It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I posted this in the wrong section replying to a thread which i didn't fully read...Again my appoligies... i finally found where it should have went so i'll copy and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't we try to step out of the "religious box" and look at this Satan thing from a different angle. Realize that the bible was written in an age where free thought was considered Heresy. A time where the writings of a few men litterally dominated the spiritual ideals and beliefs of the world.

Logic had no place in this time....Now consider the idea of the "fallen angel"... Gods favorite most beautiful angel decided to rebel against him because of pride. Pride is a human condition, and thinking that an angel would be driven by a human condition isn't logical. If angels exist they are beings that are far beyond human emotions or even the so called "sins" that plague us. The bible was writen by man, not by God. So the writings are also subject to human inturpretations. For instance the "Great Flood" was thought by many to be a world wide flood, but its known now that it was a regional flood. Or even the exodus where moses parted the sea...its known now that the area that he crossed could be litterally parted with the right wind. Now im not saying it wasn't an act of God but im saying its logical, it could actually happen.

Consider the idea that Satan isn't a demon trying to end the human race or even enslave us (as if we arn't already) Lucifer is the "opposer' or the "adversary"...he isn't against God. This is human inturpretation and again illogical. How does one challenge the power of the creator, especially a being that must be intelligent beyond anything imaginable by human minds.

Even with the example where he tried to tempt jesus in the wilderness, he was simply doing his job. The very idea that an angel would attempt to overthrow the one who created him is just rediculous. The fact is (imo) lucifer works with God to tempt humans to not follow their spiritual path. To believe in materialism, selfishness, greed and hatered, because without faith and knowledge of the spirit theres no progression. IF theres no progression in your spiritual development you'll be comming back for another round in the cycle of reincarnation because you haven't learned your lessons.

Satan isn't against God hes one of his greatest allies! He's definately not on our side, but he doesn't want us to fail! His job is to make it as hard as possible to learn our lessons in this life. To tempt us to turn from God, and even believe there is no God, but just like any other angel he loves us and wants us to pass our tests.

So again human inturpretation from hundreds of years ago has no logical basis. People lived in fear of God and under extreme pressure from the so called "religious authorities" back when the bible was written. Anyone who went against what the churches said was true was killed. So you didn't have a choice in what you believe, at that point anything the head of the church said had to be true regardless of how logical it might have been.

Personally i find it hilarious that anyone would even consider an angel trying to overthrow God. It makes no sense what so ever. IF he created all that exists, how could an angel try to challenge him.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is another view of Satan

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree. This "god" should have been able to foresee Satan's rebellion since the holy babble claims he knows everything at once, which is impossible. Omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite, alpha and omega, magical powers... it's all BS. The problem of infinite regression proves there are no such things as gods, meaning that a god requires a creator and then the god's creator requires a creator as well, causing the production line to go on forever. I like Satan better than the biblical god, even though he doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
I agree. This "god" should have been able to foresee Satan's rebellion since the holy babble claims he knows everything at once, which is impossible. Omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite, alpha and omega, magical powers... it's all BS. The problem of infinite regression proves there are no such things as gods, meaning that a god requires a creator and then the god's creator requires a creator as well, causing the production line to go on forever. I like Satan better than the biblical god, even though he doesn't exist.

Actually i was saying that this "rebellion" didn't take place...

Infinite regression doesn't prove anything, even science states there was a beginning. What was before the physical beginning isn't for us to know....

To each his own, believe what you will...some things are true regardless of what you believe

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I always thought the book "Living with the Devil" by Stephen Batchelor was a really interesting look at the "devil."

Have you read it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't read fiction...

i only read the bible looking for truth, in which i found very little within

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good to see you discard information so quickly!

