It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Secret Psychic Spies and Remote Viewing in the CIA and NSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
- Stanford Research Institute -

In the 1970s and 1980s SRI was contracted by a U.S. government agency to research some aspects of remote viewing. As this work was performed for clients, SRI no longer has the records relating to the research. All such records were returned to the clients. SRI International is not currently involved in parapsychological research and has had no involvement in such research since 1990 when the last of staff working on the project retired or joined other organizations.

cont'd....
www.sri.com...

- DOCUMENTARY -

The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974. Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s, following the declassification of documents related to the Stargate Project, a $20 million research program sponsored by the U.S. Federal Government to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. Although one Stargate viewer had been awarded in 1984 a legion of merit for determining "150 essential elements of information (...) unavailable from any other source", the program was eventually terminated in 1995, citing a lack of documented evidence that the program had any value to the intelligence community.

- BOOK -

Limitless Mind: "A Guide To Remote Viewing And Transformation Of Consciousness"

The psychic abilities of most humans are dampened by the clatter of our conscious minds. In this timely book, Russell Targ draws on the work of ancient mystics and traditions - Gnostic, Christian, Buddhist, Kabalistic Jewish, Sufi, yogi, and especially Hindu spiritual master Patanjali - to show readers how to quiet this noise and see into the far reaches of time and space through remote viewing

www.amazon.com...=mp_s_a_1?qid=1293961818&sr=8-1
edit on 2-1-2011 by TheGiantPeach because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by TheGiantPeach because: Spell check and quotes

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Not sure if that amazon link works...

I'm using my iPhone to post and it seems that the amazon site is totally different than when on my laptop.

Sorry if doesn't work.

Great book by the way.

Just got to the beginning steps of the training your mind part, half way through the book.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Is this documentary old?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Yes...

I think it was released in the early 90's.

Very informative and entertaining video though.

The sri.com article on the subject is extremely fishy and I'm
sure if you take the time to read their statement, you will know what I mean.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
www.wikipedia.com

Remote viewing (RV) is the apparent ability to gather information about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means, in particular, extra-sensory perception (ESP) or sensing with mind. Scientific studies have been conducted, and although some earlier, less sophisticated experiments produced positive results, none of the newer experiments concluded with such results when under properly controlled conditions, and therefore, like any other forms of ESP, constitutes pseudoscience.[1][2][3][4] Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[5][6][7] The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974.[8]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Whaow, has this been posted over and over or something?

I did a search and was unable to find it here.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thanks. Very interesting.....

Now, I would be weary for working for the CIA if I were a psychic. Here, one day, the government thought that you weren't needed but didn't want you to use your power against them (such as working for another countries and etc). What do you think it would happen to you???? Is quite funny when top government officials getting consultations from palm readers and tarot card readers....

Another thing to keep in mind is that obviously the remote viewer "may" pick up the description of the location from the tester. About the map coordinates? Does anyone know exactly what they mean??? I think to remote view there has to be something that draws the remote viewer to the location. Map coordinates won't work because the remote viewer isn't a machine and he or she can't decipher those numbers.

edit on 2-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
....ics/knowledge/lyn-buchanan-and-remote-viewing

That looks like an interesting documentary i will definitely check it out.

I found this interview with Lyn Buchanan, one of the actual remote viewers from the CIA, at least according to what i have read about him. The interview is interesting as it talks about remote viewing through time, for some reason when i thought of remote viewing i always assumed everything happened in the present. Talking about looking into the past or future is pretty amazing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Flagging for MyATS to study later. Awesome.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought I would add my notes here as well...

good vids I did watch some... a fresh perspective is always good...

join