slowly start hearing about more random mass bird deaths. Then soon the results from the analysis of the dead birds will come out, and we'll have a new potentially dangerous bird flu on our hands. Everybody will scramble to get vaccinated, and the vaccine will have some sort of immune system weakening abilities, or some crazy stuff like that which will somehow help TPTB to advance their secret agenda.

Pretty out there, huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Well this is from an ABC affiliate im sure its pretty credible, but im sure well i hope this is nothing to worry about

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DontLegalizeDecriminalize

I dont think that theory is crazy at all but i'm thinking a false flag to call martial law pending some other events

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Isn't a precursor to volcanic activity that there is an increase of sulfur in near-by waters (hence the fish deaths) and also a great volume of carbon monoxide (hence the death of birds).

Seems to me it could be signaling of a very large volcanic eruption.
Has there been any low yield quakes in the area?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Have not came across any news about EQ in the LA. area could check RSOE in a sec

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Trying to confirm a report of dead black birds in jersey and NYC all i see is a news clip from friday or saturday

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well according to RSOE EDIS;

There is an Epidemic Hazard in Hempstead County's city Hope.

Might be a link there.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

I think thats for the whooping cough

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was reading up on Red Wing Blackbirds, the one's that were found in Arkansas, and I found that they eat Mollusks, which are a marine based invertebrate animal that can live in fresh waters. I then thought about the dead Drum Fish incident. I wonder if they are eating sick Mollusks?

I found this on Wikipedia.

Molluscs have for many centuries been the source of important luxury goods, notably pearls, mother of pearl, Tyrian purple dye, and sea silk. Their shells have also been used as money in some pre-industrial societies. There is a risk of food poisoning from toxins that accumulate in molluscs under certain conditions, and many countries have regulations that aim to minimize this risk.

Source
edit on 3-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Ahh yes a connection some one stated that this may be the after effects of the BP spill if so we are just starting to see the game start

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That could be a viable link; but 10s of thousands of birds all eating mollusks?

So if there are any known Ornithologists in the area that could possibly tell us of where those birds nested/ate predominantly. Then they may lead us to where the cause of the concern lays.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Yea I know it's doubtful that many birds or fish ate bad mollusks but it's all I got right now. I just thought it was an interesting link. Whatever it is I hope it's just temporary. Doesn't look that way though.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join