It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House to open new session with reading of Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

House to open new session with reading of Constitution

www.infowars.com

The Constitution frequently gets lip service in Congress, but House Republicans next year will make sure it gets a lot more than that – the new rules the incoming majority party proposed this week call for a full reading of the country’s founding document on the floor of the House on Jan. The goal, backers said, is to underscore the limited-government rules the Founders imposed on Congress – and to try to bring some of those principles back into everyday legislating.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
“This Congress has been very aggressive in expanding the power of the federal government, and there’s been a big backlash to that.”

Well its about damn time. But question is, will they really go through with it? My best guess is probably not. Wouldn't want those progessive's to get an edu-mi-cation! lol

www.infowars.com

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They'll probably get it wrong. They'll read the communist manifesto instead.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

“This Congress has been very aggressive in expanding the power of the federal government, and there’s been a big backlash to that.”

Well its about damn time. But question is, will they really go through with it? My best guess is probably not. Wouldn't want those progessive's to get an edu-mi-cation! lol

www.infowars.com

This is where we the people need to observe and take note. If the republicans go back to business as usual, we can fire them and try another batch. The hopeful sign is listening to the voters seems to be back in as a cool thing to do.

Hopefully its not a fad.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Since this will be the first time most of them have ever hear it, the collective response will be. . . . .

"Whaaaaaaat? I never knew. . . . !"

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Since this will be the first time most of them have ever hear it, the collective response will be. . . . .

....then vote for an immediate repeal and sent it back to committee.....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is just more lip service to appease duped voters. Hey look Joe they're reading the constitution why they are good guys after all... Sorry congress no sale ACTIONS speak much louder then words. It's all a dog a pony show and they will blame the other side when something doesn't pass and say we tried but you need to vote more of us in. The End the Fed bill is a good example it had nearly 300 sponsors but could not get enough votes.... Lip service indeed.

Congressman to self: Gee if I sponsor the bill but don't vote for it the moron voters will still think I am for it... Sigh!

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Agreed. Based on the reading and wide speculation, it " appears" the Republican party are beginning to hear the voices of the Republic. Whether they actually fulfill their duty is yet to be seen.

Setting aside time at the beginning of the congressional session for the reading is just one of the changes to House rules that Republicans say are designed to open up the legislative process

If they follow through, it may be the true " Change " we were hoping for. Not the alleged change the new coming " messiah " promised, then didn't follow through.

The biggest changes would make it easier to cut spending and harder to create entitlement programs, while imposing restrictions that could keep leaders from jamming massive bills onto the House floor before lawmakers have had a chance to digest them.

This would hopefully push out the unconstitutional and unwanted social programs as well. ( fingers crossed )

link   
IMHO you guys need to quit buying into this 2 party farce. They are not going to reduce government. Neither party ever has. They only take turns expanding different parts of it. Biggest bailout in history? Presided over by GW Bush. So get over yourselves. You are being gullible. The megacorps own them all (except maybe Ron Paul and Kucinich, but who listens to them?)

YOU ARE BEING DUPED.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

The topic didn't suggest nor did any poster on this thread suggest a " reduction " in government. It simply suggested that the Constitution was going to be reviewed, and hopefully acted upon.
Do you usually have the inability to conjure up a constructive thought to a thread?
Or is it a common practice to attempt to re-direct a thread topic?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

And that is EXACTLY why it will be done imo.

Shortly following the reading will be motions to make amendments and a strong push to "update" it.

Betcha!

"The Constitution 2" (the sequel.) Not as good as the first and the whole concept will never seem the same.
edit on 30/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by pirhanna

The topic didn't suggest nor did any poster on this thread suggest a " reduction " in government. It simply suggested that the Constitution was going to be reviewed, and hopefully acted upon.
Do you usually have the inability to conjure up a constructive thought to a thread?
Or is it a common practice to attempt to re-direct a thread topic?

Well gee reading of the constitution implies they mean to follow it which would obviously require a reduction in government so his post was entirely germane to the discussion.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 30-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They'll screw it up some how, it'll end up sounding something like the following.

Preamble.

We the Privileged few of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union between Corporations and the Fed, establish injustice, insure the lack of domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense of Corporate interests, promote mass Welfare programs, and secure the trashing of the Blessings of Liberty for the masses and their Posterity, do abstain from and abolish this Constitution for the United States of America.

edit on 30-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It gives the Major no small pleasure that the House of Representatives will finally be appraised of the U.S. Constitution. The Major would break into a jig if they actually understood it, but the Major's dancing boots will continue to gather dust. In the interim, the Major recommends the recruits assembled read, understand, and live the U.S. Constitution every day.

Dismissed.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It wouldn't be surprising if you're correct.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This topic has already been started:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

This is just to keep the peasants happy. It means nothing. The Corporate Manifesto is the law of the land. Let the peasants have their bobbles of the past. Keep working for the good of the Homeland. Give all to the Homeland. You need very little and the State needs it all. Praise Comrade Obama!

thepeoplescube.com...
edit on 30-12-2010 by HUMBLEONE because: Checking for possible thought crimes!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am suprised to find out they knew we had a Constituion. Maybe i am just cynical but I dont think its more than lip service, The republicans are no better at protecting our rights than the democrats..........which is not at all.

Wasnt it Bush Jr that said the Constituion was "just a piece of paper"

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I so hope this is the start of where America turns the corner and starts to see rea hopel and prosperity,

and if I can be greedy, add one more wish for you all?

Arrest George Bush Snr/jnr and Dick Cheney, they have ruined, robbed and completey given the bird the the Great Nation the allegedly defended, (They gave you nothing, but stole and abused everything and every free loving American) and obviously Rice, Rumsfield but not Powell, he quickly realised what the game was and walked away,

Oh sod it, then Obama and his chicken necked back stabbers,,,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join