Did you even try to look it up to see what it is about?

edit: ill save you some footwork. it proposes the idea that "god" and the "devil" are simply products of the human condition.
edit on 2-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Technically i wasn't discarding anything....

i was simply stating that asking me if i read a certian book will always get the same response...nope...lol

I read only for educational value, not entertainment

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Infinite regression disproves GODS, not the beginning itself. If you think a god or goddess is even possible, you may as well be a christian or a theist in general.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I read only for educational value, not entertainment

Well, arent you special

What are you doing on this site then?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Actually i read online, i was just talking about books...

reply to post by Akragon

Infinite regression disproves GODS, not the beginning itself. If you think a god or goddess is even possible, you may as well be a christian or a theist in general.

Why do i have to be any religion to believe in God?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I did mention theism, which is a position of believing in a god, not a religion. You're a theist then.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I did mention theism, which is a position of believing in a god, not a religion. You're a theist then.

I don't consider myself anything...i actually had to look up the term "theist" ... i guess thats close, spiritualist would be more acurate

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

*brain explodes*

Well thanks a lot! I just hope ill be able to get all of this stuff off of my now broken monitor and keyboard before it gets caked on
My first movement sent my arm flailing through my monitor, wrecking it. The next saw me getting up, spinning uncontrollably as i sent things around me flying off their respective shelves. This is going to be tough...

I hope youre happy.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hello!

If I may answer with a different twist.

God's most beautiful angel, Lucifer refused to bow down and worship man. Yes, it was prideful and it turned into a full blown out revolt. Funny, how come the other arch-angels didn't have a problem with God's order? They didn't revolt and man should be ever thankful that they have looked after us ever since.

As to Satan just doing his job and his HELPING us along our way, well, Peter warned watch out for that devil who roms arournd looking for someone to devour. Yep, that sounds like he wants to help me all right - help me all the way to hell. That is Satan's JOB now on this earth to take as many souls as he can back to hell with him before Jesus comes again.

Lucifer is no friend, he is a theif, a liar and will use all of our weaknesses to trap us.But Jesus and Michael have a little party planned for him soon.

Peace,

Grandma

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Akragon

Hello!

If I may answer with a different twist.

God's most beautiful angel, Lucifer refused to bow down and worship man. Yes, it was prideful and it turned into a full blown out revolt. Funny, how come the other arch-angels didn't have a problem with God's order? They didn't revolt and man should be ever thankful that they have looked after us ever since.

As to Satan just doing his job and his HELPING us along our way, well, Peter warned watch out for that devil who roms arournd looking for someone to devour. Yep, that sounds like he wants to help me all right - help me all the way to hell. That is Satan's JOB now on this earth to take as many souls as he can back to hell with him before Jesus comes again.

Lucifer is no friend, he is a theif, a liar and will use all of our weaknesses to trap us.But Jesus and Michael have a little party planned for him soon.

Peace,

Grandma

I assume you're talking about the "devil", ye know the guy with the pitchfork, lives in the center of the earth, or this "hell" that you're speaking of....

Hell is a fairytale used to assert control over the less intelligent people of this world. Do as we say or you'll burn for eternity... Just like God is an old man in the clouds waiting to spike a lightning bolt at your ass if you "sin"

Oh and im pretty sure Jesus missed the last boat into town a few centuries ago...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

*brain explodes*

Well thanks a lot! I just hope ill be able to get all of this stuff off of my now broken monitor and keyboard before it gets caked on
My first movement sent my arm flailing through my monitor, wrecking it. The next saw me getting up, spinning uncontrollably as i sent things around me flying off their respective shelves. This is going to be tough...

I hope youre happy.

Hahaha, sorry man...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah,

Funny stuff, but keep a look out for Jesus coming back on that next boat real soon like!

Peace,

Grandma

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah,

Funny stuff, but keep a look out for Jesus coming back on that next boat real soon like!

Peace,

Grandma

uh huh...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Lol this thread is fail.

you can debate satan and what he is who he is, Blah blah and go on, But the truth is jesus is coming, Satan is rising, And the end is near

Stop yapping on about ficitious tripe, Do something with your life, and stop living in conspiricy heaven. Its knowing the word of god that will set you free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join